So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

Chaos Cat

So, the site Park Lore did an Islands of Adventure ideal buildout recently and it's a thing of beauty.

FlqTDE2XEAo5tov

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Rain poured down on the shores of Pandora as the 16 Armchair Imagineers stepped off their helicarriers. The whirling of the blades sweeping the water up didn't help with the aquatic atmosphere. The ride to Pandora had been tense. Two major subjects that had been brought up were the qualities of the newly released documentary "The Way of Water" which most of the 16 agreed was a bit trite and style over substance. The bigger dividing point however, was the Eisner vs. Chapek debate that raged on over the endless hours of flight time and had literally split the crew right down the middle.

Long time Imagineering veterans Tegan and Space vouched for Chapek, and many of the newer members of the community followed along in their stead. Meanwhile, many of the old-timers within the community vouched for what a maverick Eisner was, and thus the great divide happened leaving two teams of eight players in the middle of the Pandora wilderness. Team Eisner attempted to find shelter within the shores, while Team Chapek headed for the rain forest.

Seeing that Space and Tegan had exhausted themselves after the debate, @Lizzy May Bee decided to step up to the plate and lead Chapek through the rainforest trek. Meanwhile @PerGron started geeking out over all the sea life on display on the shores and jumped into high gear training everyone on Team Eisner in the art of scuba diving just so they could live within the water tribe without any major continuity issues. At this point everyone realized that they were all in Avatar bodies already, thus the toxic atmosphere of Pandora had no effect on any of them.

The commanding presence and location-based puns of Colonel Quarters had been vanquished by the act of him slipping into a puddle and drowning himself immediately upon touching down on Pandora. No more would Quarters be making lame "were no in Kansas anymore" jokes. Everyone shed a single tear and moved on with the debate and team division.

While both teams ended up thriving in their environments, @MagicKingdom4Ever soon became overwhelmed by the Pandora rain forests. Realizing the cast needed someone to stay behind to watch over the small base camp in which their human bodies were being protected, MagicKingdom ended up volunteering themselves to stay behind and became the first person to withdraw from the quest.

While the teams were divided, the actual details of the quest also became muddied. The Armchair Imagineers had come to Pandora seeking out @JokersWild, who was rumored to have joined a Na'vi cult after reverting back to his old AdvBlueDude persona. With creativity on Earth dying thanks to the never-ending IP Wars which had turned all the world's theme parks into corporate wastelands, Jokers and his "greatest player to ever play the game" status had become the final hope to restoring a new spark of creativity throughout the theme park industry. This was why the 16 Armchair Imagineers were here on Pandora, but with the in-fighting and team division happening immediately would they loose sight of their goals before the adventure had even truly began?!?!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

Seeing that Space and Tegan had exhausted themselves after the debate, @Lizzy May Bee decided to step up to the plate and lead Chapek through the rainforest trek. Meanwhile @PerGron started geeking out over all the sea life on display on the shores and jumped into high gear training everyone on Team Eisner in the art of scuba diving just so they could live within the water tribe without any major continuity issues. At this point everyone realized that they were all in Avatar bodies already, thus the toxic atmosphere of Pandora had no effect on any of them.
Okay, I need to just call this to everyone's attention. THIS. This crap right here. This is why I've been struggling with writing for a long time. Words cannot describe how much my OCD HATES seeing run-on paragraphs like this with single runt words hanging off the ends of them. I just need to know if it actually bothers anyone, because frankly I just spent like a half hour trying to format this right only for there to still be run-offs. It's absolutely driving me crazy and I just want to clarify that nobody actually cares one way or another.

@MagicKingdom4Ever has announced they're taking a break from the forum and have thus become the first person eliminated from the game in 16th place. Nominations will NOT be necessary this round. I'll be posting the next prompt as soon as both teams submit their current project and should have written feedback soon after that with a solo feedback podcast coming tomorrow, where I'll also be announcing the official winning team and the person who was granted the season's first PoMVP.

spacemt354

Chili's
Okay, I need to just call this to everyone's attention. THIS. This crap right here. This is why I've been struggling with writing for a long time. Words cannot describe how much my OCD HATES seeing run-on paragraphs like this with single runt words hanging off the ends of them. I just need to know if it actually bothers anyone, because frankly I just spent like a half hour trying to format this right only for there to still be run-offs. It's absolutely driving me crazy and I just want to clarify that nobody actually cares one way or another.

@MagicKingdom4Ever has announced they're taking a break from the forum and have thus become the first person eliminated from the game in 16th place. Nominations will NOT be necessary this round. I'll be posting the next prompt as soon as both teams submit their current project and should have written feedback soon after that with a solo feedback podcast coming tomorrow, where I'll also be announcing the official winning team and the person who was granted the season's first PoMVP.
I can safely say I don't care. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say this community cherishes creativity above language arts restrictions (of which I don't even see any).

Lizzy May Bee

I did NOT notice that at all. Speaking about the writing, I was just about to say that while I don’t care much for Avatar I really liked how the game events were tied into the story, makes me excited to see more of it

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I did NOT notice that at all. Speaking about the writing, I was just about to say that while I don’t care much for Avatar I really liked how the game events were tied into the story, makes me excited to see more of it
Initially the story was ALL Avatar but @goofyyukyuk made some updates to the overall outline to make it more of an "Epic Pop Culture Story" type of vibe and we'll be jumping around to a bunch of different parodies.

Lizzy May Bee

7C46D8E6-D852-4BFD-A13D-72314950A6EF.jpeg

Land Background Music

Tokyo Disney Times - Press Release

In 2029 - after the Tomorrowland renovation - the Oriental Land Company sets their sights on a newly renovated Westernland - poised with a novel backstory.

"Rather than adding another Galaxy's Edge to a Magic Kingdom style park like in Disneyland" Shannoninthemagic noted, a paramount designer of the Westernland project, "we wanted to bring forth a new story that would satisfy the guest desire for a more 'sci-fi western' land like Galaxy's Edge"

The new Westernland would be renamed "Final Frontierland" (最後の辺境 Final Frontier in Japanese) - to pay homage to the Frontierland of old and the science-fiction elements of the present.

The land is set in 1929, within the fictitious mountainous town of Tumbleweed that benefitted from the Gold Rush of the 1800s and became a global hub of innovation. Yet one night, on top of Wonder Mountain, an experiment caused an avalanche and caused the citizens to take shelter.

Yet upon thawing out of the avalanche, the town was much different than it had ever been before...

CA547013-6290-47F2-81B5-EE986C235BB3.jpeg
(Click above to go to the project)
Credits
Logo/Concept Art - @Lizzy May Bee
Preamble/Backstory - @TheSorcerersApprentice and @spacemt354
Map - @Tegan pilots a chicken
Wonder Mountain - @spacemt354
Eno's Intergalactic Hoedown - @Brer Panther
Buckshot Bart's and Mesa Transport - @Tegan pilots a chicken
Jupiter Steakhouse - @Imagineer Brandon
Astro Cookout - @TheSorcerersApprentice and @Tegan pilots a chicken
United Market - @Shannoninthemagic
Streetmosphere - @TheSorcerersApprentice
Presentation - Team

Edited to rename the town to something more appropriate if that’s allowed​

Last edited:

Lizzy May Bee

View attachment 690813
Land Background Music

Tokyo Disney Times - Press Release

In 2029 - after the Tomorrowland renovation - the Oriental Land Company sets their sights on a newly renovated Westernland - poised with a novel backstory.

"Rather than adding another Galaxy's Edge to a Magic Kingdom style park like in Disneyland" Shannoninthemagic noted, a paramount designer of the Westernland project, "we wanted to bring forth a new story that would satisfy the guest desire for a more 'sci-fi western' land like Galaxy's Edge"

The new Westernland would be renamed "Final Frontierland" (最後の辺境 Final Frontier in Japanese) - to pay homage to the Frontierland of old and the science-fiction elements of the present.

The land is set in 1929, within the fictitious mountainous town of Gaijin that benefitted from the Gold Rush of the 1800s and became a global hub of innovation. Yet one night, on top of Wonder Mountain, an experiment caused an avalanche and caused the citizens to take shelter.

Yet upon thawing out of the avalanche, the town was much different than it had ever been before...

View attachment 690815
(Click above to go to the project)
Credits
Logo/Concept Art - @Lizzy May Bee
Preamble/Backstory - @TheSorcerersApprentice and @spacemt354
Map - @Tegan pilots a chicken
Wonder Mountain - @spacemt354
Eno's Intergalactic Hoedown - @Brer Panther
Buckshot Bart's and Mesa Transport - @Tegan pilots a chicken
Jupiter Steakhouse - @Imagineer Brandon
Astro Cookout - @TheSorcerersApprentice and @Tegan pilots a chicken
United Market - @Shannoninthemagic
Streetmosphere - @TheSorcerersApprentice
Presentation - Team

Sorry about the double post, I forgot how this site worked in the moment lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom