So crowded right now...

DisneyGirl3820

Well, I hope things get better for you. We're crossing our fingers the crowds are out of there by the end of this weekend. It's good you have some extra days next week and HOPEFULLY this all dies down.

Minnie1976

People are saying Columbus Day, Canada Thanksgiving and Fall Break for local schools.

I really have no idea or guess on what's going on.

We leave Wednesday.
I hope the crowds go down for the rest of your trip. I know how disappointment when you go expecting it to be empty and it is packed. It happened to us one trip. Now we never know what to expect anymore.

fillerup

As locals, we're many year veterans of F&W, but I have to say we've never seen Epcot so crowded.

We go over for concerts and almost always avoid weekends unless it's a group we absolutely must see.

But this year, even on weekdays, we've been parking in the Studio lot and walking to Epcot just to avoid having to cross the entire park near closing time. That's how bad it's been.

And I don't know where all these people are coming from because cutting across the BW lot, they are half full or less.

And dare I mention - a surprising number of BTGs at the park....

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There
As locals, we're many year veterans of F&W, but I have to say we've never seen Epcot so crowded.

We go over for concerts and almost always avoid weekends unless it's a group we absolutely must see.

But this year, even on weekdays, we've been parking in the Studio lot and walking to Epcot just to avoid having to cross the entire park near closing time. That's how bad it's been.

And I don't know where all these people are coming from because cutting across the BW lot, they are half full or less.

And dare I mention - a surprising number of BTGs at the park....

There's all kinds of different groups out in the parks. Lots of church groups.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Epcot was CrAzY yesterday (Saturday). We're very good at manuvering through crowds, yet it was madness yesterday and difficult to move at all. At 8pm we decided to head to MK....on the way out, the right side switchbacks at SSE were completely full. My 21 year old daughter said that in all the years she's been coming to WDW, she's never seen it like this, and neither have I (since '73). MK was even busier, but I attributed that to the fact that the MK had been hosting MNSSHP's, Thur and Fri, so Sat was the first night for MSEP and Wishes. Either way, we've been here since Thursday, and it's been VERY busy, EVERYWHERE.

Nero the dog

I'm here at the world now. I've had many trips at this time of year and have to say I'm very surprised at how busy it is.
Our last 2 visits have been in late August, and the parks were no where near as busy as they are now.

cheezbat

So MK, Epcot, IOA, and Universal have all been really busy....and so was Sea World the two times I went this month. Craziness...
I think the nicer weather, the Halloween events, food and wine festival...and all these foreign tourists on vacation...it's just playing in to the parks staying busier longer.

Bairstow

I'm wondering if this October surge is more due to an increased interest in Halloween events at theme parks all over the country. Perhaps we're seeing an emerging trend of families traveling for Halloween like they already do for Christmas, though with shorter trips.

Britt

Yikes!! Glad Im not there for sure, and we'll make sure to X Oct out of our months to travel to WDW. LOL

Nero the dog

I'm pleased to say the first 2 days of this week have been much much quieter in the parks.
Monday at MK there where fast passes available all day for most rides. I didn't see any queue time of more than 20 mins all day.
Tuesday evening at Epcot was very pleasant. Space to walk around WS queues to the booths only a couple of people long. Soaring had a standby wait time of 15 mins at 6.25 when we entered using our fast passes. It was 60mins by the time we came out, unlucky for those that joined expecting a nice short wait.

We had been going in December for a number of years. There were very low crowds. Then 2007 we went and it was like what happen? Why are all these people here? We use to be able to know what parks to go to at what time of day. That all changed. Now when we go we have no idea what to expect. This year should be interesting.
It's the free dining that changed the crowd level. This year I will be in WDW the 1st week in December. When and if free dining ends, we'll see lower levels again. ember. Last year I went the 2nd week in December. I went in 2008 Thanksgiving week and 2009 closer to Christmas which was ok. I do whish it was lower crow levels again.

Nero the dog

Free beer would work out cheaper for Disney to provide, and would open up a whole new client base.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the place though. Imagine the carnage. All those extra jobs cleaning.
A whole new generation of customers 9 months after every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom