So...Can I get at least ONE Fastpass?

Should it be one Fastpass per person?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dizzney

How right you are, I like that idea!

I suually carry our five AP's and do the fast passes, I would be more worried that my 8 year old twins would leave a AP behind or the Fastpass,

It's easier to do this myself, thatn have everyone do it,

That being said, they should have lines just for tour groups or those looking for 8 or more Fastpasses, it gets crazy at some of teh distribution locations when one or two machiens are down and then you wait for people who just do not know how to do it,

I always love it though when they finally leave, you get to the amchine and they left one of their Park tickets there!

The CM's need to be proactive with some of these people...

19 days and counting!:sohappy:

wdwmomof3

For me it's a lot quicker if I get them for all five of us. I would hate to see the lines if everyone had to get their own.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'd like to see central FP distribution locations appear. Like at Epcot having FP for all the rides available from the Pin kiosks in the middle - as well as the FP machines available at the rides themselves.

I think that would solve much of the congestion issues.

Thats not near as bad as my experiance. THere was a tour gruop of Brazilians and one of the group leaders pulled out about 75 park hoppers, and yes i counted.

get in a different line....problem solved.

if the wait is an hour 20 odds our the fast pass isnt till like 7:30 anyway, why waste your whole day of faastapasses.

Is it just me or is Jimmy in love with himself a way too much?

JML42691

You aren't prevented from getting anymore for the rest of the day. You are allowed to get another after about 2-3 hours.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Especially at Sorin'. Jeeze, that Fastpass return area is a nightmare. :hammer::brick::hammer:

People blocking the fastpass entrance... waiting for their time to hit. CM's keep telling them to move to the side... or out of the way.. and the guests dont. Ugh. Its like you almost have to shove your way up to the CM.... to show him your fastpass.

We did have to shove our way up and my wife almost didn't want to go on Soarin' just because of the congestion and the way people were behaving.

This poll skirts the bigger question. Should Disney have fastpasses at all?

PigletIsMyCat

Tour groups. They need to fix that.

I was over by Soarin' last week, and decided to check out the FP return time for DH and myself. They have like, what, seven machines? Try two.

FIVE of them were being used by tour guides, each with a stack of tickets at LEAST two inches thick, and each of them having no clue how to do it.

At that point, you'd think a CM could come over and do the FP trick where they get it to print out FPs without a ticket. Or maybe have the tour groups alert Guest Services to what rides they'd like to do, say at Epcot, Soarin' and Test Track. And Guest Services could have a CM at each ride print out the 175 FPs for each ride, and the tour guides could pick them up at the predetermined time.

Or, and this is an even better idea, they could get rid of the FastPass system.

JML42691

Tour groups. They need to fix that.

I was over by Soarin' last week, and decided to check out the FP return time for DH and myself. They have like, what, seven machines? Try two.

FIVE of them were being used by tour guides, each with a stack of tickets at LEAST two inches thick, and each of them having no clue how to do it.

At that point, you'd think a CM could come over and do the FP trick where they get it to print out FPs without a ticket. Or maybe have the tour groups alert Guest Services to what rides they'd like to do, say at Epcot, Soarin' and Test Track. And Guest Services could have a CM at each ride print out the 175 FPs for each ride, and the tour guides could pick them up at the predetermined time.

Or, and this is an even better idea, they could get rid of the FastPass system.
Personally, even though it may not seem fair, tour groups should not be allowed to use FastPasses, it throws of the entire system for everybody (including themselves). Anybody else in their return time will have an unfair FP line wait time as you have an entire group of people arriving at one time, and not spread out over an hour.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I dont think tour groups led by companies outside Disney should be allowed in the parks. Their guests can enter, but they cant be guided by the tour guide.

Dubman

I dont think tour groups led by companies outside Disney should be allowed in the parks. Their guests can enter, but they cant be guided by the tour guide.

100% Agreed!! Most of these groups are adult.. Why do they have to travel in heards?? Give them all a map, translation headphones, and say meet back at the bus!! Nothing is more aggravating then walking towards a line and some guy with a flourescent flag steps in front of you and proceeds to let 30 people in front of you while blocking you with the flag like a crossing guard!!

As for the fastpass question? I have always been the one to go up and get our families fastpasses. Letting 1 person per group of 5 would be a good guideline. Have a group of 10? Send 2 up etc.. Would be impossible to enforce though..

CleveRocks

Good idea ... except for that pesky little thing I like to call the Constitution of the United States of America. Among the rights granted in the First Amendment is freedom of assembly. You aren't permitted to stop people from gathering as they want to.

Matpez

Good idea ... except for that pesky little thing I like to call the Constitution of the United States of America. Among the rights granted in the First Amendment is freedom of assembly. You aren't permitted to stop people from gathering as they want to.

Ahem.... WDW is on Private Property.

jcb7787

Hi Everyone,

I think it's finally time for my first post. As many of my friends will tell you, nothing gets me more excited than an argument over fast pass!

I personally had the pleasure of being stuck behind a "tour guide" at an Expedition Everest fast pass machine who had a stack of at least 50-75 tickets.

The more I think about fast pass the more frustrated I usually get. Now, don't get me wrong, when it's 90 degrees outside and you walk right past 500 people who have been standing in the exact same spot for the last 90 minutes and get on the ride, it's kinda nice. HOWEVER, I think the entire system would be much more efficient with ONE line and no priority boarding! I shall provide an example to back up my aimless rambling. Last year when each attraction had to close fastpass for 2-3 days to upgrade to the new fastpass tickets, there WAS only ONE line with NO priority boarding. It was absolutely amazing. We waited in standby for Peter Pan, normally 45-60 minutes on an average day. The wait time did not go past 15-20 minutes all day, and even more amazing, the Standby line constantly moved so my wait felt like nothing at all. Here comes the big one, SOARIN' no fastpass for 2 days = 20-30 minute standby ALL DAY with a constantly moving standby line! (The day before the machines went down, wait time averaged 120 minutes).

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that fastpass was not and is not for guest convenience. It is for crowd control and food and merchandise sales increase. I know it's not going anywhere, so normally you will find me in the fastpass line. It's the only way I can keep my blood pressure under control.

Nice first post huh?
Thank you!

mcranmer

My two cents...

What is the difference between having one person if front of you getting six fastpasses or six people in front of you each getting a fastpass? You still have to wait for six fastpasses to be disbursed, and most likely you would be more frustrated by all of those people in line in front of you learning how to use the system.

jcb7787

I'm perfectly fine with one person getting 4,5, even 10 fastpasses. As long as this person is the best one from the group who knows how to use the machine that a toddler could use by accident.
But please, why can't the tour groups manage on their own like big boys and girls?

JML42691

That right grants the right for assembly on Public land, and WDW and its land are privately owned. Kind of like how the right to bear arms in one of Disney's theme parks is not allowed either, because this is private land, even though this right is granted by the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom