So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

captainkidd

Original Poster
But, with all of that being said, this site is called WDWMagic, not WDWcomplainabouteverythingthatisnotMagic.

Eh, in my 5,000 posts here (and I've got more than that....changed usernames years ago), I've spent more of them discussing how much I love WDW. Sadly, lately, not as much, because things haven't been as good as they once were. Not sure what else to say.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
To be completely honest, you can not like or like Disney all you want. I just originally posted a fake note to WDW with your name on it, and caught just as much doo doo for it as you are right now. My sole intent was solely to say that your comments did not make sense, and they contradicted themselves. That is it. All of the rest of the arguing has been with other people. Not even you. I was called "Dissrespectful" and "Over The Line". My initial comment was made quoting another posters comment, and giving an example of a letter that would contradict itself. That is all.

I know you love Disney, and are disappointed. That is fine. If you never miss a trip and continue visiting, great. If you never step foot on Disney property again... great. That is your choice. You are a huge WDW fan, I know this. I am too. You have been more times than I have. I know you love the place, and wish everything was roses. But it isn't, and it never will be perfect. There will always be something wrong, or broken.

But, with all of that being said, this site is called WDWMagic, not WDWcomplainabouteverythingthatisnotMagic.

Ha love the last sentence ;)

Upvote 0

rufio

No.

I think it makes perfect sense. I've explained why many times. It just doesn't make sense to the people that refuse to acknowledge WDW has any problems.

1.I've already paid for my next 2 trips. Can't get the money back. Even if I could, I wouldn't cancel. I'm looking forward to going. I just think some time away from the place might do me some good. And with any luck, in that time away, they'll make improvements where they're needed.
2.After those trips, I'm taking a year off, which for me, constitutes about 3 trips.

And like I said, after your initial few comments, it started to make some sense, though I'm still not completely sure what you intend to accomplish by not going.

For your sake, I hope they do fix everything during your year off, though I wouldn't hold my breath for the Yeti.

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

Who are all those people? Attendance is still up over last year so it must not be that many upset guests. Do you really think you should be making observations about WDW losing magic if you've never been?

I didn't say attendance was dropping. I've never been, but if I'm on this Disney park board, along with other ones, and seeing comments from users clearly stating they won't be visiting the parks anymore, I don't think I need to go to understand that. They're telling me right there, like this thread for example. It's not just people here.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
And like I said, after your initial few comments, it started to make some sense, though I'm still not completely sure what you intend to accomplish by not going.

For your sake, I hope they do fix everything during your year off, though I wouldn't hold my breath for the Yeti.

Ever see the movie "Gangs of New York"? There's a great line in that movie:

"The world turns, but we don't feel it move. And one night you look up...one spark, and the sky's on fire."

Upvote 0

alawrence

Firstly, let me make this clear ... no need for Atlantic City terms, Im from North Jersey :). secondly, regardless of a posters feelings, everyone has the right to say how they feel. And YES I do understand differences of opinions (I have a degree in psychology) but it's just differences in opinion, something this great land is based on. (Not to mention my DH is one of those hated Homeland Security officers that make sure everyone arrives safely to their destination) I see how it ALL makes sense (thank you for pointing that out) however, all I am saying, pro or con, everyone has the right to speak their opinion, yeah or ney, the personal attacks to one's character, is hitting below the belt, especially regarding a vacation destination. Do you see how that makes sense??

Okay, I made the Atlantic City reference because your freaking profile says your from Atlantic City, not Northern New Jersey. I also stated, "No Disrespect intended." I was in no way trying to insult you or call you anything. I live in Texas, my profile states that. If you referred to something as being Western, or cowboy, or horses... longhorns... whatever, I would understand why.

I have stated 4 times now, I agree, he has every entitlement to his opinion. I do not care if I agree with him or not. Our difference in any opinion have nothing to do with my point. His comments contradicted themselves. That is it. I gave an example of how a letter to WDW with his exact comments in this post would come across as CONTRADICTORY. Period. I never attacked his character, not one time. Never hit him below the belt.

Most importantly, I applaud your husband for what he does, and congratulate you on your degree. They are both very admirable. I have no idea what they have to do with this conversation, or WDW. But, anyone that serves this country stands on very high ground in my eyes. Having completed graduate school is a very large accomplishment. Kudos to you.

Upvote 0

Jimmy Thick

Dearest Walt Disney World peoples in charge,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is James Rasputin Thick, and Iam a loyal, handsome, and financially sound man who has in the past spent thousands upon thousands of dollars staying within your magical world on my days of vacation. I adore what you offer to people like me and my family, and I cannot put into words the feelings I get when I push my muscular frame through the turnstiles for another day of countless hours of enjoyment.

But we have an issue I cannot let stand for another minute.

No, make that another second.

I post regularly at a fan site where one of my fellow posters, a gentleman captainkidd, perhaps you have heard of him and his troubles, but if not, let me relay this important indignity being transpired.

The good captain, and yes he is good, is having issues with how you run the parks, and while he will continue to spend more of his hard earned revenue towards several more vacations you offer the general public, he has decided to end his relationship with your resort located in Florida to move on to a different, more flavourful experience elsewhere. While he may pursue satiisfaction at other Disney resorts, he may also choose to spend his money elsewhere.

We my friends, if I may be so bold to call you that, cannot allow that.

So allow me the benefit of a proposition, a proposition to save our good friend, and he is good, the captain.

We must build more E-ticket attractions, one per year until the world ends or the company goes bankrupt, which ever comes first. ( See, Iam nothing if not reasonable.)

There must be a constant check on all light bulbs every second ever day. Is it possible to have a crack-team of people who sole responsibilty is to scour the resort in search of burnt out bulbs? Can your Imagineers configure a utility belt where extra bulbs can be stored just in case, or is that too close to breaching the Marvel contract? My initial thought was to call this crack-team the Avengers in the spirit of your new successful franchise, but we don't want any possible litigation.

What is the current status of the Yeti? Is it ever going to be funcitional as it was in the past? Can we not install a rope and pulley system to move the hand at least to make it look operational? Would that disrupt the budget?

Is it too much to ask that we have better mantainence on all attractions the good captain, and he is good, currently enjoys?

And finally, can we offer severe punishment to people who break the Disney World laws, like smokers or people who use flash photography on rides? Iam will to offer my elbows if need be if, and only if it keeps us in the good graces of the good captain, and he is good. I will ask for no reimbursement as not to dent your precise bottom line.

Please my friends, lets make this decision swift, lets do whats right, to keep your fanbase where it belongs.

Always thankful.

Jimmy Thick

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Okay, I made the Atlantic City reference because your freaking profile says your from Atlantic City, not Northern New Jersey. I also stated, "No Disrespect intended." I was in no way trying to insult you or call you anything. I live in Texas, my profile states that. If you referred to something as being Western, or cowboy, or horses... longhorns... whatever, I would understand why.

I have stated 4 times now, I agree, he has every entitlement to his opinion. I do not care if I agree with him or not. Our difference in any opinion have nothing to do with my point. His comments contradicted themselves. That is it. I gave an example of how a letter to WDW with his exact comments in this post would come across as CONTRADICTORY. Period. I never attacked his character, not one time. Never hit him below the belt.

Most importantly, I applaud your husband for what he does, and congratulate you on your degree. They are both very admirable. I have no idea what they have to do with this conversation, or WDW. But, anyone that serves this country stands on very high ground in my eyes. Having completed graduate school is a very large accomplishment. Kudos to you.
See, that may be a difference we have, I would never stoop as low as *try* to make a comment based on where you live but like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions :) Have a terrific day!!!

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I didn't say attendance was dropping. I've never been, but if I'm on this Disney park board, along with other ones, and seeing comments from users clearly stating they won't be visiting the parks anymore, I don't think I need to go to understand that. They're telling me right there. It's not just people here.
Or you're paying attention to a few people saying the same stuff over and and who make up a small percentage of people on the forum which makes a miniscule percentage of the people visiting WDW! Let's keep some perspective on the numbers. :)

While there are issues that need to be worked on and updates to be done, that doesn't mean it's as bad as some people here want them to be.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
While there are issues that need to be worked on and updates to be done, that doesn't mean it's as bad as some people here want them to be.

For the record, I don't think it's as bad as some people (probably myself included), make it out to be. It's just more noticeable because it's Disney World, and for years, has truly been the most magical place on Earth. But the fact is, even the most die-hard of us fans has to see, there are problems. One big one I left off the list - Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is James Rasputin Thick, and Iam a loyal, handsome, and financially sound man who has in the past spent thousands upon thousands of dollars staying within your magical world on my days of vacation. I adore what you offer to people like me and my family, and I cannot put into words the feelings I get when I push my muscular frame through the turnstiles for another day of countless hours of enjoyment.

I post regularly at a fan site where one of my fellow posters, a gentleman captainkidd, perhaps you have heard of him and his troubles, but if not, let me relay this important indignity being transpired.

The good captain, and yes he is good, is having issues with how you run the parks, and while he will continue to spend more of his hard earned revenue towards several more vacations you offer the general public, he has decided to end his relationship with your resort located in Florida to move on to a different, more flavourful experience elsewhere. While he may pursue satiisfaction at other Disney resorts, he may also choose to spend his money elsewhere.

So allow me the benefit of a proposition, a proposition to save our good friend, and he is good, the captain.

We must build more E-ticket attractions, one per year until the world ends or the company goes bankrupt, which ever comes first. ( See, Iam nothing if not reasonable.)

There must be a constant check on all light bulbs every second ever day. Is it possible to have a crack-team of people who sole responsibilty is to scour the resort in search of burnt out bulbs? Can your Imagineers configure a utility belt where extra bulbs can be stored just in case, or is that too close to breaching the Marvel contract? My initial thought was to call this crack-team the Avengers in the spirit of your new successful franchise, but we don't want any possible litigation.

What is the current status of the Yeti? Is it ever going to be funcitional as it was in the past? Can we not install a rope and pulley system to move the hand at least to make it look operational? Would that disrupt the budget?

Is it too much to ask that we have better mantainence on all attractions the good captain, and he is good, currently enjoys?

And finally, can we offer severe punishment to people who break the Disney World laws, like smokers or people who use flash photography on rides? Iam will to offer my elbows if need be if, and only if it keeps us in the good graces of the good captain, and he is good. I will ask for no reimbursement as not to dent your precise bottom line.

Please my friends, lets make this decision swift, lets do whats right, to keep your fanbase where it belongs.

Always thankful.

Jimmy Thick
Wow Jimmy! How much effort! Is there nothing on the TV!!!!! Lol!

Upvote 0

rufio

Always thankful.

Jimmy Thick

I think I love you :D

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

Or you're paying attention to a few people saying the same stuff over and and who make up a small percentage of people on the forum which makes a miniscule percentage of the people visiting WDW! Let's keep some perspective on the numbers. :)

Why would I purposely look for people who don't want to go to WDW, when I myself would like to go someday? You think I actually want to hear all these negative things about a place I'd really, really like to visit? Especially coming from a Disneylander? I'm honestly shocked at what I've been hearing. Since I've been on this site, along with others hearing what's been going on at WDW, I will say my pre-prespective on it has significantly changed.

I have no doubt in my mind the first time I visit, I'll enjoy myself. At the same time, I believe even more what I've been told about Disney West and Disney East; it's a matter of quality vs quantity.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom