Snakes, lizzard, alligators

suzie

Original Poster
Has anyone seen snakes, lizzard, and even alligators around the resorts.

Especially in the pools.

WDWScottieBoy

They would be on top of those right away if they were in the pools.

I know there's an alligator that roams the waters outside of Space Mountain, you can see him from the monorail.

Craig & Lisa

suzie said:
Has anyone seen snakes, lizzard, and even alligators around the resorts.

Especially in the pools.
Somewhere in the MK you will find harry the alligator near tom sawyer island , lizards are all over, my sons try to catch them everytime we are there. And one time a few years ago we were leaving BB, and a CM was telling everyone at the entrance to wait before we could pass, I saw a snake about 5 foot long going across, it was a copper goldish color, but because of the CM I went under the idea that it may have been poisonous one. It was still cool seeing it though.:lookaroun

wedway71

The Gators in the pools dont eat you normally unless your from Canada-lol-j/k saw your location.Living in Florida for over 30 years I can say its hard to keep Gators,snakes and other animals away all the time but Disney does a good job keeping them from eating their guests.:slurp:

autumndawn1006

Craig & Lisa said:
, I saw a snake about 5 foot long going across, it was a copper goldish color, but because of the CM I went under the idea that it may have been poisonous one. It was still cool seeing it though.:lookaroun

That would be a copperhead- I don't kill all snakes, but I always make sure I get those.

Mecha Figment

it's funny you ask about lizards. because usualy back stage you can't walk two feet with out one scurrying out of your path. They are everywhere. You just can't see them.

suzie

Original Poster
Oh God help me. I'm petrified of snakes anykind of reptiles.

I would probably have a heart attack right there if I met one.

Rayray

A favorite spot for one of the alligators used to be near the turkey leg stand in Frontierland, though I didn't see it last time I was there. Its castmember-given name slips me at the moment.

Lizards are everywhere. The snakes are there to, but you won't see them as much. Many times snakes move away from large vibrations or activities, but trust me, if it's the South, there are undoubtedly snakes.:lookaroun

autumndawn1006

suzie said:
Oh God help me. I'm petrified of snakes anykind of reptiles.

I would probably have a heart attack right there if I met one.

I think the lizards everybody is talking about are little bright green ones that can turn brown. They're actually chameleons and they run away from you. And by little I mean they are only about 6 inches long. It is very unlikely for you to come across a snake or gator in the park unless you are really trying to see one and look in the river or someplace people don't have access to.

There will not be any in the pools. The staff would get rid of them right away if one does get in. I am not a big fan of snakes myself but I give them credit for tending to avoid high population areas.

The only thing really bad in FL are the monster mosquitos:fork:

suzie

Original Poster
Heard somewhere about the black snakes, what are those are they dangerous.

Anyone got bitten by one.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wedway71

Are you talking about Water Mocasin(cotten mouth)??They are black in color and can be very deadly.They mostly hang around water-ponds,lakes,marshy areas etc and are nasty.I think the 3 snakes that stand in my mind as scary in Florida are
1-Cotten Mouth
2-any kind of rattle snake
3-coral snake( can be confused with the harmless King snake)
BUt my advise is to keep away from any if you happen to see them.
Dont be totally alarmed though-dont want you to think that Florida is like a horror movie where every 30 seconds armies of snakes are lurking about.
Ive been in SW florida and west Broward county both newly developed areas and I have only maybe seen 5-10 snakes in 30 years and the ones I have sen were harmless.

autumndawn1006

suzie said:
Heard somewhere about the black snakes, what are those are they dangerous.

Anyone got bitten by one.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

True black snakes, or indigo snakes are not dangerous. They're just pretty big and a little scary looking. Your dangerous FL snakes are:
Coral-you will never see these-very reclusive.
Copperheads-big triangular head copper color
Water moccasins-kind of look like black snakes, but are actually patterned. Thick body and big head, you'll know one if it opens its mouth because the mouth is completely white.
Rattlers-less common in Orlando area I think and again wouldn't be too likely in a park.

Really and truly unless you are wandering in a more reclusive area you won't see the snakes. Can't get away from the lizards though.

wedway71

Dont fear the lizzards.Unless they are 8 feet with huge teeth.All kiding aside i grew up in Florida and used to play with them all the time and they are harmless.I used to make them bite my lip or tongue and let them hand from my mouth as a kid.

suzie

Original Poster
Have you ever seen lizzards in hotel rooms.

and what do you do if there is one.

I would scream my head off and run for dear life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom