So resistant to change.

I feel real bad for the CM's at Jungle cruise. Saying the same cheesy lines over and over and trying to pretend you're enjoying it. I could not do it.

As for the negativity, I think some people take this site as a personal attack on many of their ideas. It is a discussion, not a place to air vendettas. Some ideas are great, some are OK, and some are bad. But just like the idea came about for Blizzard beach, someone marrying two concepts being presented, I'm sure their were OK and bad ideas there also. Some ideas are bad but the thinking behind them is headed the right direction, others can pick it up and move forward on it.

There are no bad ideas, just bad kittys.

Thanks Cartman.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just reading the thread on the new waiting system being tested, I think it's a great idea,
Seriously? It`s a mess. It was chaos this morning. As for the `entertainment` - it isn`t even Six Flags.
It's almost like people actually believe that the upper levels of Disney management sit around tables discussing how they can screw things up.
IT dosn`t take meetings for them to do it. And that`s just the things that are public.

kimmychad

just don't see a problem with fastpass. if you're in the park at a decent time you can take advantage of it and you don't wait in line. but I understand how it's simpler to wait until 3pm to get to a park and then complain theres no fastpasses left.

tirian

just don't see a problem with fastpass. if you're in the park at a decent time you can take advantage of it and you don't wait in line. but I understand how it's simpler to wait until 3pm to get to a park and then complain theres no fastpasses left.

Fastpass isn't a problem when it's used well. I love it. But I don't like how some attractions that don't need it (e.g. Toy Story MM and Buzz Lightyear) use the program. These attractions were created to swallow crowds, but the inclusion of FP slows the Standby to a crawl. It's ridiculous for TSMM to be posting a 90-minute wait when the rest of the park has waits below 10 minutes. I would add Pooh and (yes) Peter Pan to the list of attractions that had shorter waits in the days before FP. Then again, I remember 120+ waits for the JC, Space Mt, Splash Mt, BTMRR, and Test Track; FP definitely helps with those big E-tics!

I also don't like the idea being floated regarding tying your allotment of FP's to your status as a Guest, CM, on-property hotel, off-property hotel, and hotel rank. FP should be equal for everyone.

DisneyNut2007

Bad (or shall we say "Misguided"?) Changes:

• Over a DECADE of nothing new, and no standard maintenance, at the MK• The exact same day parade recycled repeatedly
• Increased ticket prices with reduced entertainment and food choices (before the recession)
• Grossly inflated hotel prices that rarely charge rack rate due to all the discounts
• Bland, generic, sometimes disgusting food choices, especially compared to the culinary delights WDW had long ago. The DDP is partly responsible
• Bland, generic, Wal-Mart-quality merchandise
• Allowing PI to fall apart instead of renovating it when Americans had money to spend
• Closing PI without any secure plans
• The Imagination pavilion. Once.
• A stale period for Epcot, best represented by a cardboard cutout that towered over the park's architecture for almost a decade
• The hat at the Studios
• Monsters Inc. (amusing with no repeatability factor)
• SSE's unfinished descent
• Lying about the LoW cut
• Cutting the Country Bear Christmas
• Cutting holiday decorations throughout the resort
• Cutting food portions
• Cutting menu options
• Cutting unique, resort-exclusive merchandise
• Cutting the length of hard-ticket event fireworks
• Cutting labor budgets (before the recession)
• Cutting the quality of food and candy given at hard-ticket events
• Cutting the Wonders of Life pavilion
• Cutting DVC perks
• Cutting further expansion to DAK (an entire land and nighttime entertainment)
• Cutting WDW-centric celebrations, such as...
• Ignoring WDW's 35th anniversary and almost completely ignoring Epcot's 25th
• Overbooking sit-down restaurants with the DDP
• Allowing 180 freaking days for hard-nose planners to fill the sit-down restaurants, making it impossible for first-time Guests to enjoy anything but burgers and fries
• Raising the prices of hard-ticket events to almost regular ticket prices
• Over-advertising hard-ticket events, leading to immense crowds
• Forcing guests to pay for seasonal entertainment at the MK instead of including it with daily admission—like every other Disney park does
• Closing stores and attractions instead of adding to the selection
• Stitch's Great Escape
• Stitch's Dance Party
• Stitch's Christmas Dance Party (a.k.a. A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas)
• Closing every attraction that made Main Street a land and reducing it to a shopping strip
• Allowing outdated attractions to linger and slowly die (UoE, Drew Carey)
• Overdoing FP on attractions that would run smoother without it
• Testing the Dumbo queue system on RNR, an attraction that doesn't have anything to offer while you're waiting

The items that I highlighted in Bold are what I disagree with completely, while italicized (sp?) and Boldeditems are things that I only agree with partially.

DisneyNut2007

Well hopefully, if a rumor I've heard is true, the parrot will be gone.

Sorry, but you know darn well that Iago and Zazu are not going to be leaving the Tiki Room anytime in the future, so get it through your thick skull already!

And Pumbaas Nakasak, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is in no way, shape or form a "Dumbo-lite". And that too will not be leaving anytime in the future, either!

BigThunderMatt

You have to wonder if the internet had existed long ago, what would the discussion boards look like.

1. The internet did exist even in the early 80s in the form of Usenet groups, it was just limited to "computer nerds" that knew how to use it.

2. Most of the things you listed occurred long after the internet became mainstream and were likely being talked about on forums when they occurred. For example, the reference to Soarin'? That was like..4 years ago! Last I checked I've been using the internet since I was 11 (which, for reference was 13 years ago).

rickmusic53

It amazes me how resistant people here are to change. Just reading the thread on the new waiting system being tested, I think it's a great idea, but there is so much negativity and how it will never work and a bad idea.

You have to wonder if the internet had existed long ago, what would the discussion boards look like.

- They're planning on building another park called Epcot??? It's going to be really confusing and will never work.

- So Epcot is going to have a theme in one part of the park, and a completel different one in another part of the park, it will never work.

- They're going to add a ride from California Adventure to the Land, they're going to mess up the whole Land Pavilion, it'll never work.

- Another hotel, it's getting way too complicated here, it'll never work.

- Fastpass system, way too complicated, it'll never work (for some reason, still up for debate, but for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would think fastpass is a bad idea)

- They're doing away with the A-E ticket system, that will be so confusing and will never work.

- Yet another park, devoted to movies, it'll never work.

- Now a Disney Zoo, it'll never work.

- They are going to make a change to ride x, how dare they do that to try and make it better.

- Now Disney is going to build cruise ships, what a dumb idea, it'll never work.

- Vacation packages, multi-day tickets, park-hopping, WAY too complicated, it'll never work.

- A ride based on Song of the South, it'll never work.

- Free transportation service from the airport, way too complicated, it'll never work.

- A new ride based on cars replacing the World of Motion, it won't be popular, it'll never work.

As much as people on here complain about those who think Disney can do no wrong, there are just as many who think that they can do no right...yet for some reason they keep going back, year after year.

I just wonder if I'm in the minority who feel the place gets better and better, and that change usually results in improvement.

It's almost like people actually believe that the upper levels of Disney management sit around tables discussing how they can screw things up.
I agree with you 100 percent. I think it gets better and better. My wife is slowly becoming disabled and the one thing she loves to do in the life is go to Disney World. She becomes more crippled each year and each year I take her back and I watch the little girl in her shine through. I truly wish these people on here who do nothing but complain and whine would never return to Disney World. Go to Six Flags. There you'll really have something to cry about.

Wilt Dasney

- They're going to add a ride from California Adventure to the Land, they're going to mess up the whole Land Pavilion, it'll never work.
Grizz? :lookaroun

Seriously, that's pretty much the type of thing that was said on these boards when Soarin' was installed.

Phonedave

I am not resistant to change.

In fact very often I side with Disney when they make changes.

However, to spend all this money, time, resources, and effort to - quite frankly satisfy people who are too freaking lazy to wait in line and have to short an attention span to amuse themselves for more than 5 minutes - while there are glaring deficiencies in every park in WDW, is just a case of misappropriated resources.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom