So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The curse of the DW strikes again… (insert random meme here)

This project is just insane. I’m not even going to review it because of its sheer size and being unfamiliar with most IPs (never watched most Nicktoons or CN shows), but good job team. That next round prompt tho…
Thanks DW!

Yeah this next one is wild! And short!!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Alright folks, powering through this in one final post!!

(Tiki's current energy level pictured below)
spongebob-tired-exhausted-format-template-meme-pkcgqy8sv3061q92.gif

Fosters - For a gift shop, this has a lot going on and I really appreciate it! The meet n' greet and make your own imaginary friend components blend really well into the actual store side of things without feeling cluttered or overwhelmed. This is the show I use as the tipping point for when I aged out of Cartoon Network, but I still really enjoyed this. Also love the name and logo!

Commercial Break note - Is it just me, or is Doodle Bob a random and not great second episode to pair with the Spongebob Halloween special on that VHS?? They couldn't have picked Graveyard Shift or Nasty Patty instead? Idk, just a weird four AM observation SEVEN freaking hours into writing this. WHADDOIKNOW?!?!?! 🤣 :hungover:o_O

Learning with Pibby - This is really great but absolutely taps into my anxiety. The idea of distorted versions of iconic cartoons is honestly super disturbing especially when presented without the usual "HYPER-REALISTIC" CreepyPasta trappings but with
a much more naturalistic kind of distortion. I like the idea that this is sort of Snow White's Scary Adventures style and were in Pibby's shoes instead of her being physically present. Ugggh I soooo wish I had more to say about these late entries but my dictionary of compliments has pretty much run dry haha.

Courage/Aaah Real Monsters Maze - Thank god, something I actually have a good amount of thoughts on to end things out haha. This was freaking awesome and a great way to end out all the crossover madness. My only note is that I wish you would have gone even bigger with the crossovers! Why leave it to just Aaah Real Monsters? I would have loved to have seen other "Monster" characters such as the Powerpuff Girls villains, the various Rugrats nightmare fuel (I'M NOT STU!!!!) or Hey Arnold's collection of urban mythology. Just saying this because I kind of feel like Aaah! Real Monsters is the Bug's Life style "respectable but forgettable" second outing from NickToons after the big three came out. Rocko's Modern Life had a much more enduring legacy from that second wave of NickToons and I just don't really think Real Monsters has the staying power to maintain a whole half of a crossover.

Also worth noting that I found the concept art here to be some of the best in the whole project and really helped illustrate exactly what the layout was like. The choice of iconic Courage moments was also really on point, and makes me wonder how the hell a Courage HHN maze hasn't already happened by now. I feel like if they were to actually do that the hype for it would be MASSIVE. It's easily among the most beloved and fondly remembered of the Cartoon Network lineup.

Eight freaking hours later. Not only was that the longest project in the game's history but I think it's safe to say going methodically piece by piece through this giving thoughtful feedback on EVERYTHING has been by far the most extensive review I've written in the game's history. You all are ANIMALS, you hear me. 🤣🤣Podcast this afternoon at 5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific. @goofyyukyuk that goes for you since I'm literally too tired to send you a message in the prod chat right now. Alright ya'll, I'm going to bed.
exhausted.gif

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Fosters - For a gift shop, this has a lot going on and I really appreciate it! The meet n' greet and make your own imaginary friend components blend really well into the actual store side of things without feeling cluttered or overwhelmed. This is the show I use as the tipping point for when I aged out of Cartoon Network, but I still really enjoyed this. Also love the name and logo!

Commercial Break note - Is it just me, or is Doodle Bob a random and not great second episode to pair with the Spongebob Halloween special on that VHS?? They couldn't have picked Graveyard Shift or Nasty Patty instead? Idk, just a weird four AM observation SEVEN freaking hours into writing this. WHADDOIKNOW?!?!?! 🤣 :hungover:o_O

Learning with Pibby - This is really great but absolutely taps into my anxiety. The idea of distorted versions of iconic cartoons is honestly super disturbing especially when presented without the usual "HYPER-REALISTIC" CreepyPasta trappings but with
a much more naturalistic kind of distortion. I like the idea that this is sort of Snow White's Scary Adventures style and were in Pibby's shoes instead of her being physically present. Ugggh I soooo wish I had more to say about these late entries but my dictionary of compliments has pretty much run dry haha.

Courage/Aaah Real Monsters Maze - Thank god, something I actually have a good amount of thoughts on to end things out haha. This was freaking awesome and a great way to end out all the crossover madness. My only note is that I wish you would have gone even bigger with the crossovers! Why leave it to just Aaah Real Monsters? I would have loved to have seen other "Monster" characters such as the Powerpuff Girls villains, the various Rugrats nightmare fuel (I'M NOT STU!!!!) or Hey Arnold's collection of urban mythology. Just saying this because I kind of feel like Aaah! Real Monsters is the Bug's Life style "respectable but forgettable" second outing from NickToons after the big three came out. Rocko's Modern Life had a much more enduring legacy from that second wave of NickToons and I just don't really think Real Monsters has the staying power to maintain a whole half of a crossover.

Also worth noting that I found the concept art here to be some of the best in the whole project and really helped illustrate exactly what the layout was like. The choice of iconic Courage moments was also really on point, and makes me wonder how the hell a Courage HHN maze hasn't already happened by now. I feel like if they were to actually do that the hype for it would be MASSIVE. It's easily among the most beloved and fondly remembered of the Cartoon Network lineup.

Eight freaking hours later. Not only was that the longest project in the game's history but I think it's safe to say going methodically piece by piece through this giving thoughtful feedback on EVERYTHING has been by far the most extensive review I've written in the game's history. You all are ANIMALS, you hear me. 🤣🤣Podcast this afternoon at 5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific. @goofyyukyuk that goes for you since I'm literally too tired to send you a message in the prod chat right now. Alright ya'll, I'm going to bed.
exhausted.gif
Kudos for powering through!!

Chaos Cat

exhausted.gif
Now you know how I felt trying to review all those 50th anniversary projects back in SA7

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Adult Swim's distinct lo-fi bumpers as those are a really crucial part of the brand, but that's more of a nitpick and what's here is great.
This is where I confess that my only experience with Adult Swim is the first 2 or 3 seasons of Rick and Marty, smiling friends, Too Many Cooks, and Learning with Pibby. I have no idea what you're talking about and was really just faking my way rhrough the store with some quick googling lol

Iroh's story included here is just freaking brilliant. If anything I would have liked to have seen Adventure Time swapped out for a second Nickelodeon show to give things a more even representation between the two networks, but that's a small nitpick.
I actually wanted to have that balance! But I was struggling to find another Nick show that had a similar style of storytelling and featured original songs. But I justified it to myself by saying that Adventure Time started out as a Nicktoon since its pilot was a short in Kablam (I believe it was Kablam) although that is a tenous connection at best and I did not communicate it lol

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I actually wanted to have that balance! But I was struggling to find another Nick show that had a similar style of storytelling and featured original songs. But I justified it to myself by saying that Adventure Time started out as a Nicktoon since its pilot was a short in Kablam (I believe it was Kablam) although that is a tenous connection at best and I did not communicate it lol
Obviously it doesn't matter now, but I would have gone for Hey Arnold. That show is really rich with deep thematic material as well as its own urban mythology of sorts through the tall tales the kids tell that lead to famous creepy episodes. Could have been an interesting modern take on the themes the rest of the show was exploring.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Obviously it doesn't matter now, but I would have gone for Hey Arnold. That show is really rich with deep thematic material as well as its own urban mythology of sorts through the tall tales the kids tell that lead to famous creepy episodes. Could have been an interesting modern take on the themes the rest of the show was exploring.
Oooooo that could've been good! Less fantasy than the others but it definitely fits the vibe

Lizzy May Bee

So I can safely say this was the most ambitious and overall fun project I've ever been a part of. It will be a legacy project in the game's history for sure and I want to cherish that positive memory more than anything else.

With that said, rather than doing any nominations, I talked with @TheOriginalTiki prior to posting this - but NickToon Landing will act as my swan song project in the game.

Therefore, everyone is safe and moving on!

It's a decision that I was mulling over since early on in the round as everyone was contributing and knowing my work obligations will be getting very involved over the next month as well. While I could still play, I would much rather end on this high note and see everyone else have a shot to win!

I'll be happy to stay in touch with the game with feedback in the future. But for now it was a sincere pleasure and good luck to everyone moving on!
Damn, The Zombie PoMVP is really getting devalued by the second

goofyyukyuk

As an update from the podcast, @Pi on my Cake has been named PoMVP and is (kind of) safe from elimination in this next round, barring the use of the Kamikazi PoMVP.

@Brer Panther opened Walt's Vault, and unfortunately, he has been automatically nominated for elimination. However, the PM will still have to nominate 2 more people for elimination, which means half of the team will be up for elimination this round!

Let us know if you have any questions, and good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom