"Soarin'" Over The Lines.

Pongo

Original Poster
I am fully prepared to get ripped apart by anyone and everyone if this was posted before...

But, does anyone have a clue on how the wait times for Soarin' will be once it opens? Or how fast the FastPasses will disappear? I can imagine they'll be pretty vast. Unless the entire state of California flocks to Epcot for the 50th celebration, and they all just happen to be sick of Saorin' already.

But that's highly doubtful.

My friend and I plan on heading over to O-Town for her birthday to spend the day Park Hopping. We are planning on going to Soarin' near the end of the day, and i wanted to know if we would at least have the slightest chance of skipping the line.

Captain Hank

I imagine that the wait would be similar to any other E-ticket. There will probably be an inital small rush soon after opening time, then an almost dead line, then gradually increasing wait times as the day goes on, peaking around lunchtime or so. Then, as people move towards WS for dinner, it'll probably die down somewhat, but not entirely. Your best bet would probably be to either get to it very soon after park opening, or during Illuminations. I doubt the lines would be horrendous, especially with another recently opened E-ticket just across the park. They'll be significant, but not absolutely horrible. At least, this is what I think.

SteveUK

It's a good point made above, that it will be busy and there is every possibility that the Fastpass system there will end up like the Test Track mess.

It's always worth getting a Fastpass in the morning even it is for late in the day, as this would serve your purpose. But if you want to stand in the normal line, it's worth remembering that the crowds tend to move towards WS and away from FW as the day goes on.

dxwwf3

I'm hoping that IF NOTHING ELSE, Soarin' will help alleviate some of the crowd problems over at Test Track (and to a much lesser extent Mission Space). Of course I also hope that you are still able to walk around and enjoy the rest of what The Land has to offer. I know the "charm" of the place will probably be gone, but Disney isn't really looking for "charm", they want butts in the seats and Soarin' will probably bump up numbers at Living With The Land and Circle of Life.

General Grizz

I hope the Land doesn't become a mess.

Take the crowds from Lunch and dining, and that's big enough. Big enough to make the Land Epcot's #2 pavilion attendance-wise last December, beating out Mission Space and Test Track.

But then adding on a major E-Ticket could well double that attendance, including the already popular Living with the Land and kid-friendly Circle of Life show.

With Soarin's entrance potentially resting on the bottom level of the Land, I'm preparing for myself for congestion... and lots of people...(I do NOT want to be there at lunchtime!!)

Pongo

Original Poster
We'll be there at about 5:00-5:30. We're thinking we'll get a FastPass, sit and eat some dinner, possibly ride Living with the Land. That is, if we can get FastPasses.

If not, then I'm thinkin' I should come up with some fun line games.:lol: :hurl:

My brother was there when they did the preview, and he said he waited 2 and a half hours to get on:eek: , so if that's what it's like when it's just a preview that it's open for 2 hours then you might want to get there early! Just a thought

MickeyMan101

downwitheisner

I took the behind the seeds tour(Free Preview at 1pm) on Friday, and the tourguide said that they have enough queue space for a 3 hour wait, and they expect it to get that long.

Pongo

Original Poster
downwitheisner said:
I took the behind the seeds tour(Free Preview at 1pm) on Friday, and the tourguide said that they have enough queue space for a 3 hour wait, and they expect it to get that long.

That's brutal. I don't think I've ever seen a ride wait time of three hours. I don't think I would ever WANT to see a ride wait time of three hours. What's that... 180 minutes? It sounds so much longer when put that way.

General Grizz

MickeyMan101 said:
My brother was there when they did the preview, and he said he waited 2 and a half hours to get on:eek: , so if that's what it's like when it's just a preview that it's open for 2 hours then you might want to get there early! Just a thought

MickeyMan101
But also keep in mind you were there during a VERY crowded part of the year... if not one of the most crowded... :D

The_CEO

Pongo said:
That's brutal. I don't think I've ever seen a ride wait time of three hours. I don't think I would ever WANT to see a ride wait time of three hours. What's that... 180 minutes? It sounds so much longer when put that way.

Shrek 4-D and ROTM have reached it... :D

maxime29

Premium Member
I have a feeling that this will be a crowded attraction in the afternoon. Everyone seems to go towards Future World West due to the close proximity of TT, M:S, WoL (when open), and UoE. Even the Electric Umbrella draws people over because of the breakfast meals.

This still doesn't mean that Soarin' will have lines. I do agree it will have its growing pains.

PhotoDave219

Wow, Y'all freak out easily.

Ive ridden Soarin during the easter two weeks a grand total of 4 times and the longest wait was 30-45. I dont understand where the 2 hour wait remark is comming from.

Yes they have a 3 hour long quene, but bear in mind, its the length of the tunnell that takes you from the pavillion to the attraction. Sorta like the quene for Space Mountain.

GymLeaderPhil

Mission: Space rarely runs out of fast passes since it excludes some members of the group, but Test Track is terrible even on slow days. Soarin' is a great E-Ticket that, like Test Track, will attract the whole family and not exclude them. I hope that Soarin' will indeed give some needed relief to Test Track, so that the both can counter one another.

surfsupdon

Pongo said:

I've seen a lot of Disney rides reach that high and much higher around New Years Week.

And I feel bad when I hear parents interpret the wait as 1hour 80 minutes. Aside form being nonsensical, its way more than an hour, lol.

March 21st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic Kingdom @ 2:45 pm

Big Thunder Mountain- 65 min
Buzz Lightyear- 70 min
Dumbo- 45 min
it's a small world- 45 min
Jungle Cruise- 55 min,
Tea Party- 5 min
Space Mountain- 95 min.
Stitch's Great Escape- 90 min.
Barnstormer- 25 min.
Haunted Mansion- 45 min
Pirates of the Carribean- 35 min.
Winnie the Pooh- 60 min.

Epcot @ 12:45 pm

Test Track- 190 min!!!!!!!
Mission Space- 115 min
Spaceship Earth- 30 min.
Body Wars- 20 min.
Cranium Command- 10 min.
Imagination- 10 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom