So crowded right now...

Epcot-Rules

This is me. If there was a way to be in the parks without them being insanely busy, know when/if those days are, I'd be far more likely to return. I get too frazzled when there's crowds. It's not fun for me. I *wish* I could enjoy myself but realize that simply won't happen. I have no idea how or if it'd ever be possible for the influx of people to subside. Even if Disney decided too many people isn't a good thing, not that they would ever do that, how would they handle this? What can they do without it turning into a PR nightmare? It is what it is.

And, ya know, I realize there's some people that the masses of people don't bother at all and they still can have a blast even if they have to wade thru a sea of people or stand 10 minutes longer in a line. I wish I could have that sort of patience!

On the cruise ships there's only a set number of people onboard. Even a sold out ship spreads people around enough that you rarely feel the masses around you. This is the biggest driving force in the shift in our vacation choices. Just sayin'....

Like back when we contemplated another baby, all it took was me remembering all the puking from DS#2. Thought gone. I read TRs. I think about going back to the parks. Then, I remember the masses of people and it's the same thing: thought gone.

I feel your pain on this one. I had to remind my wife of this 12 years ago!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here is to hoping this dies out on Tuesday. We were in MK about 8-9 hours yesterday and all we did was...

Fast Pass:
Space
Jungle
BoG Lunch

Wait In Line
Pirates
CoP
HoP

BuddyThomas

I feel your pain. It was mobbed when we were there in September. We were told that September was dead and hot but it was mobbed and scorchingly hot. We still had fun, but Sheesh, now I don't know what part of the year to go. I remember the days when October was dead and fairly pleasant weather-wise. Now that has been discovered. Apparently so has a large swatch of September, especially by our friends from Brazil. Now I hear that traditionally dead week right after Thanksgiving is mobbed. Arrggghhh.

WLBound

Was very quiet Sept 18-25 when we were there with waits averaging 20 minutes...are these kids speaking english or spanish? I know when we were there I noticed that while standing in most queues there were foreign languages in front of and behind us about 80% of the time.

Most likely Portuguese. We were there the first two weeks of September and there were huge groups from Brazil at all the parks. I think half the audience at Indiana Jones was from there.

popsicletrees

I went around this time last year, and I was so disappointed in the crowd levels. Unfortunately it did not get any better for us. A lot of schools, especially in the south, are taking a week long Fall Break because they start so early in August. The district I work in had their break last week. A friend of mine that works in a neighboring district has a break this week, and another friend has her break the following week.

Minnie1976

We had been going in December for a number of years. There were very low crowds. Then 2007 we went and it was like what happen? Why are all these people here? We use to be able to know what parks to go to at what time of day. That all changed. Now when we go we have no idea what to expect. This year should be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom