So I'm watching the Christmas parade on TV...

aimster

Original Poster
And I noticed the arial footage of MK is OLD! You can see the 20k lagoon with SUBS GOING AROUND THE LAGOON! It's gotta be from at least 1993 since they closed the ride in 1994, right?

And then they showed a preview for Stitch's Great Escape and of course made it look like the complete opposite of the turkey it really is. Okay I still think that Stitch AA is the most awesome thing ever, but I digress.

I will admit that Chicken Little looks like it might actually be good. It's a kinda "original" story as it picks up where the old fable ends. We'll see what the final verdict is soon enough.

But... why does Disney keep putting these awful tennybopper groups that nobody has ever heard of and claiming they're "sensations" int heir parade? It really ruins it for me. I swear the performances get worse every year. Julie Andrews is honestly the only familiar face for me (besides the usual Disney characters and Kermit & Miss Piggy).

And I love how they make you think the whole thing is live. Yeah it's sunny in Orlando today.... NOT! It's cold and raining! LOL!

Okay I'm done ranting. Off to go watch the rest of the parade. :lol: :xmas:

NemoRocks78

Seized
aimster said:
And I noticed the arial footage of MK is OLD! You can see the 20k lagoon with SUBS GOING AROUND THE LAGOON! It's gotta be from at least 1993 since they closed the ride in 1994, right?

I noticed that as well. It was great to see that footage though. :D

And then they showed a preview for Stitch's Great Escape and of course made it look like the complete opposite of the turkey it really is. Okay I still think that Stitch AA is the most awesome thing ever, but I digress.

I was falling out of my chair laughing after everyone was clapping at the end. :lol:

winterparkbaby

yes it is raining in orlando today, I can tell you on the day I was there and they were taping, it was freezing. The director kept telling them, it is warm and sunny people look like your warm, no shivering. thought that was funny.

aimster

Original Poster
I admit I love me some Bear in the Big Blue House. He's so CUTE!

Man I wish that blue sky on TV was here today. But I guess we won't be seeing it until Monday. Blech.

KentB3

aimster said:

Not only that, but it also looked like some of the PARADE'S footage was recycled from last year! Either that, or my mind's playing tricks on me! If so, I find that quite disappointing!

I will admit that Chicken Little looks like it might actually be good. It's a kinda "original" story as it picks up where the old fable ends. We'll see what the final verdict is soon enough.

But... why does Disney keep putting these awful tennybopper groups that nobody has ever heard of and claiming they're "sensations" int heir parade? It really ruins it for me. I swear the performances get worse every year. Julie Andrews is honestly the only familiar face for me (besides the usual Disney characters and Kermit & Miss Piggy).

Personally, I think Jump 5 is really talented, quite underrated if you ask me! In fact, they incorporate gymnastic-type routines into their performances, which is very creative!

And I love how they make you think the whole thing is live. Yeah it's sunny in Orlando today.... NOT! It's cold and raining! LOL!

Okay I'm done ranting. Off to go watch the rest of the parade. :lol: :xmas:

LOL, that may be true but the parade is not live. It was taped on December 5, IIRC.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed your ranting, and once again, Merry Christmas! :xmas:

aimster

Original Poster
LOL, that may be true but the parade is not live. It was taped on December 5, IIRC.
I know it's not live. I said it cracks me up how they make you THINK it's live. I know it was taped 3 weeks ago. When I was a kid I always thought it was live though. I only found out it was taped weeks in advanced just a few years ago. Boy did I feel stupid! LOL!

And.. I still think Jump 5 is cheezy. I personally don't like that happy go lucky bubblegum music anymore (I outgrew it after high school which was over 10 years ago)... except when I'm at a Disney park. :)

se8472

It used to be filmed live.

I am happy to see the crush got some air time....but really, you can't expect the company to diss its own stuff. That is like talking trash about your mama in public.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Okay everyone

Let's remember that Disney has the enormous task of marketing to a very wide variety of demographics. Among the largest demographic still remains CHILDREN. So the groups you will see will continue to be groups and individuals, (for the most part), that will connect with children. As is often said when it comes to businesses like theme parks, and kiddie parks, etc., when you get the kids, you get the parents along with them.

As for the footage, I think some are being a bit too critical again of Disney. Why not just enjoy the parade. If you don't like what you are seeing, don't watch. Watch something else. I for one don't watch with THAT discerning of an eye. You see, you have to be looking for those errors in order to catch them. That tells me that you aren't watching for the pure enjoyement of the parade, but rather watching to see what you can catch that isn't "correct."

As for the early taping, let's think about that as well. Wouldn't you think it would be difficult to get all of the stars that appear on these telecasts to match their schedules? I'm thinking it would probably be impossible. How many of you have made plans for visiting family far in advance of Christmas?
And how many of you would be willing to give up that day to work on Christmas Day?

Let's all just try and enjoy the fact that we have a parade to watch from the two Parks.

I say bravo to Disney .

dmmgp2000

good parade

Overall, I thought the "parade" was pretty good this year. Disney is really taking over the American Idol kids lately. Last year they opened with Clay Aiken at the train station. This year they had both Diana DeGarmo and Kelly Clarkson. I always enjoy the Princess Medely, but I think Christy Carlson Ramano did a better job last year. Also, it was nice to see Mariah Carey, looking better than ever.

I'm glad MKT pointed out that Patrick was on the show. I saw a brief shot of him and Tifani during the Latin guy's performance (I forgot his name already, but he was good). Congrats you guys for being on National Television!!

One of the higlights for me was giving the Imagineer's some face time. That was really good and a nice tribute to everything they do for us. Thanks guys!

Merry Christmas everyone! :wave:

I thought I saw the ISTCrew (or whatever the guy with all the updates is) on their earlier. I think I just registered his avator with the guy on the parade... was he wearing green? How crazy is that...

and what was the end about??

MICKEY & BASKETBALL!?!?!? AND SHAQ??? That was a little out of place I thought, ... but whatever....

and Merry Christmas!!!

Bagheera

dmmgp2000 said:
One of the higlights for me was giving the Imagineer's some face time. That was really good and a nice tribute to everything they do for us. Thanks guys!
OK, I'm a real geek. I'm sitting there pointing out to my 6YO "That's Marc Davis and Al Bertino. Al was the model for Big Al at the Country Bear Jamboree... Oh, look! That's Joe Rohde! He's the guy behind the whole Animal Kingdom park!" The sad part is that I've got him trained to the point where he was going "wow, really?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom