So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, you have said that a few times already. Because I respect your need for keeping the details unrevealed, can you at least say that all new life will come from excitement and anticipation or hatred and organizing a pitch fork brigade?
I dare say it'll generate a lot of discussion from both sides. And rightly so.

Last edited:

Bacon

Possible areas for more ips
Unknown-2.jpeg

Attachments

• Disneyhollywoodstudios2011map.jpg
    Disneyhollywoodstudios2011map.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 123

Jones14

Honestly? Both.

I've got what I consider legitimate thoughts and concerns that I think are valid from either angle. To say anymore yet might be too much.
Do you feel that the IP in question will be given too much, too little, or the right amount of representation (in terms of scale) for what it is?

britain

Has it been established on these boards whether or not the 3rd IP is actually owned by Disney? Perhaps it would be a fine addition to the park, but by virtue of it being another "Avatar" like partnership, the pitchforks might be over its non-Disneyness.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Has it been established on these boards whether or not the 3rd IP is actually owned by Disney? Perhaps it would be a fine addition to the park, but by virtue of it being another "Avatar" like partnership, the pitchforks might be over its non-Disneyness.

I don't think we know either way.

csmat99

They made a deal with Token's family or warner who ever has the rights these days to LOTR? that would be a doozy of a debate.

BrianLo

Honestly? Both.

I've got what I consider legitimate thoughts and concerns that I think are valid from either angle. To say anymore yet might be too much.

Translation:
-It is heavily branded.
-It was chosen by the Bob's.
-It is not a Walt IP.
-It was created or acquired during Iger's tenure.
-The attraction concept is rather good.
-It will make for a true E-ticket.
-Something that some people have some affection for needs to go to make way for it.
-There will be an argument about whether it 'fits' DHS (whatever that is anymore).
-It will simultaneously clash and mesh with whatever it sits next to depending on who you ask.
-It will simultaneously be decreed the greatest thing to ever come to WDW and the folly of WDW.
-In reality the neutral position will win out.
-The GP will love it.

Swolesome

Long time lurker. I have a question for you @marni1971. Would the new IP in question have the grounds to be/have a water ride. If so I can see the debate over it. DHS is the only WDW Park that currently lacks one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom