Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

Millionaire2K

:rolleyes:

Yes, I get that Snow White is getting a new ride. But sacrificing a ride space for a meet and greet is dumb, especially when there's a meet and greet space already in the FLE in the Circus. Or space where the Skyway station was.

I didn't want the ride to stay as is. But an new dark ride based on a different franchise is preferable to yet another meet and greet only area.

And the "museum" quote is so tiresome.:hurl:

Did they not sacrifice a meet and greet space for the new dwarf’s coaster?

Cosmic Commando

My son is going to be very, very sad. He doesn't go on the ride nearly as much as he used to, but he will definitely miss it. His current ride count is 3,315. I am sure we will be in the park that night to say goodbye to the ride.

I'm glad he has become interested in other things as well. That was literally the first thing I thought about when I heard Snow White was closing two years ago! Good luck!

captainkidd

Good riddance, I say. They never bothered to bring Snow White into the 21st century. Not surprising that it's the only dark ride in Fantasyland that hardly ever had more than a 15 minute wait.

That's part of the charm of some of Disney's attractions.

The wait time at SW was always lower because the queue was so small. Once it fills up, people just pass it by. It's not like Peter Pan or Pooh that goes on for miles.

jcldtrek

Not really opposed to snow white leaving, would have been nice though to put a different ride in the spot though. Now their gonna have that big space to say hi to the princesses. I just personally think its a waste of space for a meet and greet.

powlessfamily4

(said with EXTREME sarcasim)

Yeah I am going to miss waiting in line for the fast passes in order to ride Snow White. It was so POPULAR! To bad they are adding a crummy roller coaster to represent her instead. Oh Boo! It's not like a princess m&gs are popular and draw kids to the park, which in turns generates tons of money to fix and refurb all the rides we all love to about.

seriously?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah I am going to miss waiting in line for the fast passes in order to ride Snow White. It was so POPULAR! To bad they are adding a crummy roller coaster to represent her instead. Oh Boo! It's not like a princess m&gs are popular and draw kids to the park, which in turns generates tons of money to fix and refurb all the rides we all love to about.

seriously?
Meet n greets are among the more popular activities at WDW. Many commonly post 45-60 minute waits.

lebeau

Which Skyway station? The old FL skyway station will be new bathrooms.

The old TL skyway station got its makeover already. Do not see either of them being more than restrooms. Are you saying they will do more with either or both of them?

Drew was on here a while back saying there were rumors of a themed Tangled area being built in the old Skyway station.

midwest_mice

Original Poster
While it is disappointing that they are losing a classic dark ride, I could see them building something in there with the princesses that can be easily relocated to another section of the park in the future. The disappointing thing is they are really only going to gain one extra ride out of the FLE.
I could see in the future that they may shrink down the TommorowLand Speedyway to put in another building of sorts since part of the speedway is really in FantasyLand for maybe a future meet and greet spot instead.

Does anyone know if they plan on reopening the old walkway to Toontown behind the speedway from TommorowLand that winds around near the railroad tracks? Last month the signs on there still said Toontown Fair.

lebeau

That's because they have such a low person per hour capacity.

That's one half of the equation. But something that is unpopular isn't going to generate hour-long waits regardless of capacity. A lot of people are willing to wait in line for an hour for a 60-second interaction.

lebeau

Regardless if you want to believe it or not they are incredibly popular. Just because you do not like them does not mean that 95% of the families heading to WDW will not spend time in at least one of them.

I know I represent a very small minority on this board. But I also know I represent a much larger part of the general population when I say that these experiences are a very important part of why we go to WDW.

If there were a princess meet and greet within driving distance of my house, I would not be going to Disney World this year. We are going to pay thousands of dollars to fly to Orlando and the primray draw for us will be the opportunity to let my youngest daughter dress up in a princess dress and hug Cinderella (and hopefully all the others as well).

Sure, we'll enjoy the rides. But without the princess meet and greet, we wouldn't go on the trip this year.

I'm sure that sounds crazy to a lot of you. It sounds kind of crazy to me too. But it is what it is. And I know from all the other families in both my daughters' classes that a lot of other families go to Disney for the same things.

This stuff is Disney's bread and butter these days. If you don't learn to accept it, you're going to be a very frustrated Disney fan.

lebeau

Sounds like a visit to the doctor. :ROFLOL:

In that there is a high demand for both medical services and character interactions, I agree.

Obviously one is motivated by necessity and the other is merely a source of entertainment.

Ever wait in line with a small child? It's horrible. Families with kids will bend over backwards to avoid waiting in lines. Yet they will stand in hot lines for an hour at a time with small children for character interactions. I think that speaks to the high demand for meet and greets.

They aren't going to be for everyone. If they aren't your thing, just be glad those families are queing up for an hour to meet Aurora and not standing in line in front of you at Space Mountain.

GLaDOS

Regardless if you want to believe it or not they are incredibly popular. Just because you do not like them does not mean that 95% of the families heading to WDW will not spend time in at least one of them.

Popular? Yes.

But I don't think they're anywhere close to some of the more popular activities at the parks. Each day I'd say the vast majority of rides and attractions see more people than even the most popular of the meet and greets.

captainkidd

Popular? Yes.

But I don't think they're anywhere close to some of the more popular activities at the parks. Each day I'd say the vast majority of rides and attractions see more people than even the most popular of the meet and greets.

Of course they are.

Yoda - I didn't say they weren't popular. I'm just saying, you can't compare an hour long wait at a character meet and greet to an hour long wait at Space Mountain. Far more people clearly ride Space and Splash Mountain every day than wait to meet a character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom