So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah, looking back on it, this is very true.:( I understand real life comes first but this has become a trend unfortunately. :bookworm:

Tiki gives us more than enough time to complete these projects, and I won't be making the same mistake covering for people anymore. :oops: (Especially since I'm only one person and Space is gone. :D) Whoever wins this competition should do so by competing and doing their parts on the project. Playing the strategy game is fine (again not against the rules;)), but everyone has been assigned a part of the current project so when the time comes to post the final project, it will be quite obvious who did not contribute.

If people decide not to brainstorm or otherwise add to the project then there is little anybody can do. :( Come the 1st, if anyone cannot complete their portion, then that portion will most likely remain blank. :oops::( I never wanted to turn in a project like that, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. :cautious: Hopefully, this doesn't happen, and this project will turn out wonderfully. :) Lets get back to the creativity everyone! There's still time. :D
I agree - real life is totally more important, then again it got to the point where it felt like people didn't have time for the imagineering...however they had time for strategy:cautious::eek:

Not saying any names. :p Just saying that's how it was perceived on the front lines in the brainstorming PMs.

And I know Tiki had mentioned next year would be less strategy...but I think this board needs a game like Sorcerer's Apprentice back.. like the way it was in SA Season 2. Something that is team based eliminations (so the more you play, the better chance you have), no politics, it's just straight up imagineering. Best imagineer wins and that's how we get projects like we saw in those seasons.

I told Tiki this when I mentioned the thing about the PoMVP for Puff last round, but I'm not going to play in strategy games anymore.

The only reason I played in SYWTBAI Season 13, was to obviously support the grand-re-opening of an established competition, but also because Tiki and Jokers advertised it as having little strategy.

In the opening podcasts, it was advertised as:

- set in 1899
- No killer shenans, more creative based
- and an over-arching murder-mystery throughout the season involving the S.E.A. characters. The Timekeeper was supposed to be involved or something like that...

Honestly that sounded amazing...and it's a bit disappointing that was all tossed for what it turned out to be. Live and learn:)

RMichael21

I agree - real life is totally more important, then again it got to the point where it felt like people didn't have time for the imagineering...however they had time for strategy:cautious::eek:

Not saying any names. :p Just saying that's how it was perceived on the front lines in the brainstorming PMs.

And I know Tiki had mentioned next year would be less strategy...but I think this board needs a game like Sorcerer's Apprentice back.. like the way it was in SA Season 2. Something that is team based eliminations (so the more you play, the better chance you have), no politics, it's just straight up imagineering. Best imagineer wins and that's how we get projects like we saw in those seasons.

I told Tiki this when I mentioned the thing about the PoMVP for Puff last round, but I'm not going to play in strategy games anymore.

The only reason I played in SYWTBAI Season 13, was to obviously support the grand-re-opening of an established competition, but also because Tiki and Jokers advertised it as having little strategy.

In the opening podcasts, it was advertised as:

- set in 1899
- No killer shenans, more creative based
- and an over-arching murder-mystery throughout the season involving the S.E.A. characters. The Timekeeper was supposed to be involved or something like that...

Honestly that sounded amazing...and it's a bit disappointing that was all tossed for what it turned out to be. Live and learn:)
Yeah, I agree. Next year's summer Amazing Race competition will be strictly Imagineering. The only strategy involved will possibly be a U-Turn here or there, but other than that, strictly Imagineering.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah, I agree. Next year's summer Amazing Race competition will be strictly Imagineering. The only strategy involved will possibly be a U-Turn here or there, but other than that, strictly Imagineering.
Ah cool!:D

And that's not to say I'm recommending we don't have strategy games ---:eek: so I don't want it to be perceived like that, just so everyone knows..

What I'm saying is...after I've been here for a while...there's practically 0% chance of me ever winning one.

I'm going to be taken out...because either people will think I'm too threatening (which is ridiculous to me because everyone on here has amazing talent...it's just about how much you want it). And then if I try to play under the radar someone will say...he's just faking us out:p

So I think it's cool to have a good mix of different comps, but there has to be some transparency so everyone knows what they're getting into, and it needs to be set up in such a way where you still have to do the projects, then be strategic. :bookworm:

DinoInstitute

And that's not to say I'm recommending we don't have strategy games ---:eek: so I don't want it to be perceived like that, just so everyone knows..
Honestly, and I've said this before a few times, but it might be best (if we want to play strategy games) to just do them on the TV sub-forum, and not mix it with imagineering. I think we've been trying it and, while they are both fun in their own ways, they don't always make for a clean mix...;) :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Honestly, and I've said this before a few times, but it might be best (if we want to play strategy games) to just do them on the TV sub-forum, and not mix it with imagineering. I think we've been trying it and, while they are both fun in their own ways, they don't always make for a clean mix...:D
o_O

There's a tv forum?:p

I learn something new everyday...but yeah that could work

MANEATINGWREATH

I hate doing this, but I LITERALLY had no time this week to put anything of any decent quality together. This is my first time being on my laptop since Monday. That's kind of unheard of for me to do (being away from my laptop for so long), but I digress. I know that my contributions to this project were looked forward to, so I apologize wholeheartedly for not turning in what was expected of me. Between work, school and my show opening tonight, I just don't have the time anymore to put my heart into the game.

I'm stubborn and I REFUSE to drop out, but if this ploy warrants my elimination, so be it. I just can't commit to the season like I have been and I have to accept that. Sorry again.

spacemt354

Chili's
Going live with special guest @SandyClaws

Just finished the podcast - great show!

Don't worry about the comments regarding me last podcast - my only gripe was that this game specifically I've made a conscious effort to try and include everyone in brainstorming and (as I really wanted to do) take a smaller role in the projects. The mindset I had last year was to prove the naysayers wrong who thought I didn't have the skills. This year, there was really nothing to prove...so I wanted a laid back approach.

Unfortunately, due to faltering activity from some, and my determination to not turn in half measure projects (I hope you get that reference;)), I ended up taking more of a role than I wanted, but only to assist and cover for people, not to dominate over them. And that can be seen in the pms. That's the last I'll say on that as I don't like beating a dead horse and it's not a big deal at all...:)

---------------------

On another note... I'm still in shock for some reason at this past elimination:cyclops: Maybe I'm just stupid for having wishful thinking:p

I honestly didn't believe the current final four wanted Figment out that badly to remove her via unanimous vote, given the state of the society stuff this week, and given that she still pulled together your Haunt-Toon mansion project. I will echo something Tiki had mentioned on the podcast that I agree with 100%.

While you had every right to do what you did, I'd have way more respect if you faced us head on and beat us creativity at our own game. If you won, I'd be the first one to give you a congratulations. And I say this knowing quite well, the immense talent you all possess. By voting us out one after the other, you have put us on this pedestal of "unbeatableness" that we don't belong on.

I have never won a major competition on here. I've come in 7th place...3x in a row. Figment is a brand new imagineer, and only been active since June. Technically this is her first full-time competition.

So I don't want to hear about how we are unbeatable. That's a lazy excuse and there's no evidence for your theories. You're just taking the easy door to the finals.

Tiki is on point again when he said, while there is less motivation to do the projects when not competing against another team....don't you guys have self-motivation?o_O Do you really need an external motivator to do something you supposedly enjoy? :bored:

I think you'd surprise yourselves... you CAN do it...if you put the conscious effort in.

Take that for what you will. Good luck in the final rounds!

DSquared

I'd have way more respect if you faced us head on and beat us creativity at our own game
I'm only speaking for myself here, but when I play the game like I do, it's only because I can't beat you and Figment 1v1. I'm not saying I'm bad, you guys are just older with better writing and art. So when there comes a time where I can make the game easier for myself, I'm gonna take it.

And let me tell you, the way things have happened this season is all luck. A few players just had everything aligned perfectly at the right time. I wasn't expecting to be able to get both of you out, but a killer(s) lined it up so it would be possible.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm only speaking for myself here, but when I play the game like I do, it's only because I can't beat you and Figment 1v1. I'm not saying I'm bad, you guys are just older with better writing and art. So when there comes a time where I can make the game easier for myself, I'm gonna take it.

And let me tell you, the way things have happened this season is all luck. A few players just had everything aligned perfectly at the right time. I wasn't expecting to be able to get both of you out, but a killer(s) lined it up so it would be possible.
When have you ever played us 1 on 1?

That's exactly my point. It's an assumption that your worse than you really are, before you even get the experience.

I could come down with the flu that round, I could just blank on a project idea, you could come up with this incredible project that wins fair and square.

You gotta have some self confidence man and believe in yourself.

spacemt354

Chili's
On a positive note - there are a few good things to come out of this

Regardless of the ending, there are still projects I'm quite proud of, and people who emerged, showed their abilities, and will hopefully be around for comps to come!

Such as Basketbuddy's art that just got better each round
Red and england showing up again for competitive play
The emergence of Figment's art style and SandyClaws' Monster Mash video:p

The Star Wars projects, Steven Universe, etc. Many that show some of the best creativity the boards have to offer.

And also as Tiki pointed out on the podcast, these events will at least, make some sort of SYWTBAI history - like he said probably one of the top 3 most infamous moments of the game's 13 season history (along with Disneyson elimination and the PM-Gate)

And lastly, while this project did mean a lot to the game, and it's a bit disappointing that it didn't turn out so great (aside from the exterior art which I'm guessing was Figment)...looking on the bright side...there are some things I just had to laugh at:hilarious:

Like who did the ride through?:bored: It's just pictures:hilarious: I mean ....c'mon man:joyfull::facepalm:

Welcome to Haunt-Toon Mansion Havoc!

The Toons of Toon Town are enlisting for your help! The mischievous weasels from 'Who Saved Roger Rabbit' are up to no good, as their haunted spirits seek to terrorize Toon Town with all of the ghostly toons of the town's past!

The Weasels and their hired pals have terrorized the citizens of Toon Town, all day and all night, preventing from daily life from moving forward. The Toons have been dealing with these haunted beings for many weeks, but are fed up with the weasel's mischief, and have asked for your help.

As employees for Ajax Ghost Extermination Co., guests will be in charge to capture these ghostly souls and restore Toon Town to it's optimistic and calm state! But be careful, these eerie souls can easily possess your soul, where you'll be terrorized by these ghouls for all eternity! Good luck!

Exterior:

The cheery music that flows through Toon Town seems to fall away into silence as you come up along the tree lined pathway leading to the oddly shaped house. Just at the edge of Toon Town, the lone house is sequestered behind a row of anthropomorphic trees. An array of grinning faces adorns each tree. (These faces will light up at night.)
full

You peer down the path trying to size up the dark house, but you can barely see past the trees with branches like grasping, clawed hands. Just to the side of the dark path, a young male tree shields a young female tree from an unknown threat.
full

Looking just past the two terrified trees, you can see the old Hallowed Tree grinning at them, seemingly plotting.
full

On the other side of the road is a help wanted ad posted to a notice board desperately requesting the services of ghost exterminators. Guests who decide to answer the ad will start down the path to the house, passing by several and sometimes hilarious warning signs.
full

Overhead an owl hoots ominously; his neck stretching out into a thin line with each call.
full

The closer the you get to the house, tombstones are popping up among the road way and in the trees. But these tombstones seem different, rounded edges to accent their cartoonish nature. One looks like it was chewed on a hungry animal with huge claws, another one is squashed like it was crushed under a big stone, another lies flat with tire tracks on the front, and several bullet holes are in another smaller headstone. (These are the cartoon versions of some of the actual tombstones in the Haunted Mansion queue.) A tombstone nearly hidden behind the very last tree is half melted, the words almost undecipherable. The only readable word is DIPPED.

These are interactive tombstones out in front of the house to entertain guests with sound effects (the chewed on tombstone has growling sounds, the flat tombstone will emit a car revering its engine and squealing its tires, the melted tombstones has sizzling sound. These will also double as excellent photo ops for guests). Several unmarked tombstones are occupied by two cats batting each other over territory, yowling and hissing.
Skeleton%2BDance%2BTwofer%2BKatz.jpg

Unlike the rest of Toon Town, this haunted building is devoid of bright colors, being built in a mix of grays and blacks (much like the earliest Silly Symphonies). The color of the surrounding area is also muted almost as if the building is sucking out the life out of it. The most prominent feature of the building facade is the "face" which seems to glare at you. The shades fall down and rise up on their own, giving you the impression that the house is alive and blinking at you. Around the corner, behind the fence, you can make out another vehicle. What is the Toon Patrol?
full

At the entrance to the queue, a large blue van is parked around the side with its back door thrown open. On the side of the van is the logo for Ajax Ghost Exterminators, and you can hear the radio broadcasting an advertisement for Ajax and all its ghost hunting service. Another alternative radio broadcast can be heard airing the news of strange and frightening things happening at the old house in Toon Town; the very same one you are about to head into. You peer into the back of the open van doors to take a look at the equipment the professional ghost hunters of Toon Town would carry. After a quick look, you are suddenly unsure about the professional experience of Ajax as you can see a rifle, a net, a mousetrap, and a steel bar cage lying in back.

Queue:

As we walk up to the spooky house on a hill, spooky noises fill a cartoon graveyard. With every step, a new effect produces a gag, telling us that this haunted mansion is unlike anywhere else. From flowers squirting water to musical bricks, the graveyard leads us up to the foyer of the mansion. As we enter in, several portraits of the weasels laugh at us and progress into a ghostly state.

We continue into a portrait gallery. Here, we see portraits of classic Disney cartoon characters including Minnie Mouse, Daisy, Goofy, and Mickey. Once we are all in, we hear the sound of weasels laughing as hologram technology has them soar above us. They take hold of the portraits and begin stretching them and room, revealing a comedic spooky moment for each.

The weasels drop the ceiling and it begins bouncing, the portraits changing as they shrink and grow, before a massive thunderclap stops the weasels in their tracks and the stretched portraits, leaving all four in an homage to the original mansion's portraits. The weasels open a door and we continue on into a library, where doom buggies await for a strange and silly adventure.

Ride Through:

(without Donald Duck)
tumblr_nc8c08jCKa1s2wio8o1_500.gif

library
Scary%2BTales%2Bvideo%2Bfront.jpg

Pet Bats
tumblr_ne2x9iFYCh1qedb29o1_250.gif

Ghost appearing in mirrors
tumblr_mviqk8f7ud1qhcrb0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8hmp9HIqp1tx21j0o1_500.gif

spiderflyfb.jpg

• A chest of drawers flying towards the guests

• a hooded figure chasing us down the hall and revealing him to be a skeleton (Mickey's Haunted House)

• an enormous spider that swings towards the guests and then away (Hells Bells)

• several bats swooping and fluttering overhead (Hells Bells)

• The lonesome ghosts causing mischief in the hallways (guests aren't sure if they're friendly or not) Replacement for Corridor of doors.
  • They can push the doors down from the top like accordions to peak at or scare the guests.

Graveyard
41c189dcf918d2debd963f8da131e5e3.jpg

latest

The guests are chased into the graveyard and slam into the Weasels' Toon Patrol car (seen out front) causing the radio to turn on the music to fill the graveyard. The ghosts start to dance much to the weasels' frustrations. Their plot to scare the toons out of Toon Town has failed.
latest

SkeletonDance03.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

200_s.gif

• a tribute to the hitchhiking ghosts using the lonesome ghosts

At the end, instead of the ghosts following you home, Goofy as Marley is floating around saying things like: I think I'm at the wrong house, now how did I get here?, Hello? He steps off a ledge (forgetting he can float) with his signature yell.
Goofy-as-Jacob-Marley-s-Ghost.jpg

So if you'd like a review for the project - I think nobody can say it better than Michael Scott;):D

Looking back in a year or so...I'd rather remember this for the positive aspects, and laugh off the negatives after we hopefully learn from them...so here's a start:p

MANEATINGWREATH

Haha, it's actually funny how chill this season is compared to Season Eight. You guys haven't seen anything. True, this season has had its fair share of drama, but, looking back on Season Eight (which I was in charge of), there was literally something new happening every freaking day that would cause some sort of new stress. This is nothing.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom