So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

HauntedMansionFLA

A while back Indiana Jones Stunt Show was on the chopping block. Is there anymore talk about closing this show down? I know there is a lot of talk of another IP going in somewhere but nothing confirmed. Any chance they keep the stunt show and re theme Star Tours to an Indiana Jones Adventure? They have four movies and counting to program for the guest to experience with the attraction. And they said they have big plans for Indiana Jones.

MagicHappens1971

A while back Indiana Jones Stunt Show was on the chopping block. Is there anymore talk about closing this show down? I know there is a lot of talk of another IP going in somewhere but nothing confirmed. Any chance they keep the stunt show and re theme Star Tours to an Indiana Jones Adventure? They have four movies and counting to program for the guest to experience with the attraction. And they said they have big plans for Indiana Jones.
I believe Indiana Jones was only on the chopping block when SWL was going in that plot and the current parking lot. But those plans have changed, so for at least till TSL & SWL open I would say Indiana Jones is safe.

Chef Kronk

Could this mysterious IP eventually be a makeover for RNRC?

No. It's been stated that this IP will have a dedicated E-Ticket attraction which isn't going to go on Sunset Boulevard.

I can't see one IP getting a big attraction plus being the replacement theme for RnRC down the line.

csmat99

I know this would involve a lot of moving parts but could the third IP be Fantastic Four? We all know Fox can’t get their act together with regards to movies and Marvel wants control back knowing they can do a much better job. I believe spirit mentioned that Universal has plans to remove Doom fear fall ride. I could see Disney making a deal with Universal to get rights back to put a Fantastic Four ride in DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know this would involve a lot of moving parts but could the third IP be Fantastic Four? We all know Fox can’t get their act together with regards to movies and Marvel wants control back knowing they can do a much better job. I believe spirit mentioned that Universal has plans to remove Doom fear fall ride. I could see Disney making a deal with Universal to get rights back to put a Fantastic Four ride in DHS.

Nope...

To nip it in the bud, it's nothing to do with the Universal contract.

Before yet another rumour starts.

doctornick

Any rumors for the Launch Bay space once SWL opens? Could this be a potential area for the unannounced third IP land attraction?

Once upon a time, when Animation closed to make room for Launch Bay, the insiders here seemed to indicate that there were plans to bring back Animation Academy in some capacity, maybe more similar to DCA's building. Don't know if that is still on the table, but I have got to imagine that Launch Bay will be removed once Star Wars Experience opens, so hopefully something new goes in that space (or ideally the whole building gets demo'ed and they build a path/new land connecting the RNR area with Animation Courtyard).

Magenta Panther

NO, and thank god!!!! The less Marvel crap in WDW, the better.

Magenta Panther

I don't care what IP it is. I care that they actually make a ride that is amazing and everyone can get immersed in whatever theme it may be. Regardless of your feelings of Marvel they do have some excellent worlds to make an amazing ride. But marni already shot that down so doesn't matter.

And you can always go to Universal and enjoy the excellent Spiderman ride if you need a Marvel fix in a theme park, so win-win!

csmat99

And you can always go to Universal and enjoy the excellent Spiderman ride if you need a Marvel fix in a theme park, so win-win!
No one talked about needing a fix. If you read what I said you would understand where I was coming from. And it's little shortsighted to rule out everything from Marvel. Like I said doesn't matter what IP it comes from if they make an excellent ride that is ALL that matters. Don't care if it's the smurfs, Marvel, or Bedknobs and broomsticks.

doctornick

I've got to admit that I'm absolutely flabbergasted and confused as to what the theme for this additional ride could possibly be. My most recent best guess was a copy of the POTC ride from Shanghai which would have ticked off all of the boxes about what we know (large family friendly E-ticket, possible would need details to be worked out with the partners in China who paid for development/possibly exclusivity, would generate debate over having a different POTC ride in a different park).... but then @marni1971 indicates that there is not a warter ride being planned, which eliminates that.

Did we definitively rule out Indiana Jones? I'm not sure if it was eliminated, but feel like it was at some point recently. Don't think it would be too controversial of a choice, however, if that were the theme.

So, now I'm thinking more that it is an outside IP. But, if so, I find that absolutely crazy that Disney would spend money to license an outside property when they have so many underused/unused things in house available. I mean, sure, something like LOTR would be potentially cool for a theme park, but Disney has their own medieval/magic type options they could use in that vein (I mean, we've already mentioned having a villains ride in this thread, for example).

I'm so befuddled and intrigued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom