So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I am not getting mad at him at all. I hope he changes his mind. He is obviously a huge Disney fan. He has been to WDW almost 30 times. But if you are so fed up that you don't want to give them your money anymore, why make three more trips before you decide to prove your point?

As I said, I already paid for annual passes, airfare and DVC rental. Changing any of those things would require some, if not a total loss. And besides, I still want to go. In fact, I can't wait to go. And believe me, I'll be going, I'm sure, in 2014. I'm simply taking a year off, and I intend on letting Disney know why. Maybe it's a waste of my time, but as a fan, it will make me feel better.

As for creating the thread for attention, not exactly. But obviously, my intent was to start a discussion. Isn't that the point of most threads on a message board?

Regarding DVC, that's something I have long admitted to not being able to make up my mind about. I never denied my confusion in regards to that.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I didn't make the analogy. I commented on it. If you weren't so quick to try and prove me wrong every chance you get, you could slow down and read the thread properly.

Why is that by the way? Did I run over your feet with my kids stroller or something?
I don't think I stated you made the analogy. I said it was not a good one as you stated. Maybe you should take your own advice about reading.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

As I said, I already paid for annual passes, airfare and DVC rental. Changing any of those things would require some, if not a total loss. And besides, I still want to go. In fact, I can't wait to go. And believe me, I'll be going, I'm sure, in 2014. I'm simply taking a year off, and I intend on letting Disney know why. Maybe it's a waste of my time, but as a fan, it will make me feel better.

As for creating the thread for attention, not exactly. But obviously, my intent was to start a discussion. Isn't that the point of most threads on a message board?

Regarding DVC, that's something I have long admitted to not being able to make up my mind about. I never denied my confusion in regards to that.

So, your "stand against WDW" really hasn't began... just scheduled for 2013... after 3 more trips.. and you'll be back in 2014. Yeah, that will show them! Way to stand up!

(now that is truly how sarcasm is done - it should be evident)

Upvote 0

alawrence

Everything is fine and well. I not mad at you for the way you feel. And, you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

I am also a annual pass holder, and a DVC member as well. I absolutely love the place. I am only frustrated with the constant negativity on a so called "fan site". It gets very old to me, as I have gotten away from this site for a long time, and cancelled my contributing membership. I have not been on here much at all for the last few months, until the last week or so.

I guess I can compare my frustration with the people here, with your disappointment with WDW.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Everything is fine and well. I not mad at you for the way you feel. And, you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

I am also a annual pass holder, and a DVC member as well. I absolutely love the place as well. I am only frustrated with the constant negativity on a so called "fan site". It gets very old to me, as I have gotten away from this site for a long time, and cancelled my contributing membership. I have not been on here much at all for the last few months. Until the last week or so.

I guess I can compare my frustration with the people here, with your disappointment with WDW.

I understand. I post on a Bon Jovi message board where there's a lot of negativity towards the band. I left for quite a while due to this. Then I just realized, people aren't crapping on the band because they don't like them. It's not as if they were trolls signing up just to trash the band. They were die-hard fans frustrated at some of the music. Just sort of clicked for me. I guess it's always easier to complain about things than praise it when you've gotten used to things having nothing wrong with them. It makes it more noticeable.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I am also a annual pass holder, and a DVC member as well. I absolutely love the place as well. I am only frustrated with the constant negativity on a so called "fan site". It gets very old to me, as I have gotten away from this site for a long time, and cancelled my contributing membership. I have not been on here much at all for the last few months. Until the last week or so.

Taking some time away from here can be eye opening. But, don't let them get you down... just pity them. And, realize it's a dozen or so posters that are continually negative, yet very vocal. They completely lose credibility for any actual complaints that have merit with all the nonsense of the minutia.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I am not blind to things said about Disney that are negative. If I was blind to negative things said about Disney I would be incapable of seeing 99.9% of your posts.

Do you have a context meter by any chance?

Seriously, if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it.

Upvote 0

alawrence

So, your "stand against WDW" really hasn't began... just scheduled for 2013... after 3 more trips.. and you'll be back in 2014. Yeah, that will show them! Way to stand up!

(now that is truly how sarcasm is done - it should be evident)

Kind of what I was implying in my forged letter that has been such a controversy.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Taking some time away from here can be eye opening. But, don't let them get you down... just pity them. And, realize it's a dozen or so posters that are continually negative, yet very vocal. They completely lose credibility for any actual complaints that have merit with all the nonsense of the minutia.

That's your opinion. I disagree. Kumbaya, or however it's spelled.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I had to go back and re-read Captain's post. All I saw was him venting on HIS feelings. There is NOTHING wrong with that. Regardless if we agree, all the man did was say how HE felt, yet a few choose to treat his comments as if he ran over your pet or something. Come on people, we all (as much as we love Disney) have felt displeasure in one way or another from time to time. (For all of your fellow frequent disney'ers) these great lands were based on differences. Thank God we have a wonderful board like this, to express our feelings. It's not the end of the world, it's just a person's opinion, and he's entitled to that.

Upvote 0

rufio

I had to go back and re-read Captain's post. All I saw was him venting on HIS feelings. There is NOTHING wrong with that. Regardless if we agree, all the man did was say how HE felt, yet a few choose to treat his comments as if he ran over your pet or something. Come on people, we all (as much as we love Disney) have felt displeasure in one way or another from time to time. (For all of your fellow frequent disney'ers) these great lands were based on differences. Thank God we have a wonderful board like this, to express our feelings. It's not the end of the world, it's just a person's opinion, and he's entitled to that.

I would agree with you except for the fact that the original post (as well as most of his subsequent posts) make no sense. I agree with the others who feel like he is extremely contradictory.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom