So, is Unleash the Villains still happening?

Witchy Chick

Other musings......

I was at DHS this morning for rope drop (since I did ONE ride last night). To my amateur, untrained eye the park looked great. I imagine last night's event generated more trash then normal, and 6 hours (estimated?) after clearing the park things looked good.

Upon exiting DHS, I stopped in Guest Relations to compliment on the park being ready at 8am after last night's craziness. The CM who assisted me seemed confused (I guess they only get complaints). She then proceeded to write me a coupon for a free ice cream. ????? Not only are they buying off complainers, they're buying off complimenters too!!!! :facepalm:

NEL

Other musings......

I was at DHS this morning for rope drop (since I did ONE ride last night). To my amateur, untrained eye the park looked great. I imagine last night's event generated more trash then normal, and 6 hours (estimated?) after clearing the park things looked good.

Upon exiting DHS, I stopped in Guest Relations to compliment on the park being ready at 8am after last night's craziness. The CM who assisted me seemed confused (I guess they only get complaints). She then proceeded to write me a coupon for a free ice cream. ????? Not only are they buying off complainers, they're buying off complimenters too!!!! :facepalm:

Glad that DHS studios looked great. Also glad you took the time to compliment them on a job well done. I had once a similar job of "Guest Relations", in another company and industry. It gets very old to only hear complaints, you are usually trained to give people frebbies so they can shut up. So in the rare occasions some one does not make a huge scene, or actually offers a compliment, it is natural to want to offer them something as well. I would do that all the time because you felt really bad just giving these "frebbies", or aka service recovery, only to the ones that complain. Especially when you can tell many just complain and exaggerate just to get something out of the company.

Figment82

Thinking the crowds would be at May the Fourth level, and only wanting to see the fireworks, we unfortunately decided to leave the house after dinner. We entered from World Drive and made it into the toll booths just as I read online that the parking lot was closed. It wasn't too bad driving through - oddly enough the line of cars just seemingly disappeared when we got to the light on BVD.

We decided to give up and just hang out at a resort, and found BoardWalk and Yacht and Beach Club in lockdown mode. They were not at all prepared for the waves of incoming people who had been turned away from DHS - the managers and security cast we encountered were so polite but frazzled nonetheless. Even Fantasia Gardens was full. The traffic on World Drive went as far back as you could see. It was hilarious in an insane kind of way to be a part of the craziness.

I was joined by my husband and parents who weren't too keen on driving over to Epcot and making the trek, so we instead went over to DAK Lodge to enjoy some zebra domes. I so wished I had been able to watch the fireworks in person (we would've gone to the BoardWalk pathway regardless), but I have been fortunate enough to see other ones like Celebration V and the "Obama Special" so it's all good. It looks like it was complete and utter bedlam, but I'm glad so many of you were able to enjoy it! Certainly one for the history books!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Another thing that stumps me in the 'Disney it's so obvious category...'

Anyone who has seen Aladdin in DCA knows how great the Genie character is in that show. Partially due to the performers.. but in large part to the established character himself (which enable those actors..).

I see Hades in the same vein. The wit, the poking humor... the character is just interesting.. visually, psychologically, and they can be damn funny.

Why on earth are these characters not used as MCs in more things?

oh and entertainment... I can do without the 'insert random dance group' portion of the performance in every show. The dancers themselves aren't interesting.. and they aren't adding to the core of the show.. hence they're just distracting.

K thanks bye

71jason

I see Hades in the same vein. The wit, the poking humor... the character is just interesting.. visually, psychologically, and they can be damn funny.

Not sure it's even still done--helicopter moms and speshul snowflakes found it offensive--but Hades was used in just that sort of role in "Villains Tonight" on the Disney Dream. Funniest theme park show I've ever seen (including anything in the Adventurers Club or Bill & Ted).

71jason

Ummmm don't tell your friend, but I purchased the (not so) Limited Edition t-shirt at Villians in Vogue this morning. I was also told by a CM last night that the shirt would be available online until Tues. Mentioned this to DH on a call home, and he verified that both the DHS (red accents with Hades and other characters) and the DL shirt (blue accents with Maleficent and other characters) were available.

Eh,she's a CM, I'll tell her to go back.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They were very good. Nice use of "Night on Bald Mountain." However, nowhere near NYE Fantasy in the Sky, or the EPCOT 25th Anniversary, or, IMO, Pirates & Princesses or Hallowishes.

Just watching the video.. I really liked them until about 7:45 in when it hit the pirates section.. and then I think it just started to get boring/too drawn out. I really liked the first 2/3s.

Imagine if you could see the low level fireworks better without the stage and stupid hat :)

JimboJones123

I think entertainment really did a fantastic job on their part, it's a shame operations was unable to properly handle the event. I'm so glad that Entertainment brought out rare characters, heavily featured the Hercules property, and they seemed to go all out for everything considering it was a one night event. It honestly made me happy how Hades and Meg were the hosts of the event. Meg is the best and after having her removed from Fantasmic it's great to see her so prominently featured. I just hope that TDO will realize the demand for this kind of event and act on it.
This.

And maybe this will once again prove that Pandora is a waste. There are so many internal properties that are so dang under utilized.

Herc is just one.

Treasure Planet and Atlantis are RIPE for amazing attractions.

novawildcat18

Just watching the video.. I really liked them until about 7:45 in when it hit the pirates section.. and then I think it just started to get boring/too drawn out. I really liked the first 2/3s.

Imagine if you could see the low level fireworks better without the stage and stupid hat :)
Speaking of the stage, does anyone know if the stage is still up/still being used today? I didn't get a chance to make it over to DHS today.

HatboxGhost

Original Poster
My Wife and I were in HS all day and only stayed at the Villains party long enough to get the shirts and see the stage show countdown of the 13 evil ones which I thought was really exciting. We tried to go over to get pics with them but it was BEYOND packed and since the fireworks were not until 11pm and our old butts were exhausted, we decided to take off and head back to AOA which was where we actually could see some of the fireworks from the party. We did expect it to be crowded but actually being there in the middle of it all was insane.

Soarin' Over Pgh

They were also available online. Or so I was told.

Got mine Friday morning, courtesy of disney stores (constant, daily boarding- harassing) emails informing me of them being available through website.

I just wanted to throw this out there. You guys who are local really are privileged to be able to go to any park, any time you'd like. A lot of us Rizzo the rats are salivating at the thought of just popping in after work, or some weekend evening.... While we're stuck far away, in a city that currently smells like ketchup and broken dreams. I do appreciate your commentary and photos ("stop posting so many" said no one ever) and live vicariously through you.

With that said, someone please eat a dole whip for me, because I'd just about kill for one right now.

Edit for autocorrect wanting me to sound like more of an than I already am

NearTheEars

It really is quite nice to live just an hour away. 3 years ago, though, I lived way up in Ohio and had never even stepped foot in Florida. That's life I guess. We'll enjoy it while we can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom