Snow White's Scary Adventures Closing Date?

Epcot Dave

Original Poster
Has a closing date been announced/rumored for Snow White's Scary Adventures as part of the Fantasy Land Expansion? Is it still operating? We're heading back in Mid-June and it'd be nice to ride it one last time.

Thanks,
Dave

menamechris

Has a closing date been announced/rumored for Snow White's Scary Adventures as part of the Fantasy Land Expansion? Is it still operating? We're heading back in Mid-June and it'd be nice to ride it one last time.

Thanks,
Dave

It's still running. Rode in Saturday night, in fact. I believe the projected closing date isn't until 2012, so you will be fine.

DaGoof00

I always enjoy it as well. It will be nice to have one more ride through before it finally closes. Although, I am happy with Snow White's new home - this attraction was in dire need of an update! Makes sense to have the princess M&G so close to the castle in Fantasyland.

WDWLocal

I like the ride in all, but the carts are way to tight and uncomfortable, but yes I will be riding more now I know it's closing.

Disney61

I'm glad that it will still be open this July when we visit...although I am sad to see another childhood memory go the way of other discontinued Magic Kingdom attractions.

AEfx

I know it will never happen, but I would SO pay for a special event to walk-through before it closes.

Spike-in-Berlin

Actually it is quit a letdown, that in change for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride they scrap the Snow White Dark Ride. Of course they are very related but that reduces the addition to the attractions count at MK by the FLE to exactly ONE. Dumbo is no new attraction added, it is only doubled, the Great Goofiny is only the transformed Barnbuster. I don't consider shops, M+Gs oder restaurants an attraction, no matter how elaborate they are. The new rides are The Little Mermaid and the 7 Dwarfs coaster, but on the other Side SWSA is closed so we only get ONE attraction added to the total number of attractions in MK, which was already reduced when 20KutS was demolished. Compare that to DL and their roster.

Neverland

I know it will never happen, but I would SO pay for a special event to walk-through before it closes.

I swear, it's actually scarier with the lights on and with no sound and all the animatronics still moving. I've walked through Mansion too, but SWSA is surprisingly creepier. :dazzle:

menamechris

Actually it is quit a letdown, that in change for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride they scrap the Snow White Dark Ride. Of course they are very related but that reduces the addition to the attractions count at MK by the FLE to exactly ONE. Dumbo is no new attraction added, it is only doubled, the Great Goofiny is only the transformed Barnbuster. I don't consider shops, M+Gs oder restaurants an attraction, no matter how elaborate they are. The new rides are The Little Mermaid and the 7 Dwarfs coaster, but on the other Side SWSA is closed so we only get ONE attraction added to the total number of attractions in MK, which was already reduced when 20KutS was demolished. Compare that to DL and their roster.

This is exactly why I am not very excited about the Fantasyland expansion. I wish I was - but it doesn't seem to be adding much to actually DO. I think I will probably walk through once - say to myself "Wow, very nice...looks good". But can't imagine spending any huge amounts of time there with just 2 new rides. (And like you said, they are taking one out to put another one in).

aladdin2007

This is exactly why I am not very excited about the Fantasyland expansion. I wish I was - but it doesn't seem to be adding much to actually DO. I think I will probably walk through once - say to myself "Wow, very nice...looks good". But can't imagine spending any huge amounts of time there with just 2 new rides. (And like you said, they are taking one out to put another one in).
\

I sorta agree, I mean the best part is the added space which was so needed, the park has been bursting at the seams with people and no space. So this expansion does help with traffic flow. At the same time its things replacing things, so I dont get where any of it helps capacity of flow except mermaid will be a people eater being an omnimover compared to the slow 20,000 leagues.

Also, I know its been discussed before but is anyone else feeling the MK especially is now truly becoming princess overkill? I just read the new fairies home will be in adventureland where ariel temporarily is now. I know I know they are adding seven dwarfs mine and the circus thing, but still its like this stuff is taking over everything. mermaid, belle, princess fairytale hall, the royal dining in the castle, and now fairies in adventureland to come too.

britdaw

\

Also, I know its been discussed before but is anyone else feeling the MK especially is now truly becoming princess overkill? I just read the new fairies home will be in adventureland where ariel temporarily is now. I know I know they are adding seven dwarfs mine and the circus thing, but still its like this stuff is taking over everything. mermaid, belle, princess fairytale hall, the royal dining in the castle, and now fairies in adventureland to come too.

Yeah it does seem like a bit much, but it makes sense to have all the princess attractions near Cinderella's Castle. :) Plus, Disney makes a TON of money off all the princess merchandise and stuff, so I'm sure they're capitalizing on all that to draw more families in with their little girls.
I'm just wondering when they do a full-on big Pirate's Cove or something like that. ;)

menamechris

\Also, I know its been discussed before but is anyone else feeling the MK especially is now truly becoming princess overkill? I just read the new fairies home will be in adventureland where ariel temporarily is now. I know I know they are adding seven dwarfs mine and the circus thing, but still its like this stuff is taking over everything. mermaid, belle, princess fairytale hall, the royal dining in the castle, and now fairies in adventureland to come too.

Ya, I completly agree. But I think Disney feels the desperate need to try to keep those 50 to 60 year old films relevant to children. Without them constantly pushing them, no doubt they would be forgotten in a generation. And well, with a few exceptions, they haven't really come up with any new characters to bank and market on. Most animated films do well, but have hardly stood the test of time in the grand scheme of things.

lebeau

\

Not at all.

I'd say Disney's done a poor job of meeting demand for princesses up until now. They are finally going to be servicing one of their key demographics.

:sohappy:

Neverland

\Also, I know its been discussed before but is anyone else feeling the MK especially is now truly becoming princess overkill? I just read the new fairies home will be in adventureland where ariel temporarily is now. I know I know they are adding seven dwarfs mine and the circus thing, but still its like this stuff is taking over everything. mermaid, belle, princess fairytale hall, the royal dining in the castle, and now fairies in adventureland to come too.

I don't think so. The princess stuff is only in Fantasyland. Once new Fantasyland opens, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Main Street will all be princess-free except for Tiana and Jasmine's small m&gs. And even then, they're supposedly being put into the Fairytale Hall. The only princess things in MK will be two restaurants, two rides (and the Dwarves one is barely princessy), and three m&g spots. If you compare that to the dozens of other rides, restaurants, and m&gs in the park, that's nothing.

That said, I'm not happy about fairies in Adventureland, but girly stuff still isn't taking over the park. Every land is gender-neutral, often leaning more towards boys (Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, etc.). And even Fantasyland has Pan, Small World, Pooh, the Carousel, Philhar, Dumbo, and the teacups, and those are all pretty universally appealing. If you ask me, girly stuff isn't represented enough in MK. Currently, the only princess things in the entire park besides small m&gs are Cinderella's Royal Table and SWSA. And that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom