So, what IS wrong with Space Mountain?

EpcotServo

HKDL has IMHO the best Space Mountain in the world right now.

While the track layout and score are identical to DL's (and TDL's too), it has added show scenes and effects (some that I believe, and have been told, were installed in Anaheim but don't operate for one reason or another).

DLP's would be the best in the world, as it's actually a thrill ride and looks so cool, but they kind of ruined it by destroying the storyline and replacing a perfectly synchonized classical score with a techno type score ... not to mention the fact you'll suffer a brain injury from riding because it is so rough and needs major work.

Still a great attraction, but oh the pain!

I think HKDL's load area and rockets look pretty mediocre though.

EpcotServo

The load area is nothing special, but it's not crap either.

And the purple rockets are kewl!

Great ride.

I'll give you Load being cooler than WDW's, but Disneyland's is the best Space Mountain load. (DLP and Tokyo notwithstanding, Tokyo's looks pretty awesome now.)

I think the light-blue-black-and-orange is a better rocket color scheme too.
:sohappy:

Bottom line:

I WANT MY NEW SPACE MOUNTAIN!
:cry:

Tornado

I took some first timers to WDW in 2006, and made the mistake of going to Mk toward the end of the holiday, after we'd be to DHS, IOA etc, and Space Mountain was slated by them as it felt "old" and "about to fall apart". I unfortunately agree with them, it definatly needs some TLC, a track replace wouldn't hurt, as long as they ratain the layout, the blue tunnel and the single seater cars.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DLP's would be the best in the world, as it's actually a thrill ride and looks so cool, but they kind of ruined it by destroying the storyline and replacing a perfectly synchonized classical score with a techno type score ... not to mention the fact you'll suffer a brain injury from riding because it is so rough and needs major work.

Still a great attraction, but oh the pain!

Very very true. Version 1 in it's early (pre-pain) years was incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom