So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

Mickeyboof

Does Disneyland have these immersive patio umbrellas like DHS?

Attachments

• 10FF119D-7D69-4F9F-B2ED-5E5E0E9F4326.png
    10FF119D-7D69-4F9F-B2ED-5E5E0E9F4326.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 238

TP2000

Is that a bowl of corn flakes? What's the significance there? (Full Disclosure: I can be dense sometimes)
I don't get it either 😆
You're not the only one. I've been searching my brain for Corn Flakes idioms or clichés (and Google for cereal memes). I think if this witty reply had quoted just one of your paragraphs, not your entire post, our job would be easier.

So glad I wasn't the only one, gang!

Seriously? You people have never heard of “Who peed in your Corn Flakes”? I know it’s not just a Canadian saying.

The negativity in the SW:GE threads is on Gran Destino level lately...

Ohhh! I have heard of that, and I have some family up in British Columbia. It's just been a long time since I've heard that saying, but I think I'll start using it again now. :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy Star Wars Land once you go see it for yourself. I was a bit underwhelmed at the Disneyland copy when I went in June, as were most of the reviews I've read over on the Disneyland board here. Not disastrously bad, just kind of underwhelming and felt flat and lifeless. From our first few videos it doesn't appear the WDW management has been able to rush into production and operation any of the stuff missing from the Disneyland version; interactive droids, stunt shows, alien characters, CM's who know you crashed the Falcon, recorded music and live musicians, etc.

But maybe audience expectations will be different enough in a theme park like DHS that only has 6 other rides, compared to the expectations we had at Disneyland which is a park that has 40 other rides, that it will make a difference in how people enjoy Star Wars Land at DHS? Maybe the blue tinge to the rockwork will help? The availability of alcohol at every restaurant and snack bar at DHS instead of just the impossible-to-get-into Cantina at Disneyland?

I know for a fact that if I'd had one of those Maker's Mark Coruscant Coolers to sip on at Disneyland, I would have been having more fun! Bright Suns, indeed. :cool:

Last edited:

britain

So glad I wasn't the only one, gang!

Ohhh! I have heard of that, and I have some family up in British Columbia. It's just been a long time since I've heard that saying, but I think I'll start using it again now. :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy Star Wars Land once you go see it for yourself. I was a bit underwhelmed at the Disneyland copy when I went in June, as were most of the reviews I've read over on the Disneyland board here. Not disastrously bad, just kind of underwhelming and felt flat and lifeless. From our first few videos it doesn't appear the WDW management has been able to rush into production and operation any of the stuff missing from the Disneyland version; interactive droids, stunt shows, alien characters, CM's who know you crashed the Falcon, recorded music and live musicians, etc.

But maybe audience expectations will be different enough in a theme park like DHS that only has 6 other rides, compared to the expectations we had at Disneyland which is a park that has 40 other rides, that it will make a difference in how people enjoy Star Wars Land at DHS? Maybe the blue tinge to the rockwork will help? The availability of alcohol at every restaurant and snack bar at DHS instead of just the impossible-to-get-into Cantina at Disneyland?

I know for a fact that if I'd had one of those Coruscant Coolers with the Maker's Mark to sip on at Disneyland, I would have been having more fun! Bright Suns, indeed. :cool:

Maybe - For my family, I think DL's version was greatly assisted by the fact that a boat load of Fantasyland dark rides were right around the corner. Toy Story Land might not cut it.

TP2000

Does Disneyland have these immersive patio umbrellas like DHS?

Well, there's something the DHS version has that Disneyland doesn't. Daily downpours! It hasn't rained at Disneyland in months, and it won't rain again until November at the very earliest, January the safe bet. But to their credit, at least they make the patio umbrellas sturdy and themed to outer spaciness, instead of just buying cheaper off-the-shelf ones from a patio supply place.

TP2000

Yes, I found that arch interesting.

Also how the attachment to the wall here is placed differently, DHS for some reason has part of it on the ornamental strip.

View attachment 395447

Edit:

^ Also that cement/sculpted barrier to right is differently shaped.

Because it's taken at the same angle and in the same level of sun, that is a fabulous example of the differences in paint and color temperature between the coasts!

It also shows the difference in facing due south into the sun at Disneyland, versus due north away from the sun in DHS. And these were taken in summer within weeks of the Summer Solstice when the sun is highest in the sky. Shadows and sunlight will change drastically at DHS as winter approaches, while at Disneyland the sun will only be aimed more fully at the buildings and cliffs as the sun lowers over the next six months.

TP2000

Oh my god. This is awful.

"Bright sun-BRGITHSUN-BRIGhtsuns builders"

Oh, dear. You just have to feel sorry for those CM's, they probably don't even know. :oops:

WDI really needs to sit down the operations folks on both coasts and figure this out. And Mr. Chapek is just going to have to admit that his plan to get snack bar hostesses and shopclerks to ham it up is not really working, especially at the $200 price range they are charging.

TP2000

Oh my god the comedic timing, *epic music fades away* bright su bright suns bright suns. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

It's hysterical! I immediately slapped my hands over my eyes and could only watch through my fingers while I cringed. Bright Suns!

But the sad thing is that these CM's probably don't know how funny it is. Then they've got one main shopclerk they borrowed from the UK Pavilion at Epcot, and since he did some community theater in Sheffield he's hamming it up the best and trying to make his accent sound as "posh" as possible, as the English say. As we all know, humans in distant galaxies use a circa 1975 upper-middle class English accent. :cool:

For a $200 entry fee this presentation needs to be done by professionals, and be tighter and cleaner. God love those entry level shopclerk CM's for trying, but they need to scrap this concept and get the pros in there if they want to keep charging $200.

At this point, it's just damaging the brand of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge for them. Mr. Chapek is apparently as clueless as they say.

I bet the suits at Universal Studios are laughing their heads off at this though! :D

Last edited:

TP2000

They should just merge this thread with the one in the Disneyland forum at this point. Same people, same opinions we’ve heard for a while. Might as well consolidate and get it over with.

But where are all the TRs and personal opinions of the DHS version? It's apparently open for previews, and TDO doesn't even care that people are taking videos and photos non-stop. Which makes sense since the Disneyland copy has been open for two months already.

So where are all the WDW CM's and family members who have been to Star Wars Land at DHS to give us their opinions of the land, the Cantina, the shops, the food, the Stormtroopers, the interactive droids and flying drones, and the Millennium Falcon ride? Bright Suns!

gerarar

Premium Member
Oh my god. This is awful.

"Bright sun-BRGITHSUN-BRIGhtsuns builders"

As soon as WDI got a whiff that their actors/performers were getting the ax, they were just better off just making the whole presentation through a video-format, maybe through like a hologram or projection of some type, rather then relying on CMs for a driven-performance. They'll really save $$$ money that way!! Then they'll just have a couple CMs walking around guiding people if they need help building.

Just wise up and get Daisy/Rey to do it or someone. 💁‍♀️

eddie104

They should just merge this thread with the one in the Disneyland forum at this point. Same people, same opinions we’ve heard for a while. Might as well consolidate and get it over with.
Right like when this turn into a review thread for the land.

solidyne

Well, the "will" part of this thread's title is soon to be extinct. Could be merged with the "Differences" thread. Gee, then we'd be down to only 499 Star Wars threads!

trainplane3

Thread on this tweet is really picking apart the land but I'm really posting it for the awkward looking tile in the tunnel:

The tile is just...kinda there. It looks out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom