So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

captainkidd

Original Poster
The price of gas and your position on park quality are not good analogies.

I didn't make the analogy. I commented on it. If you weren't so quick to try and prove me wrong every chance you get, you could slow down and read the thread properly.

Why is that by the way? Did I run over your feet with my kids stroller or something?

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I am one of a few who think Eisner did some great things for Disney.... however, let me reply to Captain's original post, as positively as I can. I see your point, when referring to several things that are "not so right in [the world]", yes... there are many things that should be fixed? But consider this, this is a vacation destination that is open every day of the year, and has thousands upon thousands of visitors every day . The minute details, tend to get overlooked, due to other venues, either for financial or security interests. Personally, I just can't see why light bulbs being out, etc., can ruin someone's vacation, but again, that's just me. In short, Disney, is Disney, and I can understand frustrations you have (I don't consider it anger, disappointment maybe??) and some things may need some attention, but it seems to me, that the situations you bring up, wouldn't spoil most people's experiences. However, you are 100% in the right to voice your opinions, and any name calling or attack on you personally, is unwarranted. I am sorry you are unhappy, but certainly in your right, to complain, and entitled to your opinion. Again, I am sorry you feel the way you do, but this, being a Disney fan board, you have to expect some rebuttal. I wish you well and hope your next vacation is spectacular!

Upvote 0

alawrence

My apologies, but your original post and the posts you've made in response to others are incongruous.

• On one hand you're planning to write to Disney to let them know you've entirely cancelled your August trip next year because of their "utter indifference", on the other you're going ahead with two trips in the interim and "still love WDW and will definitely be going back".
  • On one hand you're "left ... cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts", on the other you're "certainly not giving up on WDW. It's still my favorite place in the world."
You go on to suggest that "Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve." Um, follow suit with what, exactly?

You're not the only one perplexed here... :rolleyes:

Dear Walt Disney World,

I am very disappointed in several things that you do, or I guess a better way to put it is "What You Do Not Do." As a result, as soon as I stay two more times at Walt Disney World, in Deluxe accommodations, wait for my annual passes to expire, and then travel across the country to visit Disneyland, I will no longer visit any of your parks. I swear.

Unless I finally decide to purchase DVC on the resale market.

Sincerely,

Captainkidd

Upvote 0

wendysue

Geez....you made your point. Alot of us agree with you, but you're never going to get the last word in this argument. Just make your own point to Disney with not spending your money at WDW. Personally, the entire rest of my family, (12 people) have decided that WDW is now too expensive and are going elsewhere, so I do think that many people are feeling the pinch of their vacation dollars. Even if Disney DOES notice, they will never acknowledge it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I am one of a few who think Eisner did some great things for Disney.... however, let me reply to Captain's original post, as positively as I can. I see your point, when referring to several things that are "not so right in [the world]", yes... there are many things that should be fixed? But consider this, this is a vacation destination that is open every day of the year, and has thousands upon thousands of visitors every day . The minute details, tend to get overlooked, due to other venues, either for financial or security interests. Personally, I just can't see why light bulbs being out, etc., can ruin someone's vacation, but again, that's just me. In short, Disney, is Disney, and I can understand frustrations you have (I don't consider it anger, disappointment maybe??) and some things may need some attention, but it seems to me, that the situations you bring up, wouldn't spoil most people's experiences. However, you are 100% in the right to voice your opinions, and any name calling or attack on you personally, is unwarranted. I am sorry you are unhappy, but certainly in your right, to complain, and entitled to your opinion. Again, I am sorry you feel the way you do, but this, being a Disney fan board, you have to expect some rebuttal. I wish you well and hope your next vacation is spectacular!

Oh, don't get me wrong. These things don't spoil or ruin the vacation for me. We're leaving in 20 days, and I can't wait!!! We'll have an awesome time as always. The lightbulb thing at the GF was a weird thing for me. We stayed there last year, and it was the first time the entire family went. I bragged about how awesome it was and finally convinced my wife to give it a shot. When coming back on the boat from the MK the 1st night, we noticed literally, more than half of the lights on Narcoosee's were out. By the end of the week, they hadn't been fixed yet. It didn't "ruin" anything, but I thought to myself, "Really? Blown out bulbs on the flagship resort?" I remember watching a special about the history of Disneyland and how Walt was such a stickler for details, and he would demand bulbs be checked nightly to make sure they all worked. I don't like to go down the "What would Walt have done?" path, as I didn't know the man, and it's a moot point. However, it just shows me, that clearly, things that the company USED to care so much about that separated it from other parks, they don't seem as concerned with anymore. I really don't know how else to explain it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Geez....you made your point. Alot of us agree with you, but you're never going to get the last word in this argument. Just make your own point to Disney with not spending your money at WDW. Personally, the entire rest of my family, (12 people) have decided that WDW is now too expensive and are going elsewhere, so I do think that many people are feeling the pinch of their vacation dollars. Even if Disney DOES notice, they will never acknowledge it.

You're right. Sorry. Just thought I'd share my feelings, but as someone else said, some people simply will not allow you to have any negative feelings about WDW. Oh well, as I said, it takes all kinds to make the word go round.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Oh, don't get me wrong. These things don't spoil or ruin the vacation for me. We're leaving in 20 days, and I can't wait!!! We'll have an awesome time as always. The lightbulb thing at the GF was a weird thing for me. We stayed there last year, and it was the first time the entire family went. I bragged about how awesome it was and finally convinced my wife to give it a shot. When coming back on the boat from the MK the 1st night, we noticed literally, more than half of the lights on Narcoosee's were out. By the end of the week, they hadn't been fixed yet. It didn't "ruin" anything, but I thought to myself, "Really? Blown out bulbs on the flagship resort?" I remember watching a special about the history of Disneyland and how Walt was such a stickler for details, and he would demand bulbs be checked nightly to make sure they all worked. I don't like to go down the "What would Walt have done?" path, as I didn't know the man, and it's a moot point. However, it just shows me, that clearly, things that the company USED to care so much about that separated it from other parks, they don't seem as concerned with anymore. I really don't know how else to explain it.
And again, I understand your disappointment, and you have every right to post your feelings. The attack on your character is what I have a problem with, (Im sure I will get attacked now and really don't care), but I do wish you the best of times on your next visit :)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Dear Walt Disney World,

I am very disappointed in several things that you do, or I guess a better way to put it is "What You Do Not Do." As a result, as soon as I stay two more times at Walt Disney World, in Deluxe accommodations, wait for my annual passes to expire, and then travel across the country to visit Disneyland, I will no longer visit any of your parks. I swear.

Sincerely,

Captainkidd

Thank you for putting all those words into my mouth, but I just had lunch and I'm stuffed!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
And again, I understand your disappointment, and you have every right to post your feelings. The attack on your character is what I have a problem with, (Im sure I will get attacked now and really don't care), but I do wish you the best of times on your next visit :)

Thank you for the kind words. The character attacks don't bother me. They come from the same handful of people and as my Dad always told me, "Consider the Source."

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Dear Walt Disney World,

Sincerely,

Captainkidd
I'm sorry but that wasn't called for, just because someone speaks their minds, doesn't warrant this

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Actually that is not a true statement. I guess it takes the immature among us to point out that this forum is not a democracy. You have no freedom of speech here. You have only the speech that is allowed in the TOS.

Someone getting lambasted for deciding to voice their opinons is immature, the comment was snide..and yes you are free to post what you want, if you dont mind the repercussions of those words. You dont have to agree with Captain, I certainly dont see the doom and gloom that some here discuss daily....and I have been to DW more times than I can count. Rosa Parks certainly didnt expect what she did to catapult a nation into change..

Upvote 0

alawrence

I'm sorry but that wasn't called for, just because someone speaks their minds, doesn't warrant this

I do not know what makes that uncalled for. I am merely demonstrating how this post does not make any sense. If the mock letter is uncalled for, think that the thread is more uncalled for, and it was created for attention, and argument. *In my opinion. (If you sat that, I guess things go over smoother because everyone is entitled to one.) I guess it worked.

Go and read some of the DVC threads started by the same user.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I do not know what makes that uncalled for. I am merely demonstrating how this post does not make any sense. If the mock letter is uncalled for, think that the thread is more uncalled for, and it was created for attention, and argument. *In my opinion. (If you sat that, I guess things go over smoother because everyone is entitled to one.) I guess it worked.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, agreed, but to write something *from* another member, I found distasteful, but there again, is MY opinion :)

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

How doesn't it make sense? The OP stated his trips to WDW will be shortened due to the fact that no one cares about the quality of the parks and nothing has changed or probably will change. What about that is nonsensical?

Upvote 0

alawrence

I am going quit drinking when I have emptied my liquor cabinet. Does that make sense? I am going to stop gambling when I am broke. Does that?

If you are so fed up with the situation, quit going. Don't spend any more money. Go somewhere else over your next three vacations. Or, start a thread on a Disney fan blog under the "Trip Planning" section.

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

He said he wasn't going anymore, besides the one last trip because he already paid for the tickets. In fact, he said in his post he WON'T be going anymore and he WILL be paying his money for other vacation destinations. Why are people getting mad at him for this? That's what doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

alawrence

I am not getting mad at him at all. I hope he changes his mind. He is obviously a huge Disney fan. He has been to WDW almost 30 times. But if you are so fed up that you don't want to give them your money anymore, why make three more trips before you decide to prove your point?

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

You can't blame the man. Based on what I've heard, the resort is in bad shape and a lot of the fans don't take pride in their home resort, which is sad. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't change his mind, not to mention he's going to Disneyland next year.

He already paid for the tickets before he made this decision. Why waste the money? If I already paid for some tickets to WDW, best believe I would still be going too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom