So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't have an emotional tie to any of the CityWalks, but I think that is something of a Universal staple. We could make ours bigger and better, but I'd be in favor of a regular CityWalk
I kind of disagree. CityWalk is really tacky and could use a facelift.
Well it doesn't need to be decided right now.

Keep in mind if we go through with a full fledged Jurassic World, it will have a Margaritaville in it as well as sort of a makeshift City Walk, akin to what is seen in the film.

Fwiw, I liked the City Walk in Hollywood a little better than in Orlando...because it reminded me a lot more of being in a city (which I think is the goal)
VCW_D_Universal_T4_CityWalk%20Street_1280x642_0.jpg

Whereas Universal Orlando City Walk -- I don't get that vibe from as much.
universal-studios-orlando-city-walk-fl-usa-38116145.jpg

So if we made ours feel more like a city -- it could be much more beneficial.

D Hulk

Yeah! So the one question I was thinking of was...do we want a more regular CityWalk...or do we want to create a different shopping/entertainment experience similar to what they did with Disney Springs?

I'm good with either -- but I just wanted to give the option!

I don't have an emotional tie to any of the CityWalks, but I think that is something of a Universal staple. We could make ours bigger and better, but I'd be in favor of a regular CityWalk

I kind of disagree. CityWalk is really tacky and could use a facelift.
I'm with @CreateDisney. CityWalk is grody. And since we're reimagining everything else about a Universal Resort, and losing the parks' old tackiness, let's do the same here!
download

And since we have boats traveling everywhere, and waterfront Greek and Italian resorts, how about a reimagined citywalk with a similar style? Something Mediterranean on the water and romanticized. Still use all the classic City Walk venues, but with understated and timeless facades.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm with @CreateDisney. CityWalk is grody. And since we're reimagining everything else about a Universal Resort, and losing the parks' old tackiness, let's do the same here!
download

And since we have boats traveling everywhere, and waterfront Greek and Italian resorts, how about a reimagined citywalk with a similar style? Something Mediterranean on the water and romanticized. Still use all the classic City Walk venues, but with understated and timeless facades.
I like that -- as it accomplishes a similar goal to Disney Springs, where we have the contemporary venues for shopping and dining, but immersed in a more romanticized facade with good theme quality.

A Mediterranean waterfront shopping center (maybe spanish themed?) could segue nicely from the Mediterranean resorts of Italy and Greece!

D Hulk

download

USH's City Walk was a locals' destination when it opened, now only tourists linger there. The new equivalent LA hotspot is Americana at Brand, which is a good real world reference point for themed outdoor shopping.
IMG_5929.JPG

It's generally French-styled, with ample green space, high fashion shops and eateries, plus the standard movie theater and Apple Store and chain shops. Include al fresco patio snack carts, free trolley rides, and nightly fountain shows. Like Disney Springs maybe, the next evolution of the City Walk model.

D Hulk

I could see us having two sections of it -- with one being more inland, a quaint shopping distract, then as you go out to the water overlooking the two theme parks, you go into the coastline with more restaurants and entertainment!
Very much in agreement with this. It gives the district more texture if it has different settings. With coastal Spain, we definitely need some Gaudi style stuff, like a surrealistic park and swirling multicolored tile cottages.
IMG_5936.JPG
IMG_5937.JPG
IMG_5938.JPG

spacemt354

Chili's

themazethinker

the wolfman encounter
entrance http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/10/article-2338714-1A3C37BE000005DC-398_964x562.jpg
the entrance will look like a 1800 gothic asylum, sometimes during the night there will be a projection on the building to show the shadow of the full moon, when that happens you can hear a beastly howl in the distance

queue line - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/05/article-2413131-1B8B1FA4000005DC-379_634x421.jpg
the queue line will be themed to a patient hallway, there will be multiple projections on the door windows here and there to show the inmates pounding on the glass,

pre show area - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT-Yz7-UcAAahY3.jpg
the area will look like a old school teaching hallway for the patients, a doctor will then enter into the room
william stroker [ a refrence to boris karloff and bram stoker ]
[clears throat ] good evening everyone my name is william stroker, you're here today for a little teaching, today we will be discussing about clinical lycanthropy, [ a assistant wheels in a projector, the projector shows a diagram of a brain ] this mental illness is a strange thing alright, it tells the infected person that they indeed are a animal, the most common type of animal is a wolf, most of the time the person will act like a savage and try to harm his or any others in it's way and try to cannibalize them, now of course they truly aren't animals but it is a strange disorder, today we actually have a patient with this disorder, his name is Larry Talbot. [ picture will show up of him ] he used to be a healthy 36 year old male, used to be a famous stage actor too, now the weird thing about him is not just his lycanthropy but it actually started right when he entered into London, he claims a wolf bit him but we looked all over the forest and the only thing close to what larry said was a adult bear, the other strange thing is his lycanthropy triggers when ever the moon is full, of course we suggest not to moon him just in case, anyway we're gonna prove to him that he isn't really a wolf, today we're gonna show him to you during a full moon, but first we're show him multiple images through our projector of the moon, each one will show the image getting fuller and fuller until finally [ snaps finger ] if in case if he really is a wolf we suggest to act calm and just hit him with a newspaper, anyway let's begin our presentation.

[ more to come soon ]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom