So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

ThemeParkPriest

Going live with Monkey in two hours for the second part of our Disneyland attraction ranking!
Here are my 41-50 (note: #50 is the last of the attractions I haven't ridden):
41Jumpin' Jellyfish
42Golden Zephyr
43Dumbo the Flying Elephant
44Autopia
45Tarzan's Treehouse
46Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
47The Bakery Tour
48Tom Sawyer Island
49Main Street Cinema
50Rise of the Resistance

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
We'll be going live with a "Classic", non-themed installment of Disney Debates tonight at 10PM Eastern featuring Lazerdude and the first appearance of "Prometheus" Season Two winner Erin Novak! Topics include...

1. Which recently announced sequel should be most anticipated?
2. Who is the best Green Pixar Character?
3. Who is the best Walt-era Disney Villain?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just wanted to say I've been loving the collaboration and comradery at play in the brainstorming this round in spite of the fact that this is the one project that is more or less every man for themselves. It really shows off just how rock solid of a final five ya'll are. Can't wait to read everything tonight. IMPORTANT JURY MESSAGE: We'll be asking all the jurors for their ranked TOP THREE picks to move on to the final three, and will be combining the scores of everyone to come up with the jury pick. You will have STRICTLY until 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific tomorrow (3/16) to cast your votes. @Lizzy May Bee @spacemt354 @Disney Dad 3000 @Brer Panther @Dark PerGron.

AceAstro

1678937855723.png

FestivalOfTheHolidays2023.png

Epcot's International Festival of the Holidays

Attachments

• FestivalOfTheHolidays2023.png
    FestivalOfTheHolidays2023.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 51

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm not going to do a full review this round - but I would like to say something nice about each one of the semi-finalists

Starting with @OSUPhantom - the fact that you were still able to churn out concept art on a hotel writing pad is one of the best things I've seen from the season, as it represents your commitment to imagineering despite the time crunch.

For @Tegan pilots a chicken I love how you embraced the harmony of Epcot of all cultures and backgrounds. I do think from my reading that most of the project flowed off of that establishment of eclectic holiday traditions around the world to embody what Epcot should be, and I thought that was great.

For @Pi on my Cake - perhaps it's the first curse word in a SYWTBAI project, but definitely not in a SYWTBAI podcast lol. Needless to say I think the detailed map layouts combined with your innovative and charming humor goes a long way in the game!

For @monkey92514 I sincerely love how you've committed yourself to drawing and artwork. Artwork may not be the most important thing to everyone but to me it just shows another layer of love and dedication that I really enjoyed seeing this season.

And last but not least for @AceAstro I really felt you grew this season in your ability to turn out things quickly under pressure. Not that you hadn't before, but I just think you took it to another level this season, and it was put on display with your ability to create and research diverse nation write-ups in such a short 4 day window.

Congratulations to everyone and good luck in the finals!!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

monkey92514

I'll be a bit disappointed if you don't have Ren & Stimpy meeting the characters from this:
View attachment 698217
But then again there's always Universal Studios: Bible Edition!
Didn't expect re-reading this whole thread to be what led to me finally locating that animated Moses video I saw once years ago.

Why didn't I realize this at the time of its initial posting?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Season Twenty, Final Project: Disneyland IS a Museum
Capture%2Bd%25E2%2580%2599e%25CC%2581cran%2B2017-01-05%2Ba%25CC%2580%2B14.23.13.png
Through the past few years, theme park history coverage has evolved from text-based websites like Yesterland to modern YouTube/podcast marvels such as Defunctland, Podcast: The Ride, and Offhand Disney just name a few. It's pretty clear that the public's fascination with Disney parks and their place in entertainment history has reached a fever pitch, and for this project the final three will get to fully capitalize on that thirst. For your final project, you must work together to design an 85 acre boutique Disney park that caters to all things in the realm of extinct attractions.

Here's the twist: This park must be partly a museum featuring brick by brick recreations of classic experiences. The attraction roster should include a healthy mix of museum style recreations combined with some modern reimaginings of iconic concepts. You can draw from anything that's no longer in the parks as well as any never-built concepts. Attractions that exist anywhere stateside are off the table, so no Mr. Toad, Country Bears, etc. even if they are fondly missed in one half of the country. The combination of "museum" and full blown theme park is the tricky mind-teaser puzzle at the end of this road. Oh yea...one last twist just to keep things interesting. One of the headlining attractions in this park MUST be an attraction currently operating stateside. That's right...it's up to the final three to give the axe to one experience to be brought over to the "Yesterland" style park as a museum piece.

A couple other components
-Shopping and dining shouldn't be the primary focus, but are definitely encouraged
-I'd very much like to see properly built out lands here. In a way you can definitely think of this as a "Mirror Disneyland" of extinct attractions, but feel free to go outside the lines of the Castle Park layout if you wish.
-Give the park a name other than Yester/Defunctland

A note to jurors: Please submit any questions you'd like to hear the final three address in your Diary Room at any point before the end of the brainstorming time. We'll be asking for the jury votes in the time period between the project being turned in and the live show, which will include a full day to make sure the jury has a chance to read everything.

Good luck to the final three, this project is due Tuesday, March 28th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific​

monkey92514

Going live now!!!
Plot twist: I was listening the whole time haha 😜 (couldn't respond because I was driving home with pizza and then ingesting said pizza)

Honestly rn I'm seeing more of the honor in being the final cut before the final three. And it helps that 4 is the best number. I am indeed glad of my accomplishments this season and feel I lasted a very respectable length.

Thanks for the good game :)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Plot twist: I was listening the whole time haha 😜 (couldn't respond because I was driving home with pizza and then ingesting said pizza)

Honestly rn I'm seeing more of the honor in being the final cut before the final three. And it helps that 4 is the best number. I am indeed glad of my accomplishments this season and feel I lasted a very respectable length.

Thanks for the good game :)
Monkey it was lovely getting to work with you this game! Thank you for being awesome!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom