So out of curiousity on your trip where have you booked for breakfast, lunch , etc.?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in..I just called a little while ago to book another breakfast..first at chef mickeys which time given was 10:00 in the morning..which i thought was good and crystal palace i really had many choices..I was asked what time I would like...9 am in the morn...which I was surprised tht i had a big choice to chose from...I ended up canceling storybook breakfast in norway..i just have'nt read great reviews.... but anyway I really did'nt think i'd have that much of a choice considering i'm 36 .............yes 36 days away from our trip!!!

anyone have good luck calling for reservations close to thedate of your trip???

Also out of curiousity where has everyone booked for their reservations while on their vacation??
me: MNSSHP, , BBB(princess thing at downtown)chef mickey's,
cindy's royal table and liberty tree tavern, crytal palace,,,,

Boardwalk Joe's

Couldnt get a ressie at California Grill so I opted for Narcoossee's. Gonna try to book Cali Grill the 2nd night...
Other than that I leave breakfast and lunch open, except on the last day we always eat an early lunch at the b\Brewery, do a little MGM and then leave for home.

Yellow Strap

We got a Coral Reef our first night in for dinner. Then on our thrid day we have the Ohana Breakfast and Chef Mickeys Dinner buffet on our 4th night.

E_Blackadder

Where to begin...we're 45 days away and we are going to the following:
California Grill, Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe, Hollywood Brown Derby (1st time), Alfredo's, Artist Point (1st time) & Cinderella's Royal Table. Yikes, you can tell we're on the dining plan. There goes the diet, I should gain a good 10 pounds! :)

CoffeeJedi

day 1, arrival: Corral Reef, dinner
day 2: Boma, dinner
day 3: Marakesh (Morocco), lunch
day 4: Sci Fi Dine In, dinner
day 5: Ohana, late dinner

Quite frankly, i don't really see why breakfast is such a big deal. I'm good with a bagel and a cup of coffee. I'd rather save my meal credits for steak and seafood at dinner.

JCorduroy

We're staying a weekend in September and I just realized I haven't made reservations! :hammer:

Thanks for posting the topic - I'm going to take care of it right now. :)

isitingood

I didn't even need a res. for Chef Mickey's. I went at 7.15 am on a sat and I was seated within 5 min. Also 1900 park fare I was able to get anytime I wanted

fredtom

We’ll be on the DDP for the first time, and most of our lunches will be counter service. Also, the F&W Festival begins a few days before the end of our stay... So, I’m sure we’ll be snacking there as well. This is exciting… We're 42 days away!!!
Here are our reserved seating dinners:

Cap’n Jack’s
Raglan Road (first time)
Boma
Concourse Steakhouse (first time)
Jiko
Flying Fish Café
Les Chefs de France (lunch)
Portobello Yacht Club
California Grill
<O:p</O:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st2:middlename>San Angel I</st2:middlename><st2:Sn>nn</st2:Sn></ST1:p
“Party for the Senses” (first time)

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

tracyandalex

for our mid-december trip

day 1: whispering canyon dinner
day2: spoodles breakfast, biergarten dinner
day 3: whispering canyon breakfast, hollywood & vine dinner
day 4: roaring forks breakfast, ohana dinner
day 5: crystal palace breakfast, liberty tree tavern dinner
day 6: 1900 park fare breakfast

tracy

mac41099

Sept 2006 trip:

We are on the meal plan:
Day 1 arrival
Day 2 Chefs de France dinner
Day 3 Hollywood & Vine character breakfast
Day 4 Chef Mickey's dinner
Day 5 Boma dinner
Day 6 LeCellier lunch

Kriszee1

I have ressie's at Chef Mickey's for dinner (my son's b-day dinner) and O'hana for 1 night. Do I need ADR's for Sci-Fi if I have 4 adults and 4 kids? Are they always terribly busy? Also, I want to make reservations for Portabello's in Downtown....LOVE that restaurant, and I am very picky about my Italian food....bein' from Jersey and all.

daverube

1.) Cali Grill
2.) Chef's de France
3.) Le Cellier

On a personal note, for all of you who've booked Alfredo's, we were disappointed with our dining experience last year. I'd been a couple times before and remembered being really good. However, it didn't compare to our our meal at Chef's de France the night before. Living in a city which is known for its food, even after Katrina, we have our pick of just about any type of cuisine you can name. Chef's compares to our favorite french restaurant....and, as our local french eatery was the location of my fiancee's and my first date, it's hard to find some place as good.

We've not been to Cali or Le Cellier, but after all the rave reviews on this board (as well as my sis who went to both in May) we're looking forward to both.

Good luck,

dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
anyone have good luck calling for reservations close to thedate of your trip???
We frequently do spur of the moment unplanned weekend trips so we have literaly made reservations on the drive down to WDW and we have had a pretty good success rate. We are very flexible about the time and place we eat which greatly adds to the probability of us getting an ADR. As of late the success rate has gone down a little more than likely due to both increased park attendance and the free dinning promotions.
However, if you have your heart set on a particular restaurant and time I would highly recommend making the ADR ASAP.

mouselvrmom

We are on the dining plan. We have:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Royal Table Breakfast
Restaurant Marrakesh- though I might cancel this now
Prime Time Cafe
Crystal Palace lunch
Le Cellier
Tony's Town Square
Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Princess Storybook Breakfast
Supercalafragalistic Breakfast 1900 Park Faire
Cape May Breakfast
We love those character meals!!:sohappy:

tiggertime32408

Chef Mickey's for Breakfast (have tried for 2 years to get in for breakfast! Finally, :D yea!)
O'Hana's for dinner

Le Cellier is awesome! Went for lunch in May 06.

Lucky

We're on free dining Aug. 17-25. Our sit-down reservations are:

1. Mama Melrose's (Fantasmic package)
2. Rose & Crown
3. Coral Reef
4. Cindy's Royale Table (breakfast)
5. Boma
6. Garden Grill
7. Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
8. Crystal Palace

We've done 2, 4, 6 and 7 previously. The others will be new to us. This list is heavy on Disney characters and other entertainment elements as we have two young kids. If I were recommending a list for my parents, it would look quite different.

young9222

Breakfast Logistics

Not to change the direction of this thread, but can anyone tell me when the buses start in the mornings? We are staying at the Caribbean Resort, but do not have a rental car. We have booked several pre-park breakfasts at the resorts (Contemporary Steakhouse, Boma, Polynesian), but I have heard the buses do not start until 8:00AM, which is much later than I would have hoped (Wanna get into the parks when they open!). If anyone can explain this or point me to a relavant thread I would appreciate it!:hammer:

col

i booked cinderellas breakfast for xmas day '05 in september last year i also booked a carriage ride for xmas eve in september last year coz dont you have to book so many days before or something like that?

i went on a wednesday to concierge at my resort and booked donalds breakfastosaurus for thursday and got a ps for 9:10am. i just thought that i would see if they had any places left and they did but i was so glad i tried coz i had so much fun and cant wait to go back.

next time i would like to try chef mickeys and some other character meals -maybe 2 each trip.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom