Soarin Music

icandrawem2

Original Poster
I was listening to the Soarin music earlier, and noticed that part of it is from the Apollo 13 score by James Horner (not the version from the film, but a remake i suppose) I never noticed it in the queue, anyone else?

Rob562

The queue music is almost entirely movie soundtracks. Off the top of my head I know that it includes Contact, Dave, The Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Father of the Bride, Air Force One, Battlestar Galactica and Far & Away.

A re-creation of the loop is often available on Mousebits. Someone got the same original pieces of music that Disney used, and edited them together like in the queue. (The only one they couldn't find the same recording of was Battlestar Galactica, so they used a different recording for that segment)

EDIT: Here's the complete listing of tracks, including links to purchase some of them on iTunes.
http://www.disneymusicloops.com/wdw/wdwepcot-fw-soarin.html

And for those who are interested, because the theme of the queue is different, the original Soarin' Over California queue at DCA has a very different music loop:
http://www.disneymusicloops.com/dlr/dlr-gs-soarin.html
Only a couple of repeats. (It's also a much shorter loop, because the interior queue at DCA is rather short. It pretty much starts where the "blue hallway" is in Epcot, so they didn't need to have the loop be as long before it repeated.)

-Rob

icandrawem2

Original Poster
Yeah wow, I guess I just never noticed...some of those I wouldnt recognize, but Apollo 13 stood out to me. Thanks for the info!

sarabi

Huuuuuuge Apollo 13 fan here, and yes, I noticed it. I own the soundtrack and can't help but notice it. I was really pleased they included it. I think the music they are playing captures the character of Soarin' really well.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Fortunately for me, traveling in Septembers to WDW leads me to not having to stand in the queue that long. I have never really noticed

:lol:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I love The Soarin music...Espcially when they fly over the dessert over the horses. Does anyone know what song that is?

icandrawem2

Original Poster
You could just listen to the entire loop on Winamp or WMP...go to subsonicradio.com to get the URLs for the different audio.

Chape19714

keep in mind that since the new games in the queue area, the audio has changed quite a bit.

The movie scores are no longer played in that area.

Tinkrbell

I love The Soarin music...Espcially when they fly over the dessert over the horses. Does anyone know what song that is?

That is the Soarin' theme music. (I think the music is original to the ride.) The music everyone is talking about is the music that plays while you're waiting in line.

Rob562

keep in mind that since the new games in the queue area, the audio has changed quite a bit.

The movie scores are no longer played in that area.

Rather than the odd music that plays now in that game section, I've always thought that they should have come up with video "artwork" that matched the regular queue music loop for the times when the game isn't being played. It's kind of jarring and doesn't really fit the ambiance they're going for with the queue music.

So when the games are done playing (which I've never actually seen in operation), the regular loop fades back in and you see accompanying video.

-Rob

bgraham34

In January when I was there as we were waiting we have Choir Girls singing so i was not able to pay attention to the music. I will say I enjoyed the Girls singing and did not miss not hearing the gueue music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom