So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

Evilgidgit

I'm not even participating, but I want to join in with this QotD!

Excalibur: Legends of Camelot -- An animated sequel series to The Sword in the Stone, following Arthur, Merlin, and Archimedes as Arthur slowly learns to adapt and become the mythical king. I could see this being a long lasting series, introducing a lot of figures from Arthurian legends like Guinevere, Lancelot, Morgan le Fay, and Mordred. Madam Mim could start off as a badguy, or appear as a Discord-like character in the show. I doubt Disney would entirely throw history and kill Arthur, but I'd have the show grow a little darker and ambitious as the show goes on and as Arthur grows up. Its tone would be somewhere between Gummi Bears and Gargoyles.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
speaking of phineas and ferb, what did you guys think of my dan povenmire and jeff "swampy"marsh "adult" cartoon idea? it wouldn't be too adult, but more along the lines of the Simpsons. I think they would do wonders with that format. they made phineas and milo murphy in case you didn't know.
It would be cool! I never felt like they were really held back from what they wanted to do in the original, but I'm all for more PG-13 audience animation.

QotD: Pitch a Disney+ series. Connected to a pre-existing IP? Original story? Adaptation of a story Disney hasn't retold before? Let's hear it.

Kingdom Hearts would make a good series ONLY if no one involved in the game's helps out. I love them and I love the story, but they have some terrible stroytelling in basically every game past the original. A tv series could be a great chance to tell that great story in a really cool way!

I'd love more sitcoms for the streaming service as that is the big thing it is missing compared to Netflix and Hulu in my mind.

• An Office style workplace sitcom set in the MCU like that Damage Control sitcom that was rumored.
  • Maybe a MASH style sitcom with occasional more dramatic moments about soldiers in the Rebel Alliance goofing off between fights against the Empire.
  • Get the creators of Galavant back for another musical sitcom with a similar tone because I think it would be way more successful on Disney+ than on ABC.
  • Disney has a great creative relationship right now with Ron Howard and the Russos, maybe have the dream team behind Arrested Development develop a new comedy series for Disney+. Heck, try to get Dan Harmon in the mix for some of the Community magic too.
  • A 30 Rock inspired Muppets sitcom aimed at an adult audience was a great idea, maybe do better at executing that and never imply Miss Piggy sleeping with human men ever again.
  • A sitcom set in the Roger Rabbit universe about the making of some new movie. A lot of old school Hollywood and old school animation in jokes. Could also see this working as more of a Scorsese Jr kind of dramatic series instead of a sitcom.
  • I don't know exactly how rights work for these, but revivals and remakes of old ABC sitcoms could be great. A new Bewitched, bring back the Drew Carrey Show, Better of Ted Revival! Lot of great options!
Beyond that, young adult fantasy/sci-fi is a smart route to go. PErcy Jackson is great that they're finally doing it. Artemis Fowl will be a great fit assuming the movie isn't too terrible. Maybe Animorphs could be another series they could look into. Or an adaptation of the Young Jack Sparrow books. If they weren't rendered non-canon by 7,8,9 I would've said Young Jedi Knights as a fun Star Wars EU adaptation.

Lastly, a Haunted Mansion anthology series that is somewhere between Twilight Zone and Goosebumps. Each episode telling the story of different resident of the mansion or a different cursed on unusual object found within.

NigelChanning

It would be cool! I never felt like they were really held back from what they wanted to do in the original, but I'm all for more PG-13 audience animation.

Kingdom Hearts would make a good series ONLY if no one involved in the game's helps out. I love them and I love the story, but they have some terrible stroytelling in basically every game past the original. A tv series could be a great chance to tell that great story in a really cool way!

I'd love more sitcoms for the streaming service as that is the big thing it is missing compared to Netflix and Hulu in my mind.

• An Office style workplace sitcom set in the MCU like that Damage Control sitcom that was rumored.
  • Maybe a MASH style sitcom with occasional more dramatic moments about soldiers in the Rebel Alliance goofing off between fights against the Empire.
  • Get the creators of Galavant back for another musical sitcom with a similar tone because I think it would be way more successful on Disney+ than on ABC.
  • Disney has a great creative relationship right now with Ron Howard and the Russos, maybe have the dream team behind Arrested Development develop a new comedy series for Disney+. Heck, try to get Dan Harmon in the mix for some of the Community magic too.
  • A 30 Rock inspired Muppets sitcom aimed at an adult audience was a great idea, maybe do better at executing that and never imply Miss Piggy sleeping with human men ever again.
  • A sitcom set in the Roger Rabbit universe about the making of some new movie. A lot of old school Hollywood and old school animation in jokes. Could also see this working as more of a Scorsese Jr kind of dramatic series instead of a sitcom.
  • I don't know exactly how rights work for these, but revivals and remakes of old ABC sitcoms could be great. A new Bewitched, bring back the Drew Carrey Show, Better of Ted Revival! Lot of great options!
Beyond that, young adult fantasy/sci-fi is a smart route to go. PErcy Jackson is great that they're finally doing it. Artemis Fowl will be a great fit assuming the movie isn't too terrible. Maybe Animorphs could be another series they could look into. Or an adaptation of the Young Jack Sparrow books. If they weren't rendered non-canon by 7,8,9 I would've said Young Jedi Knights as a fun Star Wars EU adaptation.

Lastly, a Haunted Mansion anthology series that is somewhere between Twilight Zone and Goosebumps. Each episode telling the story of different resident of the mansion or a different cursed on unusual object found within.
I love the Office style Sitcom for the MCU idea. If it ever happened, it’d be cool to see the Marvel heroes interacting with each other like real people would. The avengers all fit into the classic archetypes that laid t ground work for the sitcoms today but that extra twist would really make the show something special. Just imagine the after party from Age of Ultron (one of the best MCU scenes IMO) and make it a whole show.

mickeyfan5534

There's a great story of good vs evil buried under so much extraneous detail. But if they went in with a gameplan, I think a Kingdom Hearts series streamlining the games' story would be *chef's kiss*

Or just revive Galavant 🤷‍♂️
I'd freaking love new Bewitched. Give it the right cast and it'd be a masterpiece. Better Off Ted deserved so much better than it got so I'm all for reviving it.

mickeyfan5534

0%
I’m playing for fun and to get better but I don’t see myself winning whatsoever
You've got some stiff competition, but I'm very much rooting for you! You're already pretty much the fan favorite underdog and the game hasn't even started yet, haha.
Indeed. You're my underdog finalist as well and I really can't wait to see what you do with some of the prompts we have planned.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the day: How much of a chance do you think you have to win this season? Be honest
With all the bribery and blackmail that I'm planning? Pretty high.

Without those, who knows! I've never actually won any games other than the One Sentence Comp. Usually time starts to get in the way in these long games and I start to take a back seat towards the end. I remember in Season 14 giving my immunity to @kmbmw777 because I knew work was getting busier so he could stay and I'd be eliminated instead. But with everything going on, who knows what my life will or will not be going on with me over the next few months haha.

I know I'm gonna do my best to have fun and grow as an Imagineer. Of course, part of the fun of these games is the competition, so you guys are going down ;) :p

Bottom line, roughly 1 in 18.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom