So, is Unleash the Villains still happening?

drew81

Looks like the 9-5 management had the collective idea that it would be a flop while entertainment and anyone paying attention knew this would be a capacity crowd.

Tomorrow would be fun to be a fly on the wall in Dan Cockrell's office. Someone needs to get fired for the operational disaster.

I'd love to know how many complaints were made at Guest Relations and how many emails/letters have already been sent to them. I'm thinking hundreds if not thousands??? If anyone hears an estimate I would love to hear the number.

luv

I'd have had to get into the park to have complained, lol. No such luck!

They must know it was a big mess. It cannot have escaped their attention...right? They have to know. I hope they do!

PhotoDave219

I just hope all the complaints don't make the high ups think people didn't like the event or want more like it.

Well for the most part, everyone has said the entertainment was fantastic.

It was operations, planning, staffing, outdoor foods, upper management and forecasting that combined for a giant s-show.

The front line cast & managers should be commended for dealing with an insane crowd without the resources they needed.

It wasn't perfect but they pulled it off

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's my understanding that operations and upper management thought this would be a flop.

Yeah, likely the same clueless suits that held the same belief of 24 hour Leap, both in Cali and WDW.
They think nothing of subjecting both their guests and Cast to this type of armature-ish staffing and planning. Disney needs to pass Special Events gauntlet to different staff members, the current group is too inept.

drkokintz

For those talking about the Hades face character, I was on a Disney cruise about 8 years ago. There was a Hercules stage show that was amazing, and during the 'intermission,' Hades did about 20 minutes of stand-up. He was incredibly funny, and very improvisational. I've always thought since then that the character and his innate dry wit (thanks mainly to Mr. Woods) would be something that had many wonderful applications.

I'm glad to see that they are using him.

asianway

For those talking about the Hades face character, I was on a Disney cruise about 8 years ago. There was a Hercules stage show that was amazing, and during the 'intermission,' Hades did about 20 minutes of stand-up. He was incredibly funny, and very improvisational. I've always thought since then that the character and his innate dry wit (thanks mainly to Mr. Woods) would be something that had many wonderful applications.

I'm glad to see that they are using him.
That was Hercules the Muse-ical, it has since been replaced by Villains Tonite which also features Hades in a comedic role.

Figments Friend

Wow....sounds like all Hell broke loose at WDW.
I was over on the West Coast at DL for their Villians event and it drew in massive crowds.
The wait for Haunted Mansion was the longest line i have ever seen anywhere...ever..!
Not sure if they hit capacity, but it definately drew in all the locals.

DL was totally prepared it seemed...although the place was packed everything from the outside looking in was operating like clockwork and people were having a great time.
It was nice to see such a huge amount of people all behaving and things having some organization. I kept wondering how things were going at DHS, as the audience at WDW is a completely different animal.
I imagined it being a little crazy....and i guess it was!

Sorry to hear about the problems.
I feel bad for the front line CMS who had to deal with the aftermath of disgruntled Guests.
Sounds like it was a nightmare for a lot of folks..in a bad way.

Last edited:

luv

Why does it always seem that all the Disney parks get better stuff and are better run than they are in Florida?

It kind of gives me hope, though. There is so much room for improvement. Maybe they'll hire someone who will shape things up. It just wouldn't be that hard! :)

jencor

I wonder if everyone had their My Magic + wrist bands it would of controlled the crowds. :)

I would be interested to hear how or what GR response is to those who complained. If maybe they took a long breath over night and decided that they had a mess and should do something.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why does it always seem that all the Disney parks get better stuff and are better run than they are in Florida?

It's not all roses in DL.. there are reports of the disorganization over there as well.. the difference was it didn't overwhelm the park as a whole like it did at DHS. The event was spread out a bit more in DLR and of course DLR has way more to do than just the limited slate that DHS has to keep crowds busy. You can hear people complain about DLR too.. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's not all roses in DL.. there are reports of the disorganization over there as well.. the difference was it didn't overwhelm the park as a whole like it did at DHS. The event was spread out a bit more in DLR and of course DLR has way more to do than just the limited slate that DHS has to keep crowds busy. You can hear people complain about DLR too.. :)
Add to that the fact that people at DLR tend to be more regular, and even when compared to WDW regulars, are more used to seeing that park packed to the gills during special events...

The park packed to the gills...something you rarely see at HS.

GiveMeTheMusic

The biggest issue at DLR was traffic gridlock and parking constraints. Inside the park it was packed, but not unworkable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom