so, which smell/sound

RedGear

Epcot82Guy said:
The smell used to be Oranges on Horizons. Now it would probably be the cave smell in Pirates.

The Sounds again used to be the Tomorrow's Child instrumental but would now be "Please stand clear of the doors," the SpectroMagic theme, or Illuminations' intro.

I totally agree with the smell in Pirates, there is just something about it! I also love the smell of the space mountain queue!:D

For sounds I think it had to be the buses at Disney and the sound of people walking and talking down main street!;)

Steamboat_Kevin

I'd say the lobbies and rooms of most hotels smell pretty good. The Boardwalk smells great with all the things baking there.
Favorite sound would probably be Disney transport (Monorail, bus, boat, doesn't matter)

If I had to pick a favorite sight (this will sound weird) I'd pick staying at Saratoga Springs with a Downtown Disney lake view and falling asleep to the glow of all the signs (Planet Hollywood, Virgin Megastore, Rainforest Café, etc.) I don't know why, but I always thought that was cool :)

dolbyman

the worst smell is the turkey leg stench in MK :veryconfu

also stink bug and figment smell the same ..

the smell I will never forget is the kerosin smell in the light tunnel of reamflight (although I the last time I smelled this was 1992 :eek: )

Edeyore

My favorite sound comes from staying at the Polynesian.
Even if you do not attend the luau, (sp?) each night I
would hear the beating of the drums followed by a resounding
"Aloha"!!!!

crazygirley

astewart said:
Favorite smell - The smell of the Florida air when I walk off the plane into the catwalk thing that goes into the airport.

Favorite sound - The captian on the airplane telling us we are in florida, and it's hot and sunny!
I love this one! So true! But you also forgot the first blast of humidity that hits you as you exit the plane!

sabian

I love the smell of the water rides, such as POTC, IASW, or the land. That scent, it tells me....YOU"RE HERE!!!!! OH, and the smell of the smoked turkey legs in Frontierland

Pippa

I would have to say the sound of the plane hitting the tarmac!! And the best smell would be a Kungaloosh cocktail!! *sigh*

jsfra209

GSpiff said:
It's weird how many people have said the water from the rides, yet no one mentioned the water in the hotels. For me, that smell totally does it.
My favorite sound, that is unfortunately no longer there, the Zip oh dee do Dah tips for the day on Resort TV.

I used to looooove that.. "IT'S A ZIP A DEE DO DAH...TIP FOR TODAY!!"

The water ride smells and the smell of air conditioning in the attractions really do it for me too...

Stellajack

Sounds and smells

Smells:
Mainstreet Bakery
Ribs at Hoop-de-Doo
Breakfast at Colonel's Cotton Mill-Port Orleans

Sounds:
Main Street, USA
Doo-doo-doo-doo; doo-doo-doo-doo (MGM)
America, spread your golden wings . . . .

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

BwanaBob

Kwit35 said:
For me it is the lobby in AKL.
BTW, this should probably be under General or Chit Chat.

crazygirley said:
I start to feel "really there" at the first sniff of the AKL lobby, the branching corridors that lead to the guest rooms, the guest room itself, and last but not least, the smell of musty wood that can be smelled from the balcony of the guest room.

... I thought I was the ONLY nut-job who thought this!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :sohappy: :wave:

Derek1980

Not too sure about my favorite smell, just the overall one I guess. But my favorite sound is definatly the sound of the Train whistle as you walk off the boat at the MK, its the most wonderful sound ever amkes you know "your there"

dixiegirl

gee there are so many...definatly when your off the plane in orlando and walking down that runway thingy from the plane...the smell of the florida air in the morn...oh and the smell of breakfast at the dining hall at port orleans riverside....the smell of the buses...yes un healthy.. but its disney...the smell of popcorn in mainstreet...oh the smell as you walk up main street...oh so yummy and sweet....the smell from those turkey legs..yes another good for ya treat...lol ......the smell from the water drenched logs at splash mountain....the smelll in spaceship earth..in burning rome.....god there are so many......god ...i love disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

malachijester

for me, the ultimate Disney smell is when you walk into the lobby at Wilderness Lodge. that's the smell that says "get ready, we're going to the magic kingdom!"

kennedy

For me, it's the music that plays when you enter Frontierland. We usually hit this park around mid-day, and hearing the dixie music picks me up every time. Entering that land, hearing the music, and seeing those store fronts makes me feel as though I've traveled back in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom