So crowded right now...

copcarguyp71

Looked at crowd levels today and was surprised at the high wait times. Maybe college fall breaks or long Columbus weekends but it seemed high...what a difference a month makes!

jlsHouston

I am so glad I have never been to disney when there were low crowd levels because I know if I showed up and thinking I had booked my vacation during a slow period and found lines and crowds everywhere I would be a bit torqued. Since I only go during holidays and summer vacation I just expect it to be jammed and if I find a ride with a 30 minute or less wait time, I am just tickled.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am so glad I have never been to disney when there were low crowd levels because I know if I showed up and thinking I had booked my vacation during a slow period and found lines and crowds everywhere I would be a bit torqued. Since I only go during holidays and summer vacation I just expect it to be jammed and if I find a ride with a 30 minute or less wait time, I am just tickled.

That has been our issue for the whole first week.

We are used to seeing 10-15 min wait times and walking on by cause "it's too long". Now if something has a 20 minute wait I feel like I have a horseshoe in my butt.

draybook

I almost think Disney hooked us on purpose. On our first trip in Sept of 2008, Peter Pan maxed out at 30 minutes. Yes, I said 30 minutes. Space was about 20 along with the other mountains. The rest was mostly walk on, and I mean literally walk on.

jlsHouston

ahhh
I almost think Disney hooked us on purpose. On our first trip in Sept of 2008, Peter Pan maxed out at 30 minutes. Yes, I said 30 minutes. Space was about 20 along with the other mountains. The rest was mostly walk on, and I mean literally walk on.

Ahhh yes you got spoiled.. I showed up for the first visit to WDW on July 3rd 2011...no tour groups for the most part but pretty busy the 3 days we were there...the slowest time I have visited WDW was the last weekend in October same year...I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have seen Peter Pan less than a 30-40 minute wait in 6 visits to WDW, but like I said I pretty much always show up at a peak period. In other words I have never ridden Peter Pan except with a FP....:oops:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So how are the crowds now Johnny boy? @blackthidot

I'm surprised its so crowded this time of year.
It's still straight madness T-Money.

Also if you guys read all my TRs...usually EVERYTHING is walk on. Space, Splash, Thunder all 10-15 min at most.

Soarin, always 45-60 mins but you can get FPs and return in an hour and use it.

If this was my first time experiencing Disney World...I would never ever come back. Ever.

BuddyThomas

Also if you guys read all my TRs...usually EVERYTHING is walk on. Space, Splash, Thunder all 10-15 min at most.

If this was my first time experiencing Disney World...I would never ever come back. Ever.

Yikes. I just don't know what's going on here. As my partner and I say to each other in unison every time we find a mob at an overpriced event: "WHAT recession?!?!?"

But on our most recent mobbed trip, we noticed that most of the mob did not seem to be of the American variety. That is fine of course but I just have to wonder if they are doing an insane ad blitz in Brazil and also the United Kingdom, among others.........

CaptainJackNO

We went this past Mardi Gras, a time that was listed as regular season. Ha! Should have been listed as irregular. It was like Bourbon Street Mardi gras day. It's always peak season nowadays.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Seems like a good mix of Americans and Non Americans. Lot of groups as well. Again both American and Non American.

I know I keep repeating myself here but it's almost completely unmanageable.

The ONLY reason it's somewhat manageable is because shows that hold lots of people...I enjoy. Like Muppets, HoP, CoP, Philharmagic...so we always have those to fall back on...

However, it is sort of silly when you been at MK for 5 hours and you've seen Philharmagic 4 times.

jlsHouston

Seems like a good mix of Americans and Non Americans. Lot of groups as well. Again both American and Non American.

I know I keep repeating myself here but it's almost completely unmanageable.

The ONLY reason it's somewhat manageable is because shows that hold lots of people...I enjoy. Like Muppets, HoP, CoP, Philharmagic...so we always have those to fall back on...

However, it is sort of silly when you been at MK for 5 hours and you've seen Philharmagic 4 times.

OMG tell me you are joking ?!?:eek:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OMG tell me you are joking ?!?:eek:

I really wish I was joking.

I am also aware that a small spike in attendance can seem like I am being over dramatic because of what I am used to. But there are people EVERYWHERE. Main Street is packed all day. Halloween parties are selling out on Thursday nights...

Food and Wine too. Last time I was here for F&W was Oct of 2009 and there was NOWHERE near this many people there. You can't move around without someone RIGHT in front of, beside, and behind you. There are just people hanging, standing, walking, sitting, laying ALL over ALL of Epcot.

It's so weird.

jlsHouston

I am also aware that a small spike in attendance can seem like I am being over dramatic because of what I am used to. But there are people EVERYWHERE. Main Street is packed all day. Halloween parties are selling out on Thursday nights...

Food and Wine too. Last time I was here for F&W was Oct of 2009 and there was NOWHERE near this many people there. You can't move around without someone RIGHT in front of, beside, and behind you. There are just people hanging, standing, walking, sitting, laying ALL over ALL of Epcot.

It's so weird.

Wow..I went to F&W one day , I think it was a Monday because everyone said don't go on the weekend so we didn't and it was in 2011 and it wasn't packed at all...This summer the few times I walked into Epcot it was pretty packed...actually did not go to Epcot except twice to eat but didn't do any rides or walk the world showcase because it was so hot and crowded...mostly did the pools and MK at night and disneyquest while we were there..Kids went one day to AK...Went twice in the morning and once at night to HS....Now that place was crowded too. I can only handle crowds at MK and then just barely, crowds at HS or Epcot I just run for the exit....

OswaldTheRabbit

Since the "no fast passes" thread was posted I have been watching wait times and I agree it is DEFINITELY not slow!

FP are gone really early in the morning and waits are through the roof by 10!

We were going to go this time next year..... We may be rethinking that now.

But I can't wait for you food report!

disneygirl1

No freaking way! That's insane John! @blackthidot I know we been there a few times the same week in the past. that's crazy! I get what you are saying! We had those type of waits when we were there in June, which I was expecting considering it was the summer, but WOW those waits in October of surprising to me! I hope you and Colleen are still having a great time!

willtravel

Wow..I went to F&W one day , I think it was a Monday because everyone said don't go on the weekend so we didn't and it was in 2011 and it wasn't packed at all...This summer the few times I walked into Epcot it was pretty packed...actually did not go to Epcot except twice to eat but didn't do any rides or walk the world showcase because it was so hot and crowded...mostly did the pools and MK at night and disneyquest while we were there..Kids went one day to AK...Went twice in the morning and once at night to HS....Now that place was crowded too. I can only handle crowds at MK and then just barely, crowds at HS or Epcot I just run for the exit....
Was FW crowded or just the back part at F&W?

Minnie1976

We went this past Mardi Gras, a time that was listed as regular season. Ha! Should have been listed as irregular. It was like Bourbon Street Mardi gras day. It's always peak season nowadays.
All the New Orleans natives leave and go on vacation. Our kids get a week off for Mardi Gras.

DisneyGirl3820

It's so weird.

What's your take on it? Why do you think there are so many crowds this year? We went the same week you're there a few years back and it was Heaven! We're going to WDW on Monday and your posts have me scared to death!!!!

When are you leaving?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
What's your take on it? Why do you think there are so many crowds this year? We went the same week you're there a few years back and it was Heaven! We're going to WDW on Monday and your posts have me scared to death!!!!

When are you leaving?

People are saying Columbus Day, Canada Thanksgiving and Fall Break for local schools.

I really have no idea or guess on what's going on.

We leave Wednesday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom