So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
And with that, @spacemt354 becomes our second juror. We'll still be having a podcast tomorrow for the feedback and also to reveal Walt's Vault and the PoMVP as well as a general check in. I've honestly had a LOT of soul searching happen in the week I've been playing this damn strategy game and I want to have a public forum about it. I'll say this much right now...I do think throughout the season I've focused a bit too much on the "Drama" of it all, especially in the Diary Room questions and the barrage of PoMVPs. While I can't promise there won't be more strategically leaning DR questions in the future, I can say that the past week has given me a perspective about how I want to personally engage with that side of the game from a hosting standpoint. We'll speak more about that tomorrow. I truly love you all and it's been an amazing ride so far. If anyone ever has any anxiety or stress about the game, I want you to know from the bottom of my hear that @goofyyukyuk and I will do EVERYTHING in our power to make it right if you address it with us in the DR.

With that in mind, stand by for Project Eight. As in tonight! As in RIGHT NOW!!

Project Eight: Waiter, There's Creepy in my Pasta!
Split-images-of-stills-from-several-creepypastas.jpg

CreepyPasta. You know, you love em'. It's the 2010s phenomenon that swept through the internet like a wildfire creating an endless slew of iconic characters, lore, and glorious memes. This will be the most research intensive project of the season, since I'm absolutely aware of how niche it is. Most of you know by now that Halloween Horror Nights is the number one game in town when it comes to Halloween events. Universal's endless budget and limitless well of IP makes the event a true powerhouse. What if, however...there was a park that wasn't afraid to take on Universal for the throne? A park that embraced the public domain of CreepyPasta culture and used it to cultivate a truly one of a kind Halloween experience. A park so bold in its output that it prides itself on not only building its coasters in-house, but making sure those coasters are record breakers. That's right, fellow Book of Mormon fans. Ring some doorbells, were headed for Utah!

For this project, you must design a CreepyPasta themed Halloween event for Lagoon Amusement Park. The event must consist of three mazes including ONE crossover maze and two mazes dedicated to stand-alone CreepyPasta characters. In addition there should be at least one entertainment offering, one ScareZone, and one special dining option. As I said, between the niche subject and the obscure park, I guarantee you this is going to be the most challenging prompt of the season. This project is due Wednesday, February 22nd at 11:59PM Eastern. Readers beware, you're in for a SCARE!! Also worth noting is that I will be taking the BUDGET of your offerings into account when it comes to realism, but I don't want you to think too hard about the legal stuff. Let's just assume that everything is public domain for this round and just have fun with it haha.​
Tiki I really appreciate you gaining new perspective and wanting to continuously improve your craft as a host. You truly do a lovely job but it’s awesome that you’re being so upfront and forthright with us so thank you for that!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Tiki I really appreciate you gaining new perspective and wanting to continuously improve your craft as a host. You truly do a lovely job but it’s awesome that you’re being so upfront and forthright with us so thank you for that!
I feel like I've grown more as a person in the past week than I have in like, the last five years. I'm really glad I signed up for the game I'm playing, but at the same time it's been BY FAR one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life from an emotional/mental health point of view. The hosts are rock stars are making sure things don't devolve into any sort of personal/bullying territory, but just the fact that I've been very open about my Autism with everyone makes me EXTREMELY terrified that I'm going to get blasted for emotional manipulation. So yea, I absolutely want to hone these life lessons into my hosting. I feel like I've had way too much of an emphasis on strategy and I'm glad I got this perspective so I don't loose sight that at the end of the day, that's not what this game is about.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I feel like I've grown more as a person in the past week than I have in like, the last five years. I'm really glad I signed up for the game I'm playing, but at the same time it's been BY FAR one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life from an emotional/mental health point of view. The hosts are rock stars are making sure things don't devolve into any sort of personal/bullying territory, but just the fact that I've been very open about my Autism with everyone makes me EXTREMELY terrified that I'm going to get blasted for emotional manipulation. So yea, I absolutely want to hone these life lessons into my hosting. I feel like I've had way too much of an emphasis on strategy and I'm glad I got this perspective so I don't loose sight that at the end of the day, that's not what this game is about.
That’s incredible Tiki!! I’m honestly truly happy for you!

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but that would never ever cross my mind. You always do the best job you can of making these games fun, engaging, and interesting. Sure there were a ton of twists and turns, but never ever ever have I ever felt for a second like you were deliberately being manipulative.

At the end of the day these games are all about fun and community. And in that regard this season has been a phenomenal success!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
That’s incredible Tiki!! I’m honestly truly happy for you!

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but that would never ever cross my mind. You always do the best job you can of making these games fun, engaging, and interesting. Sure there were a ton of twists and turns, but never ever ever have I ever felt for a second like you were deliberately being manipulative.

At the end of the day these games are all about fun and community. And in that regard this season has been a phenomenal success!
Just for the record I'm talking about emotional manipulation in the context of the game I'm playing, not this one. I feel like at this point I've bonded with literally everyone left in the game on some kind of level, and for a few of them I've shared VERY personal details about my home life as an explanation for why things are getting me so emotional. Literally every day playing the game is a personal struggle of NOT wanting to quit out of fear that I'm going to have to vote out one of the people I've had those intense conversations with and that they're personally get hurt by it and think I was telling them the personal stuff as a manipulative ploy.

17 year old Season Eight "Mastermind Speech" Tiki is internally screaming right now. 🤣 🤣

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
A Grim Day Out - Another Monkey comedy grand slam! Twerking Lipschitz is TRULY a thing of magnificent wonder. In all seriousness, I think this is a really rock solid dark ride. The park setting makes for a super dynamic atmosphere chalk full of gags. Grim babysitting the Rugrats is yet another insane crossover you could only see in a prompt like this, and I'm so happy you willed it into existence. I especially loved the initial interactions with Billy and Mandy and how coldly the two of them just leave Grim high and dry for the rest of the attraction after the pre show haha. Also the Rugrat might be one of my all time favorite ride vehicle designs I've ever seen in this game!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Smiling Friends - Yet another comedy grand slam. This truly might be one of the funniest attraction write ups I've ever read. The visuals are just freaking priceless and absolutely feel like they were pulled straight from the show's own marketing. The funny thing is, I actually think this does legitimately create a solid experience in itself. It's an all out meta assault on the art of the theme park Pre Show, and while that sort of thing would never get greenlit in a real world setting it makes for one hell of a fun thought experiment. Bonus points to the Fallon scene. I think that truly pushed a great concept above and beyond into something really special.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Adult Swag - Excellent use of a confined space, and a really great way to poke fun at the "exit through the gift shop" cliche. I think maybe perhaps a bit more could have been done to represent Adult Swim's distinct lo-fi bumpers as those are a really crucial part of the brand, but that's more of a nitpick and what's here is great.

Dexter's Delights - THAT MENU THOUGH. I want EVERYTHING. Creative takes on traditional comfort food is TOTALLY my jam when it comes to theme park dining, so this would absolutely be my go to at Universal much like Cowfish is currently.

Mr. Meaty Shake Wad - I really wish there was some more context and dialogue behind this crossover because I love the idea of Meatwad running a food stand where nothing but meat is consumed, but for such a small addition this does have a lot of charm to it. I love how all the ingredients on the menu are just "Meat". A really great comedic visual to compliment a solid tiny component.

Candy Store - Not gonna lie, as a die hard Ed, Edd, N' Eddy fan the idea of the jawbreakers actually being cotton candy is straight up blasphemy, and I WON'T stand for it. 🤣 I like the idea of the cotton candy representing the over-sized jawbreakers, but I would have loved a bit more of a distinction that actual jawbreakers are on the table to be sold here as well. At any rate I think how super generic yet distinctly in the style of the show this shop feels is a great testament to the writing.

Bravo's Barber Beauty - For another tiny addition to the overall land, this also really shined. The idea of a barbershop in a theme park is not unheard of thanks to Main Street, but this twist really made it into a more destination-worthy stop. I'd absolutely love to be a fly on the wall for the casting process to hire the people who work here. 🤣

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Spongebob Boating School - Not gonna lie, I had a bit of a harder time visualizing this one. I guess my main concern was just naturally the "Rocket Rods" factor. Putting a speedy slot car ride on a former PeopleMover track is historically not a great combination. The visual gags were pretty solid, but at the same time I was struggling a bit with how much was actually up there. It seemed a bit too elaborate to really flow with the rest of the land from a kinetic point of view. Really hate to be hard on this one. It was a fun write up and maybe I'm missing something with the Rocket Rods thing. By all means I'd love to hear some counter-points haha.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Crystal Candy Spin - Alright, this has GOT to be the most elaborate queue for a Dumbo ride ever, right?!?!? I mean...props. I really like the use of the temple as a transition into the more naturalistic elements of the ride and there's certainly some cool stuff here like the intentional build up to the actual ride and the wide variety of different vehicles. While the queue set up is cool, I do wonder if something so elaborate is even needed for an attraction so simple.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Nick Arcade - Really great idea, really wish there was a bit more detail. That's about all I can say about it haha.

Krusty Krab - Another really solid albeit kind of obvious addition. Perhaps would have liked to have seen a bit of crossover from this one? And maybe some sample dialogue from Squidward and potential stuff like routine Plankton break-ins would have spiced it up but obviously I'm not looking for a novel on each individual component so all in all nice work.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Rocket Power Rail Riders - I absolutely adore this show, so it was a delight to see it represented here in such a fun way. The preshow vid of Twister wiping out and Sam being cautious yet triumphant is just such a perfect "theme park safety video" moment I can't get over how well you nailed that. I don't have a ton to say about the actual ride and if I'm being honest while it certainly fits the theme of Rocket Power itself I don't really know if the "off the shelf" nature of the ride would translate well with the rest of the hyper-themed land. Regardless, at the very least it would make for a really interesting addition to the Islands of Adventure skyline.

Shore Shack - I kind of love everything about it. Turning this from a burger joint to a smoothie bar/gift shop was a really inspired choice that really made this pop. Once again filled to the brim with Rocket Power personality, I could definitely see this being a fan-favorite spot. Again my one nitpick is I feel there could have been some sort of crossover between this and the Krusty Krab as like competing businesses or something like that. As a stand-alone component though, it works really well.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
A note on transitions - LOVE the commercial breaks this project! Such a fun, unique way to give the readers a breather in between the different sections and shift gears into the next land. It actually really helped make reading the project an enjoyable experience. That one Nickelodeon Magazine ad just completely slapped me in the face with nostalgia for how much I was still able to recite it word for word. On another transitional note, I don't have a ton of commentary on the Infinity Tunnel but I definitely love it as a fixture between the two areas. Universal seems to be really into doing stuff like that with the "hidden" Diagon Alley entrance and the Super Nintendo World pipe transition, so this just seems like a really natural evolution of that sort of design philosophy.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
The Wild Thornberrys - @Dark PerGron I know you weren't particularly happy with how this came out calling it "Wattpad Fan-Fiction", and I couldn't disagree more. I truly think this is THE anchor of the whole project. While the main crossover E Ticket was also wonderful, I feel like this attraction has the natural sense of flow and progression to the crossover stuff where the coaster had a lot of chaos and stuff just flying at you from all directions. Certainly two entirely different approaches to be sure, but I really prefer this chill, laid-back approach.

I think the choice of regions to explore and crossovers to delve into was absolutely top notch, as was the mix of naturalistic environments like the rainforest and jungle to more abstract and weird cartoon settings like the farm house and the dog scene. The use of the convoy itself (one of THE all time great fictional vehicles. Facts) was really spot on. It's a shame this franchise isn't really relevant anymore because it's honestly just BEGGING for a dark ride where you transition from a track to a flume.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Spongebob Boating School - Not gonna lie, I had a bit of a harder time visualizing this one. I guess my main concern was just naturally the "Rocket Rods" factor. Putting a speedy slot car ride on a former PeopleMover track is historically not a great combination. The visual gags were pretty solid, but at the same time I was struggling a bit with how much was actually up there. It seemed a bit too elaborate to really flow with the rest of the land from a kinetic point of view. Really hate to be hard on this one. It was a fun write up and maybe I'm missing something with the Rocket Rods thing. By all means I'd love to hear some counter-points haha.
It’s not a Rocket Rods thing, there’s no people mover track lol. It’s a slot car ride (Test Track, Radiator Springs Racers).

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Yogi's Wacky Racers - This is both a redemption for Yogi Bear and an epic comeback for @Brer Panther. I'm really glad you managed to make it to the merge, because projects like this are truly where you shine. Between this and the AA show from the first project it's really building a resume for yourself that's of a higher quality than I've ever seen from you in the many times you've played this game. It truly shows some great growth on your part. I think this was yet another rock solid dark ride with all the fixings of being a classic. You've got some really fun crossover action, some wonderful environments, some super playful kinetic energy and Mr. Toad style sight gags. It all comes together in a really fantastic package. My only note is that I'm unclear how the process of actually being able to pick your car and racing alongside the other cars would work with a traditional bus bar dark ride. I'm kind of picturing it functioning in a similar way to Autopia just enclosed and hyper themed. Am I on the money with that?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Tales Told Over the Garden Wall - I think my favorite element of this is how tucked away and almost half-abandoned the actual stage feels. It pulls off one of my favorite theme park tricks of having something super obscure and out of the way but really rewarding and worth pursuing. Generally speaking, I love everything about this. I think the four stories you picked covered a great range of themes, and the puppet component certainly makes for a more engaging and "must see" experience than the typical "storytelling" shows usually have. I also like the focus on morals and friendship rather than the "Comedy Recap" approach most shows of this type go for. Also...thanks for re-traumatizing me over freaking TUBA. Just when I had forgotten how SHOOK Book Three made me. Iroh's story included here is just freaking brilliant. If anything I would have liked to have seen Adventure Time swapped out for a second Nickelodeon show to give things a more even representation between the two networks, but that's a small nitpick.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Avatar - The Feast of Four Nations: I think at this point I'm officially hitting a brick wall as far as stuff to talk about haha. First of all I love the menu. I think Avatar is a really natural fit for Mythos and the multi-cultural "Nations" selections really popped. Definitely a more enticing menu than what is currently being offered. The Ember Island Players are a fun addition and make for a good comedic counterpoint to the more serious Garden Wall storytelling show. That's...about it. Wish I had more to say, but I'm struggling to get through things at this point and I really want to actually finish this before going to bed haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom