Snow White's Scary Adventures

George Lucas on a Bench

Gut the interior.
Build four M&G rooms.
Add an inside queue area.
Add some backstage areas.

There you have it...Princess Fairytale Hall.
:rolleyes:

As opposed to a classic scary dark ride. Magic Kingdom needs all the rides it can get. Why trade one for another when you can have both? I say keep Snow White open, but I've said my goodbyes.

Lee

Adventurer
As opposed to a classic scary dark ride. Magic Kingdom needs all the rides it can get. Why trade one for another when you can have both? I say keep Snow White open, but I've said my goodbyes.
Personally, I would vote to remake the SWSA building into a whole new dark ride and move the M&G to a new, purpose-built facility somewhere out of the way.
I certainly won't miss SWSA, but I hate to give up any real estate to a M&G.

KaliSplash

My crew took a farewell ride on SWSA last month during one-day visit. It was better than I remembered. Agree with Lee that I hate to give up any ride to M&G. But it certainly doesn't make sense to have two Snow White-themed rides in the same land ine same park.

If M&G eventually moves elsewhere and we get another ride in this location in 5 years or so, so much the better. But there is no question that the new mine coaster will be a better attraction than SWSA, even if it was better than I remembered.

Horizonsfan

Personally, I would vote to remake the SWSA building into a whole new dark ride and move the M&G to a new, purpose-built facility somewhere out of the way.

I completely agree but where exactly could they add a purpose-built M&G? It seems the only real-estate left in FL is either the patch behind WTP & SWSA (which seems like it would be awkward to access) or the swampy area behind FLE, which they also didn't really leave for easy access to. There's always where Pete's silly sideshow is going but it just seems weird to shoehorn the Princesses into a Circus (Yes I realize they were in that same tent during MTTF, still...):shrug:

raven

It won't need "that" much work after it closes. They are keeping the building/structure as it is, so as far as I understand it they are just gutting the inside and slapping on a new paint-job.

With Disney, it's never that simple.

Remember that the original plans for the princess M&G were were the new coaster will stand. They couldn't just nix them alltogether so the obvious choice was where SWSA is since that theme will be covered anyway. But the coaster isn't scheduled to open until 2014 since the change was made very late and it wasn't part of the original FLE plan.

TP2000

The storage bay is setup to house 4 trains.

It is? That's good news; it means they can run up to three trains at a time, with one in rehab or ready as a spare.

It still just has the single load/unload station area, so you can't get much more than three trains going at a time. As there is not offline wheelchair loading like Disneyland's Space Mountain, three trains might even be a bit of a stretch for them, but I imagine they'll make it work.

Three trains and a 60 second dispatch interval gets them to around 1,500 per hour, best case scenario.

TP2000

Sounds like it will be an enhanced version of Barnstormer so I am not sure it needs a serious capacity on par with a D-Ticket omni. I think it will be popular especially when new but long term it doubt it will have wait times that are overwhelming.

When I made that comment about hourly capacity, I was reflecting on the other recent discussion about FLE being greenlit primarily as a way to increase Magic Kingdom's rather weak parkwide ride capacity. The higher the hourly number the Dwarf Coaster can get, the better, as seen in my post just above.

Still, it leaves MK's Fantasyland with just two remaining classic dark rides; Peter Pan and Pooh. Not much ride capacity there, and compared to Disneyland's seven classic dark rides (Peter Pan, Pooh, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinnocchio, Alice, Roger Rabbit) it's a shame to see that classic Disney park art form wither away in WDW.

On it's own, one dark ride doesn't do much for hourly ride capacity at around 600 or 700 per hour. But install seven of them in a single theme park, with two getting upwards of 1,000 per hour (Pooh and Roger) and you just gained over 4,000 riders per hour. That's like adding two big Omnimovers to a theme park!

Magic Kingdom Park needs to be adding rides to its existing roster, not just swapping out old ones for new ones in an even trade. :brick:

ncstate7991

When I made that comment about hourly capacity, I was reflecting on the other recent discussion about FLE being greenlit primarily as a way to increase Magic Kingdom's rather weak parkwide ride capacity. The higher the hourly number the Dwarf Coaster can get, the better, as seen in my post just above.

Still, it leaves MK's Fantasyland with just two remaining classic dark rides; Peter Pan and Pooh. Not much ride capacity there, and compared to Disneyland's seven classic dark rides (Peter Pan, Pooh, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinnocchio, Alice, Roger Rabbit) it's a shame to see that classic Disney park art form wither away in WDW.

On it's own, one dark ride doesn't do much for hourly ride capacity at around 600 or 700 per hour. But install seven of them in a single theme park, with two getting upwards of 1,000 per hour (Pooh and Roger) and you just gained over 4,000 riders per hour. That's like adding two big Omnimovers to a theme park!

Magic Kingdom Park needs to be adding rides to its existing roster, not just swapping out old ones for new ones in an even trade. :brick:

^^^^ This!!! Thank you. I could not have said it better myself.

TP2000

^^^^ This!!! Thank you. I could not have said it better myself.

You're welcome. :wave:

It's just basic common mathematical sense, isn't it? But also from a creative and operational perspective, the dwindling number of classic dark rides at Magic Kingdom, baffles me.

Disneyland Resort has eight of them, several from the last two decades, and WDW Resort will only have two (2) of them left by 2012. :confused:

aladdin2007

I think we all know that once they spend money to repurpose the building with meet n greet rooms etc, its going to be a good couple of decades or more before we ever see a ride in there again. Its part of the new Fantasyland and wont be going anywhere for a very long time, sadly. What a waste of perfectly good ride space (ahem Tangled, TDO, there was your chance! But no). Anyway, the dark rides are beloved out at Disneyland, not so much here. They are by us of course here in forums but to the general public I guess not. They would rather have meet n greets apparently. :brick: :shrug:

the-reason14

I don't see why they can't just either keep it, or retheme it to the Pinocchio ride or an original one. I think it's stupid to replace a ride with a rinky meet n greet. They could slap a tent anywhere and put some random princess in. It's upsetting that they're changing the ride to a meet n greet.

b94ronman

Not sure about you guys, but I have 2 girls (now age 9 & 7) and both were afraid of of snow whites scary adventure.....at first I didn't understand but when I looked at it from the eyes of a 4 year old, could see why....(my girls started going when my youngest was 3 and oldest was 4 about to turn 5) they have been there 6 times now. They rode the haunted mansion and believed it (and still do) but won't ride snow white....I'm not a fan of the attraction in general, but hate seeing it become a meet & greet...would rather it stay a ride attraction.

Spike-in-Berlin

Jumping the gun. That area won't be open that soon. Much later in the year.

I was told, a year or so ago, that such was indeed the case. Not that there are any concrete plans for the building, but that the whole thing was being done with that in mind.

No. It's much more than just an enhanced Barnstormer.
I expect 7DMR to be the new anchor of FL, and the most popular ride back there for years to come.

Why isn't it considered an E-ticket then? To short? To small? Or what is the reason? All other rollercoasters, with the exception of Barnbuster were considered E-Tickets.

Spike-in-Berlin

But that is exactly what they are doing, even with the FLE the overall addition to the roster is zero. TLM is where 20.000 LutS was and SDMTR is replacing SWSA. It's a shame that the "Expansion" is only an expansion of capacity and area, not of the number of attractions.

aladdin2007

But that is exactly what they are doing, even with the FLE the overall addition to the roster is zero. TLM is where 20.000 LutS was and SDMTR is replacing SWSA. It's a shame that the "Expansion" is only an expansion of capacity and area, not of the number of attractions.

True, well stated. And I guess Disney now considers the meet n greet as an official attraction. :brick: :snore:

NewfieFan

So, where would you put the M&G?

I don't see why they can't just either keep it, or retheme it to the Pinocchio ride or an original one. I think it's stupid to replace a ride with a rinky meet n greet. They could slap a tent anywhere and put some random princess in. It's upsetting that they're changing the ride to a meet n greet.

Sure, that will make the fanboys happy! Put up "a rinky M&G" and there would be about a million threads about how TDO is cheap, and we didn't get Princess Fairytale Hall, and it's not themed, and...

I'd love to have another ride but the Princesses need to go somewhere. Whether you like them or not doesn't change their popularity. I think this M&G will eat up a lot of folks during the day in FL. And wouldn't you want the little princesses entertained instead of running under your feet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom