So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

NateD1226

NateD1226 Variant #198 Presents...
Timeline Takeover: DCA Edition

1629066938138.png

HUNTER B-15
Good morning, Agent Mobius

MOBIUS
Good morning, Hunter B-15. How’s the timeline looking?

HUNTER B-15
Looks pretty solid. We had to deal with one variant earlier. They were trying to stop a new version of Epcot, a Disney theme park, from being built.

MOBIUS
Well, that is something you don’t see every day.

All of a sudden, sirens ring, and TVA agents start to rush everywhere.

MOBIUS
What’s going on?

HUNTER B-15
It looks like a variant just altered another Disney theme park!

MOBIUS
Again? Are you serious?

HUNTER B-15
When do I ever joke around?

Hunter B-15 opens a time portal and enters. Mobius follows.

MOBIUS
Sure is hot over here.

HUNTER B-15
That is because we are in California, sir. Disney’s California Adventure to be exact.

The two find themselves standing next to the Walt and Mickey statue.

MOBIUS
This looks like a fun place for a vacation. There are some redwoods over there, a nice grizzly statue made of a rock, and even a whole Muppets-

HUNTER B-15
There is the variant!

The variant is dressed in purple with a white flower embroidered on his attire. The variant is running fast throughout the park, but when he reaches Paradise Pier, he trips and falls allowing Hunter B-15 to capture him.

HUNTER B-15
Got you!

Mobius catches up while panting really hard

MOBIUS
Nice...work.

HUNTER B-15
Looks like it’s another NateD1226 variant.

MOBIUS
Alright, let’s reset this place and head back to the TVA to get him pruned.

NATED1226
Pruned?!?! What the f^(|< is that?!

MOBIUS
You’ll see.

Take a look around the newly revamped Disney's California Adventure before it gets reset

1629067006680.png

TheOriginalTiki

Really looking forward to seeing everyone's projects tonight. Feedback will be posted privately to each of the final five to keep the suspense on how your project is stacking up compared to everyone else's. All jury members must send me their TOP THREE picks via your production booth PM by 8PM Eastern tomorrow night. Final Three reveal will be happening live tomorrow at 9PM Eastern.​

Outbound

LostLogo.png

SYSTEM ERROR

SYSTEM ERROR

PLEASE INPUT THE NUMERICAL CODE BELOW

For my semifinal, I wanted to do something crazy. My prompt choice was already risky, so I decided to go all out by

First, however, this consisted of binge-watching LOST, which I had watched in its entire four years ago, but wanted a brief recap. To do this, I watched every season premiere and finale (twelve episodes total) to get a reminder of the show. Despite severely cutting from my time to work on the project itself, I found this "brainstorming" period remarkably helpful as it gravitated to me to what I've found the most interesting part of LOST (and that's saying something, for a show that transitions from castaways surviving a plane crash to time travel to mythical good vs evil) -- the elusive, at times idyllic, at other times sinister, DHARMA Initiative.

For those who've watched the show, there's something so weird about the DHARMA Initative. It feels like EPCOT or Horizons come true, only to reveal all the strange, at times disturbing realities of the aforementioned concepts. Hence, my idea to do a creepy Tomorrowland PeopleMover.

It was also around then when I realized a ride set during or directly connected to the LOST TV Show wouldn't work. There are just too many characters and plots to keep track of. Casual fans would have no idea what's going on. But I also didn’t want to abandon these critical LOST concepts that fans would be wanting to see. I think I found the perfect compromise with the DHARMA Scanners. Scan at certain points to receive 10 second video cameos of characters from show on each PeopleMover’s seat personal screen. Each character references events from the show that build to the general story of this half sequel half standalone story. Fans will love it and general park goers won’t be overly confused.

Instead this is a stand-alone story set after the show. In a secret ending we can see Hurley and Ben in charge of the Island, as the show’s finale showed, but this secret ending is only awarded to those who remember to push the button. It’s intended for first time riders to generally get the main ending, while LOST fans get the secret ending.

Why is DHARMA back? Tbh I have no idea. It could be new funders, maybe a past villains from the show seeking revenge or an entirely new threat. Maybe it’s run by some wayward computer from the 70s glitching out and acting like the Initiative never died. Or maybe DHARMA never left all along! Given the source material, in LOST anything is really possible.

The last point I’d like to make is the presentation format. The glitched creepy writing is not audio from the ride, it’s the ride explained from the perspective of the creepy pre show host. For this project, I wanted to push the envelope by playing with perspective. By moving away from the standard omniscient, neutral “Imagineering” tone, hopefully I’ve made for a more unique and engaging reading.

To everyone who’s read this or the project, thank you so much! This season has been amazing, and if this my last project I’m happy to go out swinging. This project takes risks, but I stand by everything I’ve done. Thank you judges and fellow players!

DisneyFan18

ToonTown

map.png

On an alternate universe, where an alternate version of a Disney Castle Park was built, an idea was born. A land dedicated to the mouse who started it all. A land to honor Walt’s legacy over the animation industry as well as celebrate what came after.

Welcome to the most animated place on Earth. Welcome to ToonTown. The place where your favorite animated characters come to life and live together. At ToonTown, you’ll be able to take a tour through The Town Square where your favorite characters gather around to socialize. Then, there’s The Neighborhood where they’ll invite to their houses to have a cup of tea and a chat. And finally, there’s The Outskirts, the perfect place to relax and enjoy a sunny day.
THE OUTSKIRTS

1629075190951.png

POOH'S HONEY POTS

At The Outskirts, the guests will also be able to enjoy a spinning teacup ride themed to honey pots. There will also be a pot full of honey in the center that includes a Pooh figurine with limited movement, it will spin around the guests. Pooh will make comments throughout the 4 minutes experience about how delicious is the honey, how much fun he’s having spinning around, and eventually getting dizzy and how wished he could stop himself from eating more honey.​

HUNDRED ACRE TREE PLAYGROUND

One of the experiences created with the young ones in mind is the Hundred Acre Tree Playground. The kids will be able to play around a small area that includes figurines of the characters from the Winnie Pooh franchise. Some of the experience in the playground include a slide into Rabbit’s home, and a moving bridge on the path to Eeyore’s house.​

1629075297246.png

THE MUSEUM OF THE WEIRD

Years after the summer that changed their lives forever, Mabel and Dipper Pines decided to open a museum where they can showcase objects from their various adventures. Throughout the queue those objects will be present, some of them are references to other Disney TVA shows, including Owlbert from The Owl House.

After the queue, the guests will enter the showroom, there are 6 rows of seats with limited motion simulation and a purple curtain in front of them. Behind the curtain, there’s a screen where the show will play. The show will feature the twins presenting to the guests their newest discovery: The Box of Cypher. Once they open it, Jill Cypher is freed, she’s like Bill, except she’s a sphere instead of a pyramid. She reveals that she was captured by her brother because he was jealous of her brilliance and wanted all of the glory for himself. And now it’s up to the guests, Dipper and Mabel to find a way to get her back into the box before she finds a way to break the magic cancellation runes in the stage and escape the room.​

THE MYSTERY SHACK

After the show, the guests will be walked into the Mystery Shack, which has been repurposed into a Gift Shop. There the guests will be able to find merchandise inspired by Gravity Falls as well as the attraction, like a mug featuring grown up Mabel and Dipper running with The Box of Cypher.
1629075700788.png

FANTASIA PALACE
Near Escape from Bald Mountain with Mickey and Minnie, you’ll be able to find Fantasia Palace. The buffet will offer food inspired by French and Italian Cuisine. The walls and roof will be translucent, simulating that the building is covered by a crystal dome. The guests have view of the mountain as well as of a beautiful pond that has animatronic unicorns on it.​

ESCAPE FROM BALD MOUNTAIN WITH MINNIE AND MICKEY

Mickey and Minnie had planned the perfect date: a hike, a picnic at the top of the mountain and looking at the stars together. However, they didn’t take into account that Bald Mountain might be more than what meets the eye. And now it’s up to them to find a way out of the cursed mountain before it’s too late.

The family friendly steel roller coaster will take guests on a Fantasia inspired journey mixed with the shenanigans expected from the modern Mickey Mouse shorts. Animatronics of Mickey and Minnie will be located at strategic points of the coaster. There will also be a gigantic Chernabog animatronic that guests will encounter at the climax of the attraction.

The queue is themed to Fantasia Gardens, a beautiful floral maze where guests will get the chance to encounter beautiful mythical creatures like unicorns and centaurs. Then, their journey begins as they begin ascending the mountain alongside Mickey and Minnie, they’ll quickly realize the mistake they made as the beautiful springtime backdrop quickly dies and becomes something more sinister. Most of the coaster will take place within the mountain as Mickey, Minnie and the guests are being chased by Chernabog and his minions through the rocky environment, where the only source of light are lava streams as well as some crystalline minerals.
THE TOWN SQUARE
1629076097966.png

THE HOUSE OF MOUSE

The House of Mouse is a table service character dining venue located at The Town Square. An Animatronic Show will play every 30 mins, there are 5 different shows that play in a cycle, so no guest should experience the same show during their dining experience. The food offered in this dining venue is classic American food like Hamburgers, Mac and Cheese, Barbecue Ribs, Filet Mignon, and more. Some of the characters that will be present are Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.​

STEAMBOAT BAKERY

Many years ago, when Toon Town was founded, Steamboat Willie decided to anchor on land, and use his boat to build a bakery, which is still run by his descendants. At the bakery, the guests will be able to buy Mickey shaped Donuts, cupcakes themed — flavor and design wise — to fan favorite animated characters, Oswald shaped chocolate cookies, and more.​

VON DRAKE'S GIZMOS AND GADGETS

Ludwig Von Drake has opened a store at The Town Square where guests will be able to buy some of his newest inventions like the Holdinator of Coffee, which absolutely isn’t a cup of coffee with his face painted on it. Fine, he’s on an invention block, but he is hoping that his shop will help him come up with the next big thing. An animatronic version of the fan favorite inventor will be present in the shop, so guests can interact with him and he’ll respond to almost any inquiry with some Imagineering magic.​

1629076465992.png

OSWALD & ROGER RABBIT'S GRAND CASE

Clarabelle Cow, the mayor of Toon Town, has mysteriously disappeared. And it’s up to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Roger Rabbit to find her. So hop onto Benny the Cab and look for clues throughout the city. There will be a lot of Easter Eggs as guests visit different locations at ToonTown. For example, they’ll visit an Aquarium, where guests will encounter Ariel and Flounder. Another fun location that the guests will visit is an abandoned fashion factory, where Cruella de Vil is working on a dress that seems to be made from cow skin, but don’t worry, it was artificial.

Oswald & Roger Rabbit’s Grand Case will be Trackless Dark Ride, and it will use the 2 1/2 D technology developed for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway to offer a dynamic and chaotic storytelling. The queue will be themed to Toon Town’s Town Hall, where you’ll meet with Oswald and Roger Rabbit. Before the ride begins, there will be a short pre-show where they’ll let you know that Clarabelle has gone missing and they need their help to gather clues.

As guests move along the ride, they’ll be obtaining hints about the whereabouts of Clarabelle. However, there will be some misdirects throughout the ride, like the previously mentioned Cruella one. Nevertheless, by the end, it will be revealed that Mortimer Mouse was behind her disappearance. He wanted to make Clarabelle look like a bad mayor, so he could win the upcoming elections against her.
PETE'S TOWING SERVICE

Looks like you got distracted while driving and caused a massive vehicle crash at The Town Square. But don’t worry, Pete and his goons will tow the vehicles to fix the situation for a reasonable price. This chaotic Whip Ride will unscramble the mess and get the guests to safety, for the right price, clearly.​

THE NEIGHBORHOOD

1629077477531.png

DONALD'S BOAT RENTAL

Looking for the splash of your life? Visit Donald’s Boat Rental and go for a spin. It’s gonna be a quack! This innovative Water Trackless Flat Ride is fun for all ages and a one of a kind experience as the guests circle around a small body of water, inevitably crashing against each other.​
GOOFY'S FLYING ACADEMY

Wanna learn how to fly an airplane? Visit Goofy’s Flying Academy. He might not be the best teacher — or at flying — but he’ll do his best to make sure you have a great time. This spinner ride includes vertical and horizontal tilting to add some fun thrills for the whole family.
1629077095439.png

DUCKTALES: CURSE OF THE BLOT
Enter the McDuck Manor and join Scrooge along his nephews and Rosita into their newest adventure. As Scrooge McDuck was trying to expand his underground vault, he found a network of interconnected tunnels underneath his house, and the guests have been invited to explore them.

The queue takes place on the tunnels that are filled with hieroglyphics and torches. Then guests will arrive at the pre-show, where it will be revealed that many years ago Mickey Mouse alongside Yen Sid worked together to trap an ancient creature born from despair known as The Blob. However, Louie Duck accidentally unleashes it and now the guests and the Duck family must travel through the sewers of Toon Town to recapture it.

The boat ride will be filled with fun thrills that go from small drops to the uncertainty of the path that the boat is following. On occasions seemingly dead ends will be encountered or there might be multiple paths ahead. Nevertheless, one thing’s for sure, the battle against The Blob will be one of the most jaw dropping set pieces the guests will experience at any Disney Park.​

M&G EXPERIENCES
At The Neighborhood, the guests will be able take pictures and interact with Mickey and his friends. Mickey Mouse will welcome guests into his garden, where he’s trying to make Pluto stop biting his petunias. Meanwhile, Minnie Mouse will be at her garage, as she works on fixing her car. Other M&G Experiences include Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Oswald, Chip and Dale.​

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd like to just give some brief feedback if I can for the semi-finalists

This round is hard to compare between projects. While some are building out fictional Toontowns, or revamping entire parks, others are working with a singular IP, or having to expand a World Showcase pavilion! Therefore comparing stuff like detail between projects is tough to do considering each project requires its own unique length. Nevertheless I just wanted to commend everyone for a valiant effort and continued evolution of this imagineering community! So I will be focused on that as well in the reviews, in addition to the projects

@Sharon&Susan
I think the Lord of the Rings'd project was one of the most challenging to do, so all the credit there. A theater show was definitely a cool spin on this project. I would have loved to read more about the show, especially considering I know so little about LotR, but nevertheless, I think you put together a solid proposal here. In regards to your continued growth as a prominent imagineer, going all the way back to last season in SYWTBAI 18, SA7, winning a One Sentence Competition, all the way up until now you're one of the best team players this community has to offer. You're always engaged, supportive of others, and all around a pleasure to work with, and against. I always enjoy reading your contributions and hope to work with you again in the future!

@NateD1226
Picking to revamp DCA was probably your best bet, considering you seemed up to the brim with ideas and suggestions for how to improve the park. I love how much detail you put into this revamp however as I was saying before, for someone with one attraction as their project, it's not fair to compare the detail in this one to them. So I will be just focusing on your own contributions vs someone else in that department. But overall I love the color schemes, I really enjoyed the Loki intro and it seems like you had a blast with this project. That's awesome to see because I feel like you especially have truly grown in this competition. You were always a formidable imagineer, but something about this game you took it to the next level, and going forward I hope to see this level of enthusiasm as who knows you may just end up winning this whole thing or at the very least win a competition in the near future.

@Outbound
Having known nothing about Lost, I'll assume that everything is up to par in regards to the realism of the show, and instead focus on the presentation here which I think truly puts it over the edge as one of the best projects in this bunch. The illustrations, map work, color coordination, all present the reader with something engaging that despite my disinterest in the show, keeps me continuing to scroll through the slides. Very well done!

In regards to your overall contributions to the game you have consistently been one of the most active players in the community let alone this game. Many of the fond memories of recent projects wouldn't be possible without your contributions as they laid the groundwork for some of the memorable visuals and concepts in the past. After being the runner up last season, especially in this game, it's extremely difficult to get back to essentially the same place again in consecutive seasons, so that is an accomplishment in and of itself and I'm such Tiki and Jokers can attest to that given all the potential in-game roadblocks, imagineering fatigue, etc that can set in over the course of consecutive seasons. So that above all else is truly remarkable.

@DisneyFan18
I think out of everyone in the cast you were my favorite returning player to the community - we missed you! And sure enough you came back with everything you had! You put forth a very unique Toontown project and overall throughout the season was one of the most active players if not the most throughout even some of the more challenging projects such as the lightning round ones.

In the end you will be remembered (at least by me) for being the 'comeback player of the year' - you really didn't miss a beat and I was trying to think back I don't think you've played in one of these bigger games in a a couple years? So it's such a thrill to see you back!

@Mickeynerd17
Your attraction reading through it was definitely something you put a lot of effort into and truly wanted to make your mark in this competition in hopes of cementing a finalist spot. Overall while there are certain things I could nitpick about the theme of the attraction and its placement, this is not the place to do that as I think this was one of the best displays of what you can accomplish if you have the opportunity to dedicate yourself to your imagineering craft.

What you did in this project combining the Minecraft illustrations, with the music, with the original backstory I think is a project that will be remembered in this game for many seasons to come. I think if future players are looking for a project to try and strive towards, this would be up there as one of those. The creativity and detail put into the attraction, and care/consideration for each component of the attraction makes for a well-put together presentation and an impressive display of passion above all else.

In this game, I think after the strategy aspects faded, you really impressed me with how much you flipped the switch into creative mode. You took the challenge set in front of you and ran with it, especially in this project. Whatever happens moving forward, as I don't want to assume one way or the other, I think you should be extremely proud of this valiant effort, as this shows what you're capable of when you put your mind to it.

Congrats to all, thanks for making another season of imagineering special, and good luck in the voting process to the finals!

Outbound

In regards to your overall contributions to the game you have consistently been one of the most active players in the community let alone this game. Many of the fond memories of recent projects wouldn't be possible without your contributions as they laid the groundwork for some of the memorable visuals and concepts in the past. After being the runner up last season, especially in this game, it's extremely difficult to get back to essentially the same place again in consecutive seasons, so that is an accomplishment in and of itself and I'm such Tiki and Jokers can attest to that given all the potential in-game roadblocks, imagineering fatigue, etc that can set in over the course of consecutive seasons. So that above all else is truly remarkable.
Yea, this week was something. First I binged all the Lost episodes, then I wrote the project, while I was also playing in ICAWB and juggling team contribution in two separate rounds. And this all happened the week I moved into college. So for the first half of the week I was super busy packing and saying farewell. Then I lost a day driving up to the Bay. Then for the second half I was super busy getting acquainted and meeting new people.

Somehow I maintained a social life by only working on the project in bed after the lights went out, which was after 1 both nights. I seriously don’t understand how I pulled this off. On the bright side I’ll have much more availability next round, should I advance to the finals.

ThemeParkPriest

This round is hard to compare between projects.
Very much agreed! Jokers and Tiki have some difficult decisions to make. As a jury member, I’m taking the semifinal projects into consideration but also evaluating quality of work to date, leadership (especially when Project Leader), and each player’s social game. Everyone has made a good case for why they should be in the final 3!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom