So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

FigmentPigments

I have a suggestion :p Take it for what it is, but I'm trying to help ya out here @TheOriginalTiki

I know this project means a lot to you - heck the mascot of the whole game is based on the ToonTown Tower of Terror - so this project is kinda important.

I have some ideas for this - and actually when I saw the prompt I was like ....ahhh I wish I could do this one:oops:

You had said there isn't much brainstorming going on in this project...would you object to me joining for this round (rather than judge the BB challenge) so that (hopefully) I can spark a little excitement.

@FigmentPigments and I really were bouncing well off each other, and if it means a lot to you...forget the strategy for a few days...forget the slightly shady gameplay...let's go back to just creativity for a few days...make an awesome project...and then the game can proceed. (And I'll go back to my consistent 7th place finish:hilarious:)

I think we can all come up with someone special if we put our minds to it. :)

If not I understand as well...just trying to help:bookworm:
I appreciate getting this out in the open. No one is fooled about what's going on.:p I agree with, Space. Can we, as group, just focus on making something great? If I'm gone after this round, so be it. It stinks, but Tiki is right. Everyone is playing within the rules, and there's nothing he can or should do. But how about we put our best efforts into this project? Everyone contributes and we really work to make this a good project?

RMichael21

Sigh... Honestly, I've been trying for several days to push people to do work and I've been trying to contribute ideas. In fact, we'd be nowhere if I hadn't been posting the past two days with reminders to keep brainstorming.

I don't know, I just feel like Tiki kind of made this up to be a social game. I in know way am objecting to that and Tiki has been a fantastic host! I just feel like it wouldn't be an issue had he tried to go in a less strategic direction. I mean, when the merge came, I was honestly shocked that we wouldn't be doing things individually, with a prize of immunity for the first place finisher. I mean, there really isn't much motivation when you're not competing against anyone and the only immunity is strategy based. I'd recommend in future seasons that Tiki be the one to award the PoMVP, that way this issue it avoided.

:( Sorry... :oops:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Now everything makes sense.

giphy.gif

FigmentPigments

Sigh... Honestly, I've been trying for several days to push people to do work and I've been trying to contribute ideas. In fact, we'd be nowhere if I hadn't been posting the past two days with reminders to keep brainstorming.

I don't know, I just feel like Tiki kind of made this up to be a social game. I in know way am objecting to that and Tiki has been a fantastic host! I just feel like it wouldn't be an issue had he tried to go in a less strategic direction. I mean, when the merge came, I was honestly shocked that we wouldn't be doing things individually, with a prize of immunity for the first place finisher. I mean, there really isn't much motivation when you're not competing against anyone and the only immunity is strategy based. I'd recommend in future seasons that Tiki be the one to award the PoMVP, that way this issue it avoided.

:( Sorry... :oops:
Honestly I would have contributed more, but there just didn't seem to be a point anymore knowing that I'm gone either way. I've noticed that there's a lack of participation on previous challenges, and I just couldn't force myself to put my heart into it when it didn't matter. :(Whether I did a little or a lot, I was still gone. But if this challenge means that much to Tiki than I'll jump back in whole heartedly. :bookworm:Please expect to see me in the group conversation more starting tomorrow. I'll have more specific ideas we can all discuss.:D

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'm going to respectfully decline @spacemt354's offer to be a one time "advantage" for the rest of the team. I really appreciate you wanting to move the brainstorming along, and you know the stakes of this project with the Droopy bellhop as the icon for the channel. Having said that I just don't think it'd be fair to the people who just voted you out and this game also always comes with a sense of consequence if you vote out someone who was an anchor on your team, you have to move on without said anchor. It's all just part of the strategy and dynamics of the group work. Thanks for the offer but if I did that it'd be opening the floodgates in to let anybody compete after they've been eliminated. There has to be a sense of both risk and reward now that the gun's been triggered and you're out of the game.

RM...Going individual was something Joker was really wanting to do this merge. I didn't go ahead with it just because of all the intrigue that was happening with the killer twist around the merge. If we went to individual not only would the brainstorming threads be dropped for the rest of the season (and thus each round would essentially have a lot of dead space to fill while individual people are formulating ideas instead of brainstorming as a group...) but the natural built in dynamics of the strategy and killers twist going on would be shuffled around dramatically. Season 13 was THE season to promote a heart-pounding season filled with strategy and deception. Whenever we get to season 14 I'd really like to concentrate on having the game go as "Back to the Basics" as possible while still maintaining the post-season five stuff like team leaders, PoMVP, Walt's Vault, etc.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm going to respectfully decline @spacemt354's offer to be a one time "advantage" for the rest of the team. I really appreciate you wanting to move the brainstorming along, and you know the stakes of this project with the Droopy bellhop as the icon for the channel. Having said that I just don't think it'd be fair to the people who just voted you out and this game also always comes with a sense of consequence if you vote out someone who was an anchor on your team, you have to move on without said anchor. It's all just part of the strategy and dynamics of the group work. Thanks for the offer but if I did that it'd be opening the floodgates in to let anybody compete after they've been eliminated. There has to be a sense of both risk and reward now that the gun's been triggered and you're out of the game.

RM...Going individual was something Joker was really wanting to do this merge. I didn't go ahead with it just because of all the intrigue that was happening with the killer twist around the merge. If we went to individual not only would the brainstorming threads be dropped for the rest of the season (and thus each round would essentially have a lot of dead space to fill while individual people are formulating ideas instead of brainstorming as a group...) but the natural built in dynamics of the strategy and killers twist going on would be shuffled around dramatically. Season 13 was THE season to promote a heart-pounding season filled with strategy and deception. Whenever we get to season 14 I'd really like to concentrate on having the game go as "Back to the Basics" as possible while still maintaining the post-season five stuff like team leaders, PoMVP, Walt's Vault, etc.
Your choice, no problem

Though I would like to still emphasize how your assessment of my play this year in the podcast last felt a little off. What I mean by that is you claimed I was "overbearing" in the brainstorming, and I had visions for projects and did too much for them.

That's actually not what happened at all. It's written on the wall in the brainstorming PMs.

It's only apparent that the brainstorming is stagnant this round, because Figment and I aren't able to bounce ideas off of one another and move the process along.

This inactivity has gone on since Project 7....this isn't a new phenomenon ...it's just the first time it's noticeable because both @FigmentPigments and I have been covering for people, doing extra work, to try and get the best projects out.

You had given us a 9/10 for group work on the podcast claiming everyone did their part, but actually that didn't happen, we just covered for people for the sake of the team.

I feel like this is in direct correlation to the strategic nature that you've set up in the game. It's set up to where...you're encouraged to not do the projects so as to not seem like a threat...and like has been said that's the antithesis of what an imagineering competition is about, I feel.

And the frustrating thing is...nobody is doing anything illegal. It's all fair game. It's just a little disappointing because the people who are in it for the creativity always seen to get the short end of the stick.

RMichael21

That's alright, haha. I'm having a great time. I just feel like the disappointment comes from the fact that it's the big comeback season and the focus isn't entirely on the Imagineering. :)

RMichael21

Your choice, no problem

Though I would like to still emphasize how your assessment of my play this year in the podcast last felt a little off. What I mean by that is you claimed I was "overbearing" in the brainstorming, and I had visions for projects and did too much for them.

That's actually not what happened at all. It's written on the wall in the brainstorming PMs.

It's only apparent that the brainstorming is stagnant this round, because Figment and I aren't able to bounce ideas off of one another and move the process along.

This inactivity has gone on since Project 7....this isn't a new phenomenon ...it's just the first time it's noticeable because both @FigmentPigments and I have been covering for people, doing extra work, to try and get the best projects out.

You had given us a 9/10 for group work on the podcast claiming everyone did their part, but actually that didn't happen, we just covered for people for the sake of the team.

I feel like this is in direct correlation to the strategic nature that you've set up in the game. It's set up to where...you're encouraged to not do the projects so as to not seem like a threat...and like has been said that's the antithesis of what an imagineering competition is about, I feel.

And the frustrating thing is...nobody is doing anything illegal. It's all fair game. It's just a little disappointing because the people who are in it for the creativity always seen to get the short end of the stick.
I agree whole heartedly. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't able to complete my fair share of work last project (with a heavy heart, if I may add) due to some real life obligations. But, this project (and several others) I've been trying to push my team along to help out. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
That's alright, haha. I'm having a great time. I just feel like the disappointment comes from the fact that it's the big comeback season and the focus isn't entirely on the Imagineering. :)
That's what I said before the season started.

While this is Season 13 for the Visions Fantastic people...this is Season 1 for wdwmagic people.

I think this should have been the back to basics game...then if you wanna throw in twists next year, by all means. But I think the complicated nature of the game's terminology coupled with the strategy kinda threw that out of wack especially post-merge, where I agree - I thought it was gonna be individual:p

FigmentPigments

Your choice, no problem

Yeah, looking back on it, this is very true.:( I understand real life comes first but this has become a trend unfortunately. :bookworm:

Tiki gives us more than enough time to complete these projects, and I won't be making the same mistake covering for people anymore. :oops: (Especially since I'm only one person and Space is gone. :D) Whoever wins this competition should do so by competing and doing their parts on the project. Playing the strategy game is fine (again not against the rules;)), but everyone has been assigned a part of the current project so when the time comes to post the final project, it will be quite obvious who did not contribute.

If people decide not to brainstorm or otherwise add to the project then there is little anybody can do. :( Come the 1st, if anyone cannot complete their portion, then that portion will most likely remain blank. :oops::( I never wanted to turn in a project like that, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. :cautious: Hopefully, this doesn't happen, and this project will turn out wonderfully. :) Lets get back to the creativity everyone! There's still time. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom