So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day: What is your favorite Disney history video on Youtube? Defunctland or otherwise.
I'm gonna take a quick moment to shout out some of the early Randomland/Justin Scarred videos. I'm not gonna even claim they were that good, but I always liked his energy and passion. Was basically the first Disney youtuber I ever watched. And his early history/weird facts videos were really cool!

Of course, nothing tops Defunctland though lol

What's everyone's favorite Defunctland video?

Superstar Limo is great. It is part of what inspired me to start working on a California Adventure history video during quarantine. And I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Action Park and the season 1 Universal videos since those are what got me into the channel originally.

My favorite though is the Disneyland Paris 2 parter. @AceAstro wasn't that one of the ones you worked on? I love both the broad focus on the whole park and its development as well as on the original Space Mountain there. It's great!

Orange Cat

Weekly Challenge Three: A River Runs Through It
7162257591_d3eaab914b.jpg
dsc-6507.JPG

Ever since the opening of Disneyland, with its multiple rivers and waterways channeling into each other, water features are one thing that's always set the Disney Parks apart. Only getting more ambitious over the years with a whole theme park based around water in DisneySea and Imagineering alien fish and plantlife to populate the day-glo shores of Pandora's rivers. Your project this round is simple...WITHOUT creating an attraction to go along with it, you must design a brand new water feature in an existing Disney park. This water feature can either be designed from the ground up to become part of the scenery (see the recent Disneyland Railroad river tressle), a new waterfall on an existing attraction, or even just some running water in a previous dead area of the land. Fountains can also be included in this. Good luck players, this project is due Friday, May 15th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.
@TheOriginalTiki @mickeyfan5534 Can I place it in an upcoming area?

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Pi Presents:

uIiXUq7.png

When Toontown opened in Disneyland, it had a Chip & Dale themed ball pit near the tree house. Due to the same reasons nearly all ball pits have closed (mostly poop), it was shut down pretty quickly. You can still see it empty to this day.

It is not a lot of space, so they just kind of roped it off.

Now it shall be a part of the new Toontown Park! A very small and simple enhancement to the land!

Most of it will just be some more greenery and added place making to the area around Chip & Dale's tree house (@TheOriginalTiki's favorite attraction in the park due to the liberal usage of stairs) and Gadget's Go Coaster. Though a part of this enhancement project will be finally fixing up the area of the old ball pit!

It will just be a simple garden. Some flowers and a nice tree or two.
At the center of it will be a tiny decorative pond just out of reach of guests with a little tongue in cheek joke added.

Someone has clearly set up stuff to fish (Despite a pond this side clearly not having fish in it), but they're not here. They did leave a sign that says Gone Workin' though. A clear parody of the classic Gone Fishin' signs.

The humor stems from the in-congruence of the sign advertising leaving the hobby for work when the norm is leaving work for the hobby. People are expected to be at their place of work during work hours, and leave the sign to explain their temporary leave of absence to anyone trying to use their services. Of course, no one visits where someone performs their hobby looking for their services, so a sign such as that is unnecessary unlike a Gone Fishin' sign which would be needed to uphold societal norms.

The "Gone Workin'" sign is an example of Comedy derived from Situational Irony since it plays with and twists what one would normally be expected. More info on Irony as a form of comedy can be found in this Prezi presentation that I'm guessing was made by a 10th grader.

Cao, Lily. "Types of Comedy - Irony." Prezi. N.p., 04 Apr. 2014. Web. 12 May 2020.

Now that the joke has been thoroughly and academically explained in the driest, nerdiest way possible, it can be fully appreciated,

A nice, simple Marc Davis style sight gag just to add an extra cheesy joke to the Toontown environment. As well as helping to add some colors and varied environments to the very artificial land. All done for a very cheap price point and replacing ugly, empty spaces.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
QotD
What is the best joke in a Disney movie?

This is an easy one.

"I'll turn him into a flee. A harmless little flee. Then, I'll put that flee in a box. Then I'll put that box inside of another box. Then I'll mail that box to myself. And when it arrives...ahaha...I'll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT I tell you. BRILLIANT I say! Or to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this!"

So many levels of funny going on here, from the repetition of the box inside of another box to the punchline of throwing the whole elaborate plan out to save on postage. God I can't get enough of it. I quote the whole thing whenever I can.

A solid runner up is "well by all accounts, it doesn't make sense..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom