Snow White closing date???

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While that sounds good the building is much to small for a trackless system.
For it to be used to its fullest potential you are absolutely correct. It is kind of a moot point anyway. Meet n greets are so popular with guests I fear this building will remain a meet n greet until the sun becomes a red giant and consumes the earth in about 4 billion years.

Choodles

For it to be used to its fullest potential you are absolutely correct. It is kind of a moot point anyway. Meet n greets are so popular with guests I fear this building will remain a meet n greet until the sun becomes a red giant and consumes the earth in about 4 billion years.

:lol: yes this I agree with!

Scar Junior

While I believe this to be true as well (logic would dictate that no Toontown Fair means smaller capacity), I don't think the park went through any phased closings on Easter. Is that correct? Is it because it was so late this year it was outside the window of many school vacations?

Toontown accounted for a capacity of 3,000 people...

RSoxNo1

Toontown accounted for a capacity of 3,000 people...

I apologize for not knowing your background, but did you work in the park? Do you have capacity information for other areas of the park or the park in general. I know things fluctuate but estimated numbers are useful information.

Scar Junior

Just found that out two weeks ago actually... I don't work at MK but I asked someone who works with the flow and capacity numbers about the impact FLE would have. They said it's still being calculated over and over and they may never have concrete numbers, just potential trends.

They mentioned Toontown's capacity was 3,000 and the fact that 20k Leagues was dreadfully slow at loading and rarely operated at it's potential/expected flow.

I took it as them essentially saying that they expect to handle far more guests than they can currently take in.

No other solid numbers though. Sorry

BlueLightningTN

Who is this "flow and capacity numbers" person? How do you know them and why would they tell you such a thing?

Just found that out two weeks ago actually... I don't work at MK but I asked someone who works with the flow and capacity numbers about the impact FLE would have. They said it's still being calculated over and over and they may never have concrete numbers, just potential trends.

They mentioned Toontown's capacity was 3,000 and the fact that 20k Leagues was dreadfully slow at loading and rarely operated at it's potential/expected flow.

I took it as them essentially saying that they expect to handle far more guests than they can currently take in.

RSoxNo1

Yes, that's not really a secret - this was my biggest complaint about 20K and my current biggest complaint about the Nemo Subs in California. The wait time (due to capacity issues) is not worth the ride. This expansion becomes a huge boost to the attendance capacity of the Magic Kingdom.

Lee

Adventurer
Well the fanboy dream is to have Pooh's Hunny Hunt come over from Tokyo. In a perfect world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh would be replaced by Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
Honestly I'd rather see that ride system go to JII 4.
Personally, I'll be shocked if that ride system ever makes it to WDW at all. It came thisclose to being cut at Mystic Manor due to cost. I really dont see TDO writing a check for a fancy system the general public doesn't even know about.

This expansion becomes a huge boost to the attendance capacity of the Magic Kingdom.
Precisely the reason they are doing it. Not to boost attendance (though there will be an initial bump) but to help spread out the current high guest count.

Penelope

Precisely the reason they are doing it. Not to boost attendance (though there will be an initial bump) but to help spread out the current high guest count.

It will be nice if the lines in Fantasyland in particular are not so long after the initial expansion bump occurs. Still sad to see the Snow White ride close though to help meet this goal of better crowd dispersion. Hope it is still open this fall for a last ride through.

RSoxNo1

I know it's probably more of a function of the actual walking areas, but I always feel that Disneyland is more congested than the Magic Kingdom on comparable days. With that said, Disneyland could use a few attractions to boost capacity as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Fantasyland Expansion does result in a permanent attendance boost in the neighborhood of 750K-1 million, presumably by 2015. The 2010 TEA report isn't out yet, but in 2009 MK had an attendance of 17,233,000. Considering normal growth that has been happening recently, I don't think 18 - 19 million is unreasonable for 2015, the first full year the expansion should be complete.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know it's probably more of a function of the actual walking areas, but I always feel that Disneyland is more congested than the Magic Kingdom on comparable days. With that said, Disneyland could use a few attractions to boost capacity as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Fantasyland Expansion does result in a permanent attendance boost in the neighborhood of 750K-1 million, presumably by 2015. The 2010 TEA report isn't out yet, but in 2009 MK had an attendance of 17,233,000. Considering normal growth that has been happening recently, I don't think 18 - 19 million is unreasonable for 2015, the first full year the expansion should be complete.
One thing to remember about DL is the streets, pathways, etc are considerably more narrow than at WDW. 1000 guests on a 30' wide street feels considerably different that 1000 people on a 20' wide one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom