So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

spacemt354

Chili's
A Merged Team Production
ZzUu6YP.jpg

We were tasked to design a new land for Universal's Islands of Adventure

Inspired by decades of cartoons from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, this crossover land seeks to bring out all the emotions of your childhood as you read.

You'll be excited, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll (possibly) gag, but in the end we hope you truly enjoy this epic journey into nostalgia and the future of themed entertainment.

On behalf of the cast of the Merged Team, we proudly present...
d69718ba-d2f3-4b2b-8fcd-24664311631e-png.698956

NuxK4Vh.png

Reading Music

spacemt354

Chili's
So I can safely say this was the most ambitious and overall fun project I've ever been a part of. It will be a legacy project in the game's history for sure and I want to cherish that positive memory more than anything else.

With that said, rather than doing any nominations, I talked with @TheOriginalTiki prior to posting this - but NickToon Landing will act as my swan song project in the game.

Therefore, everyone is safe and moving on!

It's a decision that I was mulling over since early on in the round as everyone was contributing and knowing my work obligations will be getting very involved over the next month as well. While I could still play, I would much rather end on this high note and see everyone else have a shot to win!

I'll be happy to stay in touch with the game with feedback in the future. But for now it was a sincere pleasure and good luck to everyone moving on!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
And with that, @spacemt354 becomes our second juror. We'll still be having a podcast tomorrow for the feedback and also to reveal Walt's Vault and the PoMVP as well as a general check in. I've honestly had a LOT of soul searching happen in the week I've been playing this damn strategy game and I want to have a public forum about it. I'll say this much right now...I do think throughout the season I've focused a bit too much on the "Drama" of it all, especially in the Diary Room questions and the barrage of PoMVPs. While I can't promise there won't be more strategically leaning DR questions in the future, I can say that the past week has given me a perspective about how I want to personally engage with that side of the game from a hosting standpoint. We'll speak more about that tomorrow. I truly love you all and it's been an amazing ride so far. If anyone ever has any anxiety or stress about the game, I want you to know from the bottom of my hear that @goofyyukyuk and I will do EVERYTHING in our power to make it right if you address it with us in the DR.

With that in mind, stand by for Project Eight. As in tonight! As in RIGHT NOW!!

Project Eight: Waiter, There's Creepy in my Pasta!
Split-images-of-stills-from-several-creepypastas.jpg

CreepyPasta. You know, you love em'. It's the 2010s phenomenon that swept through the internet like a wildfire creating an endless slew of iconic characters, lore, and glorious memes. This will be the most research intensive project of the season, since I'm absolutely aware of how niche it is. Most of you know by now that Halloween Horror Nights is the number one game in town when it comes to Halloween events. Universal's endless budget and limitless well of IP makes the event a true powerhouse. What if, however...there was a park that wasn't afraid to take on Universal for the throne? A park that embraced the public domain of CreepyPasta culture and used it to cultivate a truly one of a kind Halloween experience. A park so bold in its output that it prides itself on not only building its coasters in-house, but making sure those coasters are record breakers. That's right, fellow Book of Mormon fans. Ring some doorbells, were headed for Utah!

For this project, you must design a CreepyPasta themed Halloween event for Lagoon Amusement Park. The event must consist of three mazes including ONE crossover maze and two mazes dedicated to stand-alone CreepyPasta characters. In addition there should be at least one entertainment offering, one ScareZone, and one special dining option. As I said, between the niche subject and the obscure park, I guarantee you this is going to be the most challenging prompt of the season. This project is due Wednesday, February 22nd at 11:59PM Eastern. Readers beware, you're in for a SCARE!! Also worth noting is that I will be taking the BUDGET of your offerings into account when it comes to realism, but I don't want you to think too hard about the legal stuff. Let's just assume that everything is public domain for this round and just have fun with it haha.​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just going to record my feedback attraction by attraction.

Cartoon Chaos - While this was certainly a really ambitious undertaking and a great E Ticket to bring everything together, I think this attraction kind of personifies how chaotic of a prompt this was for better and worse. There's just...a lot. It's truly an everything and the kitchen sink kind of attraction and honestly it's a lot to keep up with. I guess one of the issues I have as far as the "keeping up with it" side goes...and I always stress this... is I definitely struggled as far as the HOW of it all. Mostly which characters would be AAs and which ones would be projections/screens.

I definitely think the big strengths here were the settings and the actual coaster mechanics. I think there was a really solid effort to actually translate the coaster experience into a massive dark ride environment and I commend the project for actually feeling like it has a coaster structure and not just a dark ride with coaster segments. The locations chosen were all excellent and really helped bring the crossovers to life. Townsville and the Samurai Jack temple were especially strong battle grounds that really popped in a Smash Brothers kind of way. With a ride this ambitious it's really easy for things to get lost in the shuffle, and I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Kids Next Door - This was a blast as far as the crossover potential went! I love the idea of taking the world-building applied to the KND universe and making it a jumping off point to explore all the weird and wacky parental/authority figure characters in these cartoons that are primarily starring children protagonists. I'm not sure if the ARG was the right route to go in as opposed to a more traditional shooter. I honestly think something like the Midway Mania pullstring would have been more satisfying for that "lobbing a water balloon" physicality. Then again I haven't done Mario Kart yet so it's really hard for me to judge what that tech is like in person. Perhaps a bit more detail from scene to scene about how the physical and animation stuff interact would have served this well, but overall it was a super fun concept!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So I can safely say this was the most ambitious and overall fun project I've ever been a part of. It will be a legacy project in the game's history for sure and I want to cherish that positive memory more than anything else.

With that said, rather than doing any nominations, I talked with @TheOriginalTiki prior to posting this - but NickToon Landing will act as my swan song project in the game.

Therefore, everyone is safe and moving on!

It's a decision that I was mulling over since early on in the round as everyone was contributing and knowing my work obligations will be getting very involved over the next month as well. While I could still play, I would much rather end on this high note and see everyone else have a shot to win!

I'll be happy to stay in touch with the game with feedback in the future. But for now it was a sincere pleasure and good luck to everyone moving on!
Thank you for your incredible leadership and organization during the previous round. That project turned out spectacular and it wouldn’t have been that way without you and all the effort you put in. Thank you so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom