So-long stupid Noodle Station!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
From touringplans.com :

Update: Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe opens Aug 13th

The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station will close on August 11 and then reopen on August 13 as the Tomorrowland Terrace Café, a Table Service restaurant serving a dinner buffet.

The revised location will be open through October 5 (excluding September 2 - 16) from 5 - 9 pm. This location will not offer advance reservation throuh Disney Dining (407-WDW-DINE) but reservations will be available at the Tomorrowland Terrace Café podium as well as the Plaza Restaurant podium.

The menu items will include salads, pastas, stir-fry, desserts and a carving station. The buffet price is $28.99 for Adults and $13.99 for children 3-9.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Will it too only be open every third tuesday following a full moon ?

Or is this going to be fully staffed?

raven

The menu items will include salads, pastas, stir-fry, desserts and a carving station. The buffet price is $28.99 for Adults and $13.99 for children 3-9.

$28.99??!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!

The place was never open anyway when I've ever been though there...no matter what the restaurant was called. Maybe this time will be different. But I'm not paying $30 to eat when I can go to another theam park for that amount.

lawyergirl77

Actually, the price actually seems to be only slightly more expensive than some of the "better" buffets around WDW. Examples:

Biergarten: $23.99 for adults (dinner)
Boma: $25.99
Crystal Palace: $27.99
:wave:

ilovepluto23

Honestly, I think that little restaurant is dead. I don't think it'll matter what they put in its place. It's never open! They do need a second restaurant in Tommorrowland though...Cosmic Ray's is too busy.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Last time they did something like this, they used Contemporary's convention dining staff to prepare the food - so it's pretty high quality, if they're going the same route as last time.

lawyergirl77

*shrug* This sounds like a pretty good idea to me, especially if the food is good! I would rather have another à la carte restaurant in the MK, but if this is decent, then it would be a welcome addition!

Has anyone heard how they're going to renovate the existing space? The layout doesn't seem conducive to a TS restaurant at all...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Maybe it's just me.. maybe i need bold text...

It'll be open every day from 5-9pm through October 5th (when they'll probably re-evaluate if it's popular enough to keep around) with the except of a period in September (which is forecasted to be super dead time).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*shrug* This sounds like a pretty good idea to me, especially if the food is good! I would rather have another à la carte restaurant in the MK, but if this is decent, then it would be a welcome addition!

Has anyone heard how they're going to renovate the existing space? The layout doesn't seem conducive to a TS restaurant at all...

Well, it's closed today and yesterday, opens tomorrow. I'm betting it will be much akin to a convention setup and they're using Contemporary's convention staff again like they did last year with El Pirata y El Perico.

They know people start to congregate in that area prior to wishes, that's why the old noodle station stayed open from 5-9, because there's guaranteed business there. I bet they're hiking the price a little because folks will pay for the seats and food.

cmatt

whaaaat?!! no noodles! but its a staple part of a students diet! :p

Hmmmm £16.50 or a meal? seems a tad expensive... :s

Shaman

Noodle Station? We're talking the open air place between Mainstreet and Tomorrowland right, passed The Plaza Restaurant? Would people pay $28.99 pp to sit in the heat and mosquitoes for fly-spoiled food and the "view"? :lookaroun

Okay maybe thats a bit harsh, I'm sure Disney has planned ahead...but I'm with lawyergirl shouldn't they renovate the space? Maybe enclose it or something....*shrug*

Noodle Station? We're talking the open air place between Mainstreet and Tomorrowland right, passed The Plaza Restaurant? Would people pay $28.99 pp to sit in the heat and mosquitoes for fly-spoiled food and the "view"? :lookaroun

Okay maybe thats a bit harsh, I'm sure Disney has planned ahead...but I'm with lawyergirl shouldn't they renovate the space? Maybe enclose it or something....*shrug*

Lets not forget people tend to use that walkway as a short cut to Tomorrowland. Also its a very very dirty environment and offers nothing remotely similar to what possibly could be a table service resturant. Can you imagine taking nice breakable plates and sit outside? Even with nice table cloths and silver ware, there is no way they can get an outside location perfectly clean. Cosmic Rays would have been a better option to make into a table service resturant. The Noodle Station would have to leave the food in the middle of the outside area? They are just asking for problems. Spoiled food equals sick guests equals no spending money. It all comes out to be a losing battle. I think the concept it good but the location leaves much to be desired.

pluto77

I liked it when it was the Plaza Pavilion, it was the only counter serivice restaurant in the Magic Kingdom that served Pizza, when it was open that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom