So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

NateD1226

I'm still waiting on @NateD1226 to come over and collect my cats.
On my way!

C598562E-092B-4FAA-852F-0A6143E6BDAD.gif

DashHaber

Universal Studios Japan could be gaining a Pokémon ride through a retheme of their Spider Man ride:
...Okay, I did some thinking, and I think you could still do this as a Pokemon Snap ride.

That page suggests you'd use the AR tech as a way to "throw" berries or power-ups to Pokemon. What if the AR tech is instead a way to take pictures of these Pokemon? The queue could set up the AR visors as being helmet cameras, with a Shutter button in the ride vehicle being what guests press to take a picture. Plus, AR would be an easier way to get in a big variety of Pokemon without the cost of building a lot of animatronics in the existing building.

tcool123

Yes. I was just saying that the whole reservation system and such adds complexity to the already immense process.
Honestly since Fastpass is now dead, and there’s not really that many things to structure planning a trip is way easier. Sure there’s reserving restaurants but now its just a two month in advance versus half a year, and on top of that a bunch of place have digital walk up availability on the app u like before. And mobile ordering is also such a convenient thing! It could just be me but Disney planning wise feels a whole lot easier now than ever.

D Hulk

Honestly since Fastpass is now dead, and there’s not really that many things to structure planning a trip is way easier. Sure there’s reserving restaurants but now its just a two month in advance versus half a year, and on top of that a bunch of place have digital walk up availability on the app u like before. And mobile ordering is also such a convenient thing! It could just be me but Disney planning wise feels a whole lot easier now than ever.
FastPass died?! :D That’s the best thing I’ve ever heard!

Do your road trip in October when Tegan is there too 🤷‍♀️🥂
I got invited to reapply to the college program since my program was cancelled last year before it started... So, if you wait till after mid-September I might be there too! *fingers crossed*

@D Hulk your road trip sounds incredible!
October it is then. I would greatly appreciate the perspective of folks who’ve been there before and are comfortable there. (Hulk can then return that favor with Anaheim or Japan.)

October gives Hulk much more time to determine if road tripping it is feasible. I’d far prefer that because of the freedom it offers (researching Orlando transportation this morning infuriated me, and then I passed out from food poisoning). Then we could all crash at Pi’s place!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom