So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

MagicHappens1971

Are the DHS budget and the Epcot budget dependent of each other, or are they split from the same pot? Meaning, if some of the stuff was cut from DHS (phases 3 &4) would that be because of those monies being reallocated to the Epcot FW stuff?
I don't know the details specifically, but I know MK & Epcot were allotted 350m, I can't remember how much they gave DHS. 1.8billion sticks out in my brain but I'm not sure if it was that much. Edit: I did some digging in the threads, WDW as a whole was allotted 3 billion. So 350m each to Epcot & MK, and then the rest to DHS I believe. Also as previously stated budgets change, and when it comes to Disney there's always budget overruns it seems. So they may be playing it safe.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

We aren't even getting a phase 3 really. Its just an additional attraction and general updates around the park now.
I hope the general updates are good enough to cope with the large crowds Star wars land will be bringing to the park. I assume additional attractions will be added to the area once they figure out the area needs more.

P_Radden

I don't like to reveal sources, but he is high up in the imagineering structure. Last name is Conover. Some of you might even know who I am talking about.
id.png

MagicHappens1971

"Responsible for the design, development and production delivery of stage shows, parades, spectaculars and other large scale live entertainment projects for all the Disney theme parks and cruise ships around the world. Lead a team of more than 200 staff entertainment professionals, along with at least an equal number of external consultants, vendors and other collaborators - with focus on delivery of world class creative projects, on time and on budget."

Rteetz

Are the DHS budget and the Epcot budget dependent of each other, or are they split from the same pot? Meaning, if some of the stuff was cut from DHS (phases 3 &4) would that be because of those monies being reallocated to the Epcot FW stuff?
The Epcot budget would be completely separate. The Epcot budget would have to be much bigger than the previously rumored $350 million.

dm11

I wonder if it's the $350 million + extra cash allotted.
Anybody know what the $350 million was/is slated for? That was before GotG at Energy plans, right? I guess what I am asking is whether we think that money is being re-directed to that project or it is a separate budget and the original $350m is going to whatever it is going to?

MagicHappens1971

Good, don't. I just made it all up anyway. Good fun for a bit but now I am bored with it.
Sorry I just find it hard to believe that you just joined the forums two weeks ago compared to the credible insiders that have been here for years, and now you just joined and you claim to have inside information.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Anybody know what the $350 million was/is slated for? That was before GotG at Energy plans, right? I guess what I am asking is whether we think that money is being re-directed to that project or it is a separate budget and the original $350m is going to whatever it is going to?
I don't think it was ever mentioned what it was slated for, MK was allotted $350m a well and I don't think anyone knows what it was slated for.

Variable

Sorry I just find it hard to believe that you just joined the forums two weeks ago and already have insider info

Jake, think about what you just wrote. You're equating joining forum with ACQUIRING inside info. People with inside info don't get it from forums, they get it fro inside. They join forums to disseminate the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom