So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

mickeyfan5534

Ooooh, I'm definitely expecting a sassy trip report about this!!
Oh, y'all wanted a sassy trip report eh? C'mon SYWTBAI, let's get trippening!
Rupauls Drag Race Reality Tv GIF

So
Day 1: Uni
Really fun, as always. Different vibe from WDW but the quality is there. I miss the campy masterpiece that is Poseidon's Fury. I frankly think City Walk is a better entertainment district than Disney Springs. It's got a much more vibrant and exciting vibe.
Velocicoaster is outstanding and a must-do if you like coasters. Less intense feeling than Hulk but a lot more thrilling and fun. Possibly one of, if not the, best coasters in the US (maybe even the world). I wish we got more Jurrasic rides like this where the park is operating as it is supposed to and nothing is going wrong.
Kong is... a ride. The bug scene is something out of my nightmares and the dino fight gave me motion sickness. The queue and Kong AA are amazing but idk if I'd go on it again. UO has ET. If they get rid of it, we riot.
UOR is just a really solid resort overall. Parts of it (especially in IOA) reach the heights of DAK and TDS but other parts match up to the best Fun Spot has to offer.

Day 2: Epcot
A somewhat rainy day led to lower crowds. Epcot is always a park that I just enjoy soaking up the atmosphere in. Especially later in the day when people have indulged a bit too much. Overall, nothing too special but a solid bit of fun overall.

Day 3: DAK
This park just gets better the more I visit. The animal trails and the theming alone make this a great park. Navi River is a wonderful C-ticket with genuinely cool effects and strong interaction between physical sets and screens. I will die on that hill. Kilimanjaro Safari is always a delight, as is Everest and Dinosaur. FOTLK is back and, while it's cut down for obvious reasons, it's still a delight and an outstanding show all the same. Tiffins is one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW.
Keep the character boats. They don't interrupt the flow of the park and they make for a really fun surprise more than just lining up for a hug and shove M&G.

Day 4: MK
Happily Ever After is a masterpiece and I'm overjoyed that it is back. Cavalcades never cease to be a fun, unexpected bit of magic for the park and I hope they stick around once FOF and M&Gs return. I do wish that they started bringing in the selfie spots that Disneyland and Disneyland Paris have been doing but staffing is already not at its peak atm so I understand why. Overall, a nice day that included a bit of people watching on the Liberty Square bridge, some rides, some cavalcades, a lovely birthday dinner at Skipper Canteen, and a spectacular finale with Happily Ever After.

Day 5: Disney Springs and Home
Lunch at D-Luxe Burger, lil bit of shopping, a genuine thought about parking over at Uni for one more ride on Velocicoaster, and a supposed to be 4-hour drive home that actually took 6 hours because traffic.

tcool123

At least I got good material for if I ever go into stand-up.

Though speaking of bad trips:

Question of the Week
What was the worst trip/vacation that you ever did?
Atlanta, 2012.

The whole reason we went up was for a baseball tournament my brother was competing in; I hate baseball so naturally I was bored out of my mind watching baseball for five days straight from sunrise to sunset. That alone isn’t that bad BUT the situation worsens once you look into it.

Given we live in Miami the drive was about 10 hours north, but we managed to take 16 hours! You may wonder how it took so long well we decided to carpool with three other families split between two cars, and no we did not all fit in the seats allotted. I went in a mom car with my mom, but the car was full with no seat for myself. We brought out a milk crate attached a pillow to it, and voila I had my seat! For all 16 hours…so not a great experience. Back to the 16 hours given we carpooled with so many people it came to be that we had to stop a lot and very often, roughly about every 2 hours as someone would get hungry quite often.

After finally arriving to Atlanta we found out we went during a record breaking week, our trip occurred the same week that Atlanta had its hottest day ever. Since baseball is entirely outdoors we really did feel that lovely 106 degrees along with the other insanely hot days that surrounded it. The temperature itself wasn’t the worst thing about that trip, just a part of it.

The worse thing was my father who at the time was recently diagnosed with Diabetes, and really didn’t know all the ins and outs of the new conditions. Well he didn’t exactly take care of himself that trip specifically his feet. We said to go to the hospital but he refused until we returned home. His refusal to get anything checked out allowed an infection to grow that saw all his toes get amputated, had he waited it out any longer he likely would have been killed by the infection

Bright side? He used it to prank my brother’s friend once who was driving a golf cart and accidentally ran over his shoe. My dad started wailing as if he was actually affected by it, but of course there was nothing there!

D Hulk

Not Bad Necessarily But Since It’s The Only Thing Of Note From A Trip Past, I Got “Evacuated“ From Splash Mountain Once​
Hulk once evacuated the log flume at Knoebels. It was awesome! There was a log jam following the final plunge, so we straight up crashed at full speed into the log ahead of us :D - which was itself #10 in an ongoing cascade crash of every single log on the ride. So glorious!

Is it weird that I love Knoebels even more because of this?! They gave us all free ride tickets to assuage any whiplash or litigiousness, I used it to reride Phoenix, and all was right with the world. Knoebels is the best!​

Orange Cat

Hulk once evacuated the log flume at Knoebels. It was awesome! There was a log jam following the final plunge, so we straight up crashed at full speed into the log ahead of us :D - which was itself #10 in an ongoing cascade crash of every single log on the ride. So glorious!

Is it weird that I love Knoebels even more because of this?! They gave us all free ride tickets to assuage any whiplash or litigiousness, I used it to reride Phoenix, and all was right with the world. Knoebels is the best!​
Cooool?

tcool123

Not Bad Necessarily But Since It’s The Only Thing Of Note From A Trip Past, I Got “Evacuated“ From Splash Mountain Once​
I was evacuated from Transformers over at Universal, but it wasn't as cool as it would seem. We were in the last room anyways so the screens turned off, and the elevator took us down to the first floor. We just got off and walked a bit to the regular exit, but hey we got an express pass for any ride open during Horror Nights. I believe we used it for either Mummy or Gringotts.

tcool123

The "not Pro" Pro version of the Switch was announced today!

Aesthetically it looks amazing for Metroid: Dread! Will likely pick it up as my Switch's microSD card slot has been damaged, and refuses to read anything anymore. Has caused a bit of a headache with storage, and since I've had it since Day One the warranty has expired so I'd have to pay a bit to get it fixed either way. The OLED version of the Switch will definitely be on my Christmas wish list!

Orange Cat

Aesthetically it looks amazing for Metroid: Dread! Will likely pick it up as my Switch's microSD card slot has been damaged, and refuses to read anything anymore. Has caused a bit of a headache with storage, and since I've had it since Day One the warranty has expired so I'd have to pay a bit to get it fixed either way. The OLED version of the Switch will definitely be on my Christmas wish list!

I personally hate this because Nintendo proved me wrong when I said there wasn’t gonna be a Switch Pro. Wait… this isn’t CALLED the Switch Pro, I’M STILL RIGHT

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

The screen is nice. Storage upgrade is much needed. The kickstand looks nice, and it should be better than the current one, which is so flimsy that it falls off whenever I try to use it.

Disappointed that there’s still no 4K support, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom