So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

Outbound

1628309986637.png

1628310026846.png

This was incredibly difficult (and the judges are probably a little annoyed at how long I was going in circles in the production booth) but ultimately, I've decided to use process of elimination - I'm saving two people, both of whom worked on the show descriptions (not that roles mattered, it came down to purely Imagineering on display) - Mickeynerd and DisneyFan.

Nominees
Tegan
Priest
Sharon&Susan

Please no hard feelings, none of you really deserved to get nominated, but it was a process of elimination situation where everyone both deserved POMVP and Nominations. Rip.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Results

7th Place: @ThemeParkPriest

You were definitely a force to be reckoned with in the pre-merge and early merge portion of the game. I think the strategic stuff sort of took the wind out of your sails in a way you never really recovered from because after that moment you just never seemed as invested. With the stuff coming up in your personal life over the next couple weeks this was a pretty easy call. Overall you were a really great, multi-dimensional character this season with some awesome leadership qualities as well as a bold strategic side.

6th Place: @Tegan pilots a chicken

Yea, I bet literally nobody saw this coming haha. Tegan, is was an insanely hard call between you and @Sharon&Susan. I think your biggest strength lies in your leadership and team work, whereas with the latter their biggest strength lies in the individual project contributions. With that in mind, and because I've noticed your activity slipping lately I'm guessing due to you also diving into It Could Always Be Worse, I just slightly leaned the scale in Sharon&Susan's direction based mostly on the fact that post-merge she's put out a bit more memorable content. Again, SUPER hard choice and the amount of times you were nominated as a threat no doubt proves how much of a powerhouse you are.

And that leaves us with the Final Five

@DisneyFan18 - EASILY the biggest surprise of the cast. You've really come into your own this season and are on a hot streak post merge. Amid more iconic names you've managed to stand out big time.

@Mickeynerd17 - Probably the "Fan Favorite" of the season. You've had an awesome redemption arc after your memorably messy turn on 1986 really proving yourself as a rock solid team player with a great creative streak.

@NateD1226 - Once again you're the resident ninja of the semifinals. While you haven't stuck out as much as the others here, you've remained very consistent in keeping off people's radars and always providing quality work.

@Outbound - I think at this point between your strategy and creative game plus dominant leadership it's safe to say you're the Overcat yet again. Can you manage to bring it in for the the win this time around?

@Sharon&Susan - The resident "Super Mario" of the group. You're not the most flashy of the bunch, but out of the five you might just be the most overall well rounded. A total machine of consistent creative output.

As a reminder, sign-ups for the seminfinals prompts will be happening tomorrow at 10AM Eastern/7AM Pacific. Upon opening the final Walt's Vault, @Sharon&Susan has been "Lord of the Rings'd" and must theme their project around the animated Ralph Bashki version of Lord of the Rings (you can also use the Rankin Bass Hobbit and Return of the King films if you wish)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I definitely wasn’t ready to go out, but I understand the decision entirely. Everyone played so well, and everyone deserves to be there! Congrats to the Final Five.

I am definitely aware that I had been a little less productive the last couple of rounds. That hasn’t been due to participating in multiple comps, it’s mostly been due to my work schedule becoming absolutely insane as of late. Which of course I’m ultimately thankful for, but that has resulted in me not being able to have as much time and energy leftover.

And just to be totally honest, the last few prompts haven’t been very inspiring to me. The semi-finals look really interesting though and I wish I was joining the rest of you there.

But congrats to @NateD1226 @DisneyFan18 @Outbound @Sharon&Susan and @Mickeynerd17 for making the final five! I can’t wait to see what you all do next!

Thanks @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild for hosting!

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

And just to be totally honest, the last few prompts haven’t been very inspiring to me.
Yea, that's both Jokers and I's fault haha. I was super into the Rick and Morty prompt while Jokers insisted on the landmark one. In the end I don't think either lent themselves the best to a freeform creative team atmosphere. Very sorry to see you go. You're definitely a class act! :)

DisneyFan18

I definitely wasn’t ready to go out, but I understand the decision entirely. Everyone played so well, and everyone deserves to be there! Congrats to the Final Five.

I am definitely aware that I had been a little less productive the last couple of rounds. That hasn’t been due to participating in multiple comps, it’s mostly been due to my work schedule become absolutely insane as of late. Which of course I’m ultimately thankful for, but that has resulted in me not being able to have as much time and energy leftover.

And just to be totally honest, the last few prompts haven’t been very inspiring to me. The semi-finals look really interesting though and I wish I was joining the rest of you there.

But congrats to @NateD1226 @DisneyFan18 @Outbound @Sharon&Susan and @Mickeynerd17 for making the final five! I can’t wait to see what you all do next!

You’re an amazing person Tegan, I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to work with you and to meet you. I hope that we can keep interacting and coming up with crazy ideas together.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Yea, that's both Jokers and I's fault haha. I was super into the Rick and Morty prompt while Jokers insisted on the landmark one. In the end I don't think either lent themselves the best to a freeform creative team atmosphere. Very sorry to see you go. You're definitely a class act! :)
Hey it’s okay! This game offers a lot of very unique prompts and they aren’t all going to be everyone’s cup of tea. I just happened to get smacked with them at the wrong time lol. Thank you again, Tiki!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
You’re an amazing person Tegan, I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to work with you and to meet you. I hope that we can keep interacting and coming up with crazy ideas together.
You are absolutely wonderful, DisFan!! It’s been an absolute joy working with you, and I’m so proud of you for making it this far!

I’m not going ANYWHERE so plenty of more chances to create crazy ideas together! Thank you for the kind words and for being an awesome teammate

TheOriginalTiki

Two questions Tiki about being Lord of the Rings'd:
1. Does the ride have to follow the story of the Bakshi LOTR or can I create an original story using the characters and settings?
2. Can I make it a crossover?
1. As long as you feature the Bashki LOTR IP, anything is fair game. You know me, I'd prefer it NOT be a book report.
2. Absolutely as long as the Rankin/Bass Hobbit and Return of the King are the only thing you're crossing over with.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Just wanted to pop in and say that I’m sorry to see you go, @ThemeParkPriest and @Tegan pilots a chicken. You guys played a pretty stellar game and it was a really tough decision deciding who would go home.

I’m on a trip for the next few days so it’ll be a bit before I get reviews out and update the first post. Watching your brainstorming thread, this seems like a really interesting project and I’m very excited to sit down and properly read it.

Also, big congrats to the final five. You’ve all put in a ton of work and more than deserve making it this far.

Mickeynerd17

I am definitely aware that I had been a little less productive the last couple of rounds. That hasn’t been due to participating in multiple comps, it’s mostly been due to my work schedule becoming absolutely insane as of late. Which of course I’m ultimately thankful for, but that has resulted in me not being able to have as much time and energy leftover.

You've been an absolute pleasure to work with! I've always seen your enthusiasm in the chat, and it really helped propel the team throughout the season. I still remember times on Team Ringling earlier this season when the chat was completely silent for almost an entire day, but when we merged, you constantly had the chat revved up with your smart ideas and witty humor.

Although I did nominate you for strategic reasons, it was purely out of respect for you work ethic and stellar ideas. Thanks for not taking that seriously, because me from 1986 would've handled that horribly (and I did, which resulted in my messy end there.)

Thanks for being so positive and uplifting to the cast, and I hope to work with you in the future!!

As for TPP, you're an excellent player to work with and I've enjoyed being with you throughout the competition (we were both on Team Ringling the entire time). You've definitely made your mark on this competition and been a positive influence this season. It truly was an honor to work with you and I really hope to do so again in the near future!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
You've been an absolute pleasure to work with! I've always seen your enthusiasm in the chat, and it really helped propel the team throughout the season. I still remember times on Team Ringling earlier this season when the chat was completely silent for almost an entire day, but when we merged, you constantly had the chat revved up with your smart ideas and witty humor.

Although I did nominate you for strategic reasons, it was purely out of respect for you work ethic and stellar ideas. Thanks for not taking that seriously, because me from 1986 would've handled that horribly (and I did, which resulted in my messy end there.)

Thanks for being so positive and uplifting to the cast, and I hope to work with you in the future!!

As for TPP, you're an excellent player to work with and I've enjoyed being with you throughout the competition (we were both on Team Ringling the entire time). You've definitely made your mark on this competition and been a positive influence this season. It truly was an honor to work with you and I really hope to do so again in the near future!
Awww!! Omg!! Mick!! Thank you so much!!
This warmed my heart tremendously!!

I have seen incredible growth in you as a player over the last two competitions. You have broken out of your shell creatively in so many ways and it’s wonderful to see! Keep it up! You’re doing amazing and you’ve truly earned your place in the semi-finals!

It has been so much fun working with you and I wish you the best of luck over the last two rounds!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom