so, which smell/sound

Disney4Eva

Well, for sound...I'd have to say the tram announcement. For smell, it depends. If I'm staying off Disney property, I'd say it's the monorail. If I'm staying on Disney property, it's the Doubletree lobby.

Neptune

Bravesfn1 said:
The scent of the monorail as it is on its way toward the Magic Kingdom. Please stand clear of the doors.............

Thats Sound for me :lol:

For Smell, the Smell of the Turkey Legs in FrontierLand Always makes me Ecstatic.

Nut4Disney

This topic is brought up monthly and I never get tired of it.

smells
the smell of rubber in Test Track
the smell of roses when I walk into our room at POR
the smell of WDW/Florida water coming out of the bathtub faucet
the smell of the monorails (smells like a zoo)
the smell of the fireworks(sulphur) after Illuminations
the hot musty vegetation smell of the greenhouses in Living with the Land
the smell of Florida when you come into the airport terminal
the smell of Ghiradelli's when you first walk in

sounds
the music loop when you enter Epcot (I could literally listen to that all day, and somedays I do)
the sound of the fountain of nations
my sons laughter while riding Dumbo
the horses on Mainstreet
screams in Space Mtn.
the old monorail spiel

I know I've left off so many, but that will just have to do for now. :wave:

Disney4Eva

Nut4Disney said:
the smell of the monorails (smells like a zoo)

Yeah, it does. You know, if I smell that smell in a zoo, I think it's horrible. But when I smell in on the monorail, I can't get enough of it.

S_Grise

Jason21783 said:
Latley, its been our habit to get to Orlando mid afternoon. And I like to save the "first official morning" for the MK, so we head to Epcot that first day, and Spaceship Earth first. I love sitting in there, smelling those smells, thinking, "I was in Chicago this morning, and now I'm on SSE".

Hey, Jason, that's what WE do, too! AND, we're from Chicago!
For me, the first blast of Orlando humidity gets my pulse racing.

MiRi

The smell of the Haunted Mansion.... the smell of popcorn when you first arrive at Main Street..... the music playing at th entrance of the MK..... the howling at the Haunted Mansion

Highland_Holly

wannabeBelle said:
The sound of bagpipes warming up backstage as I am sitting in the stage area for Off Kilter!!!! Belle

I'll be hearing that sound in just 9 days... here in Michigan! They are playing the Alma Highland Festival ceilidh Memorial Day weekend.

It's wierd... seeing/hearing them at EPCOT makes me feel at home as I usually have celtic musc playing. Seeing/hearing them HERE will make me long for EPCOT...

I'd have to say... that is the sound my ears search for as we approach WS... one of my faves!

Holly :kiss:

wannabeBelle

Highland_Holly said:
I'll be hearing that sound in just 9 days... here in Michigan! They are playing the Alma Highland Festival ceilidh Memorial Day weekend.

It's wierd... seeing/hearing them at EPCOT makes me feel at home as I usually have celtic musc playing. Seeing/hearing them HERE will make me long for EPCOT...

I'd have to say... that is the sound my ears search for as we approach WS... one of my faves!

Holly :kiss:
Hey there Holly!!!!!! Have a GREAT time!!! I am going to see the Lads this week coming up on Monday & Wednesday ( My birthday!) If you'd like check out the Off Kilter Shrine, an online community of the fans!!!! the web address is :http://groups.msn.com/OffKilterShrine/home.msnw
Hope to see a trip report posted from you in the Concert Chat forum for the Michigan show. Usually the girls get together on Saturday nights after 10pm EST for a live chat. I wont be there this week as I am heading off to Disney Saturday but if you apply to join the site & go into chat just tell them that you know WannabeBelle from her Disney Boards WDWMagic!!! Belle

DisneySam

First Fantasmic!329 I LOVE your Fozzie Avatar!!!!!!!!!

Smells:
- The Bakery Smells on Main Street
- Splash Mountain- the water I guess
- The smell and feel of the cool blast air conditioner of the monorail [haven't been on a stinky one?]
- The Wilderness Lodge (has a very home-like smell) and the lobby because you can smell the BBQ from the Whispering Canyon Cafe

Sounds:
- The Train Whistle/ Boat Whistle [we joke with my Dad who is a boater that his retirement job is going to be driving the big boat to and from the MK]
- The Music as you enter the parks...always the best!
- The Haunted Mansion Graveyard....

maconMouse

All the new smells found on Soarin'! So well done. Love the smell of fresh oranges as you go over the orange groves, and the outdoor smells as you fly over the whitewater rapids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom