"Soarin'" Over The Lines.

nerdboyrockstar

InsideOtherPark said:
March 21st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epcot @ 12:45 pm

Test Track- 190 min!!!!!!!
Mission Space- 115 min
Spaceship Earth- 30 min.
Body Wars- 20 min.
Cranium Command- 10 min.
Imagination- 10 min.

This might sound like a dumb question but why does Test Track have trouble avoiding long waits?

downwitheisner

nerdboyrockstar said:
This might sound like a dumb question but why does Test Track have trouble avoiding long waits?
I think it's because it is accessable to more of the family than M:S, mostly because the only fast part is the end. Everything else is the soul-less gimic. It also breaks down often, and people will keep gathring up, or crowd back in when it re-opens.

nibblesandbits

hcwalker16 said:
I seriously doubt that fastpasses will be available at 5:00. Of course, it depends on the day you visit.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. Especially since it's going to be a brand new ride, I have a feeling those Fastpasses are going to go fast.

Lost Boy

Being from California I can speak from seeing it first hand. For months, and on occasion still happening, the ride is almost a walk on for the first hour the Park is open, sometimes less. Then as the day wears on, the line get longer and longer and longer. By late afternoon the line is hours long, and there is really no covering from the sun or rain except right at the entrance. It's really not worth the wait. Here's why:

Personally, after riding it twice, I don't see the repeat ride value at all. It's just a big mechanical lift system that is very neat and all that, but still it a movie on a round inverted dome that when run long enough starts to get scratched and dirty and unless they perform major maintenance those tiny marks are blown up 10 times bigger on that big Imax-like system. After riding it once or twice what's the point of doing it again. It never changes, and trying different seats is not going to make it better. The only perfect seats on the entire ride are center section, front row. The left and right front row sections make the screen image distorted. The middle row, and back row are aweful as you are not dead center, have people feet from the first row, if you are in the second row, and second row for those in the third row, dangling in you field of vision. Plus for you guys, what's the point of Soarin' Over California?

I was really looking forward to this ride when DCA first opened, but after two rides, that was it. Never went again.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Lost Boy said:
By late afternoon the line is hours long, and there is really no covering from the sun or rain except right at the entrance.

The queue at Epcot is entirely indoors (and quite nice), so that's not really an issue anymore.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet in this thread is the singles line option. If you can't get a Fastpass or don't feel like waiting, you could always try that.

Minnie Moo

Sorry LostBoy, but I totally disagree. When we are in CA, we go on Soarin' as much as possible. I think it's a totally magical experience and I'm thrilled that we're getting it at FL too :) I could go on Soarin' all day long and not get bored (ummm, as long as I'm not on the bottom row and I'm "soarin" underneath lots of yucky hanging legs and shoes all day long!). Between the awesome music and the spectacular views, I can honestly say that I never tire of it. I even have the music playing on my PC right this very instant :)

RSoxNo1

8 hours for the Indy Adventure. I really find that hard to believe. I'm not sure what the park capacity is at Disneyland, but I can't imagine it's more than 40,000. Just some estimating but an 8 hour wait would mean that at least a quarter of the park's guests were in line for Indy Adventure.

As for the long waits at Test Track, it breaks down all the time, has trouble in the rain, and the ride capacity isn't that high to begin with.

Compare that to Mission: Space which is less family oriented (as mentioned previously) and has a much higher capacity.

I think the better question is what is the capacity per hour for Soarin'

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
MickeyMan101 said:
My brother was there when they did the preview, and he said he waited 2 and a half hours to get on:eek: , so if that's what it's like when it's just a preview that it's open for 2 hours then you might want to get there early! Just a thought

MickeyMan101

You cant really compare any kind of limited previews to full opening times. Previews run at a much lower capacity, irregular loading times, and basically are not meant to be taken as any guide to what wait times will be like under full opening.

Shaman

Lost Boy said:
Being from California I can speak from seeing it first hand. For months, and on occasion still happening, the ride is almost a walk on for the first hour the Park is open, sometimes less. Then as the day wears on, the line get longer and longer and longer. By late afternoon the line is hours long, and there is really no covering from the sun or rain except right at the entrance.

DCA's attendance doesn't measure up to Epcot's...so I doubt the same will be true of this ride at WDW...if anything I personally think the smallest wait time will hover around 45min...throughout the day....just my opinion though...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
My guess would be to agree with others here that FP's will be gone by early PM on busy days, and the wait from about 12-5 will be up to 1 1/2 hours. As was said before, for the first two hours the park is open and at the end of the day, line times will be reasonable and will be the best to plan for.

As was also said, this ride is for everyone, so will maintain a high use rate. At DCA I always did it in the AM, or PM single riders were usually not a problem.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
RSoxNo1 said:
I think the better question is what is the capacity per hour for Soarin'

Let's see:

174 Riders * (60 Minutes / X), where X is the time between the start of one ride and the start of the next. The ride is about 5 minutes long, so we just need to figure out how long it takes to unload the previous ride and load the new one. Things were going a bit slow during the previews, so I'll conservatively say 5 minutes for unloading/loading. That gives us 1044 people per hour. I'd say that's the minimum. That will go up as they streamline the loading and unloading process.

AEfx

I recall seeing rider-per-hour figures from DCA and thinking it incredibly low for a new "E" ticket, especially one that will appeal to such a large audience like this one will. I just hope it is more mechanically sound than TT. I've never stood on line for that ride where it didn't shut down, even if just for 5-10 minutes. Anyone know how the DCA version does performance-wise?

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom