So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
620E0FF7-9B83-43D1-B129-910035C01587.png

PRESENTS

A VERY PICKLE FLAVORED PROJECT
(Make sure it’s in “present” mode!!)

On to the unpleasantness of nominations.
As I mentioned to my cast mates, this is my fourth time having to do this, and it only gets worse every time. All of these armchair Imagineers deserve to be here.

That said, I have to nominate two people. That’s how the game works. This wasn’t easy, but I am nominating @Mickeynerd17 and @ThemeParkPriest

You’ve both previously nominated me. There are seven cast members remaining including myself, I had to make a decision and this was all I could come up with.

I’m sorry that somebody’s game has to come to an end tonight.​

Mickeynerd17

View attachment 576622

PRESENTS

A VERY PICKLE FLAVORED PROJECT
(Make sure it’s in “present” mode!!)

On to the unpleasantness of nominations.
As I mentioned to my cast mates, this is my fourth time having to do this, and it only gets worse every time. All of these armchair Imagineers deserve to be here.

That said, I have to nominate two people. That’s how the game works. This wasn’t easy, but I am nominating @Mickeynerd17 and @ThemeParkPriest

You’ve both previously nominated me. There are seven cast members remaining including myself, I had to make a decision and this was all I could come up with.

I’m sorry that somebody’s game has to come to an end tonight.​
I admire your boldness...

Tbh, I saw this coming lol! 🤣

JokersWild

Original Poster
Season 19, Act Twelve - Wonders of the World
EAqBrOEXUAE8DT_.jpg

In this day of modern tourism, many classic landmarks and tourist spots have tried to keep up with the times by installing attractions to add some thrills and unique experiences to their otherwise boring structures. A simulator was installed in The Empire State Building, allowing guests to embark on a virtual flight over New York City, a dark ride was built in Hershey, Pennsylvania to show guests how their chocolate is made, and many others were erected to attract guests looking for something more than a simple elevator ride or tour through crumbling ruins. Now, it's your turn to make a world landmark into a popular tourist attraction:

The Challenge
Create an attraction for ANY famous landmark or world wonder. This can be anywhere in the world so go wild.

Due Date
Friday, August 6th at 11:59pm EST​

Chaos Cat

Midnight. You know what to do.

You know, I typically hate hearing recordings of my own voice, but I was listening to me in this and picturing a gangster cat like the ones in most of my avatars and it... kind of works, actually. Like, my voice here kind of gives off Meowth vibes, if that make sense.

So from now on, I want you all to picture me as a cartoon cat in a zoot suit and I accept no other substitutes.

Chaos Cat

You know, I typically hate hearing recordings of my own voice, but I was listening to me in this and picturing a gangster cat like the ones in most of my avatars and it... kind of works, actually. Like, my voice here kind of gives off Meowth vibes, if that make sense.

So from now on, I want you all to picture me as a cartoon cat in a zoot suit and I accept no other substitutes.
*looks up logistics of rigging a cat VTuber avatar*

JokersWild

Original Poster
JokersWilds' Rickviews
Great job, once again. Thankfully there weren't too many of you guys going into this project with no knowledge of Rick and Morty, which is a win in itself. Anyway, onto the project.

Though it's a crime that your headlining attraction, Rick's Greatest Invention Ever, was missing the very crucial "Rick" pun, I still enjoyed the concept. For the future, just because you're occupying the space of a former attraction doesn't mean that you have to follow its structure to a T. Knock some walls down, add rooms, change up the pre-show, do anything to help push your concept past its predecessor. While I enjoyed your attraction, it felt almost like an overlay at times. Other than that I thought that the setup was fun. I think it was pretty successful at introducing the franchise to people who have never seen an episode. As for the actual ride, I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to see just a little bit more detail and especially dialogue. I know that writing dialogue is tough, but at the end of the day it's a very rewarding exercise and will push your presentation just that much further. As for the detail, I would have liked to have heard more about the randomized scenes past basic name-drops. What you have here is really interesting, with a pretty strong start and finish - I just would have liked to see a similarly strong middle.

I don't have a ton to say about the other attractions past saying THANK YOU for not turning the spinner into a Rick's saucer ride. While I'm not entirely convinced that Pickle Rick is the best choice, especially when he already shows up in both the simulator and a restaurant, I'm glad that you didn't go with the obvious choice. Mr. Nimbus' Winery is where you lose me. It sounds like a restaurant, but it's an escape room. Couple the confusing title with the fact that Moe's Tavern is both very small and basically a facade into the counter service, we end up with a pretty bizarre and unrealistic experience. I appreciate the attempt to do something new, but I don't think this was the place for it.

Dining was a lot of fun. Like with the escape room, I'm not sure if your table service would fit in the space you put it in (Springfield is a bit tighter in Orlando than in Hollywood), but the rest of your offerings are as solid as they are bizarrely fitting for Rick and Morty.

Your shopping was pretty solid as well. I think that the stores could have been consolidated into one, but I still like the concept and liked how they complimented each other. Maybe a Citadel of Ricks store would have been more fitting?

All in all, this was a pretty solid project. Despite some space and logistical issues, I think that this was a super solid effort to bring Rick and Morty to theme parks. Great job, and great job to all of you for skirting eliminations this round!​

Mickeynerd17

As for the actual ride, I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to see just a little bit more detail and especially dialogue. I know that writing dialogue is tough, but at the end of the day it's a very rewarding exercise and will push your presentation just that much further.
Yea, I'm not the best at dialogue, but I did what I comfortably could do with the time I had. Thanks for the review!

JokersWild

Original Poster
Yea, I'm not the best at dialogue, but I did what I comfortably could do with the time I had. Thanks for the review!
I get it. Dialogue is pretty tough, especially if you're trying to emulate a known piece of media. But you should definitely try it out in the future, if you ever feel comfortable trying it. It's pretty fun, and will definitely help your writing.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Honestly, I never thought I was either. The best way to become confident with it is to just give it a genuine shot. I always thought I was awful at dialogue until I started doing it and discovered that I was actually kinda good at it, so long as I have a fairly good understanding of or familiarity with the characters I’m writing. You should give it a shot sometime!

TheOriginalTiki

I'm going to post the prompt a bit early just so it's up with plenty of time to spare and to get the ball rolling on your own individual brainstorming. Obviously we don't know who exactly will make the final five, but for those of you who do I proudly present to you...

Season 19, Semi-Finals: You're the Ringleader, Now Call the Shots
screen-shot-2019-01-30-at-1.22.58-pm.png

A big congrats to the final five for making it this far in a very competitive and intense season. For this round and this round only (final project will be a team effort between the final three) you will be competing as individuals working on five individual projects. The prompt this time is another swing at the "Greatest Hits" style Legacy project. The general goal of this project will be to take iconic concepts from the early years of the game and rework them into your own unique project using all the presentation and creative writing skills you've learned along the way.

Listed below are ten projects from the first ten seasons of the game, each one I believe to be the most memorable of their given seasons. Reservations for what your choice to work on will be happening TOMORROW AT 10AM Eastern. Please post a first choice and second choice. This is strictly first come, first serve. Please DO NOT try to reserve a project slot until I make an official post saying to do so.

Season One: Create an E-Ticket for Epcot's China Pavilion
(Based on DisneyFreak59's "Legend of the Lost Army")

Season Two: Create a Broadway adaptation of Sleeping Beauty
(Based on Jagfkb's Sleeping Beauty Musical)

Season Three: Create a Main Street Tower of Terror (Inspired by a concept by Basketbuddy)

Season Four: Create an "alternate history" version of the DCA 2.0 makeover (inspired by the famous Basketbuddy vs. KingMickey final project match-up)

Season Five: Create a Lord of the Rings River Adventure
(Inspired by the infamous semi-finals project that coined the phrase "Lord of the Rings'd")

Season Six: Create a dark ride for Disneyland's Critter Country using original characters (inspired by the project that season winner PL7764 shined the most in)

Season Seven: Create a brand new Disney "Mountain"
(Based on KingMickey's iconic winning project)

Season Eight: Create a brand new Toon Town completely free from IP barriers
(Inspired by "Mirror Disneyland")

Season Nine: Create an E Ticket based on "Lost"
(Inspired by one of the most infamously challenging semi-finals prompts of all time. If you're a Lost fan, this is for you haha)

Season Ten: Create a spiritual successor to Pirates of the Caribbean/Haunted Mansion
(Inspired by the season's semi-finals prompt)

TheOriginalTiki

@JokersWild and myself will each be hand-picking a person to move on to the final project based completely on the strength of their semi-finals projects. The jury will be voting for a third person to move on to the semi-finals, and however they vote is fair game haha ;) Good luck to the final five, this project is due Sunday, August 15th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom