So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Next Big Thing

The only big outside IPs I can think of left for theme park use are James Bond, LotR, and Star Trek.

I can't see Trek as it would cause confusion with Star Wars so if it happens to be an outside IP, I'm putting my money on either Bond or LotR.

I doubt it's either, though.

HauntedMansionFLA

I would personally love echo lake to go away if you ever just stand there and look at it its a huge chunk of land. The area from the frozen Coke stand all the way to old Indy smoke section is a pretty decent size of land not to mention from Hyperion back to 50s prime time basically all that land used for is smoking section ducks swimming in pond, gerties which is open seasonally and closes early, and min and bills; which in that huge plot of land they can easily put a qs location to replace min and bills and still have a ton of land for something else even if it's small. DHS is very good at wasting space.
If echo stays, can there be some type of water show like over at DAK (TOL awakenings) at various times at night?

Thanks phoenicians

Put me in under the new ip category. Not marvel, not Pixar, and probably not licasfilm leaves Walt Disney animation but I'm not sure which ip they'd use from that collection.

MagicHappens1971

It was said it's going to be controversial and most likely something Disney doesn't own yet. Which rules out Zootopia and Frozen. The powers that be at WDW must not see the need for any big Zootopia presence as Nick and Judy still don't have a meet and greet, but they meet daily at DCA. :/

HauntedMansionFLA

It was said it's going to be controversial and most likely something Disney doesn't own yet. Which rules out Zootopia and Frozen. The powers that be at WDW must not see the need for any big Zootopia presence as Nick and Judy still don't have a meet and greet, but they meet daily at DCA. :/
I watched Zootopia last night. Very average movie, forgettable - not worthy of an attraction. Maybe a meet and greet.

SosoDude

Here are a few IP's that could cause a lot of "discussion":

LOTR
Twilight
Zorro
James Bond
Smurfs
War Hammer
Star Trek
Wizard of Oz
TMNT
Aliens vs. Predator

Some of these may be owned by other companies, just spit balling a few ideas....

MOXOMUMD

No. It's been stated that this IP will have a dedicated E-Ticket attraction which isn't going to go on Sunset Boulevard.

I can't see one IP getting a big attraction plus being the replacement theme for RnRC down the line.
Thanks, I missed that fact somewhere.

DinoInstitute

Maybe they can use it for another fountain show? Or no. They have fantasmic...
That's not a bad idea. They have no parade at the park, so some sort of daytime lake performance of some sort would be nice.
The only big outside IPs I can think of left for theme park use are James Bond, LotR, and Star Trek.

I can't see Trek as it would cause confusion with Star Wars so if it happens to be an outside IP, I'm putting my money on either Bond or LotR.

I doubt it's either, though.
I don't see either of those two either. I feel like it's been said that the Tolkien family doesn't want Disney to do an attraction for it. And for Bond, as awesome an addition that could be, I feel like it would make a better thrill ride than a family friendly e-ticket.

But we already have Fantasmic. Another water show there? Too repetitive.
Fantastic isn't really primarily water based like RoL will be. I don't think it would be all that repetitive, especially is its a different style of entertainment if that makes sense.

DHSCM

That's not a bad idea. They have no parade at the park, so some sort of daytime lake performance of some sort would be nice.

I don't see either of those two either. I feel like it's been said that the Tolkien family doesn't want Disney to do an attraction for it. And for Bond, as awesome an addition that could be, I feel like it would make a better thrill ride than a family friendly e-ticket.

Fantastic isn't really primarily water based like RoL will be. I don't think it would be all that repetitive, especially is its a different style of entertainment if that makes sense.
They all ready have a daytime entertainment show in the Star Wars stage show and the citizens of Hollywood. Of course one has to wonder how long the stage show will last, personally I'm over it. It was cute in the beginning but it's mostly video clips with a few exciting things here and there with pyro not to mention takes up a huge portion of the hub. I wouldn't be sad to see it go. I thought if they got rid of the show and put the dessert party up on the little platform that used to be the shop under the hat they can still have plenty of space for other guests plus not have the stage be blocking people's view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom