Snakes and other wildlife spotted at Disney.

deanaandrich

image.jpg

Saw Bambi on the trail between WL and FW.

Longers

image.jpg
Saw this snake a couple of years ago in PORS - every time we go past that bend at alligator bayou 27 - it always gets referred to as snake alley!

We did ask a cast member at Animal Kingdom later that day if it was dangerous as it proper freaked me out to see it in a resort. (Apparently it isn't)

3BratsToDisney

View attachment 57680 Saw this snake a couple of years ago in PORS - every time we go past that bend at alligator bayou 27 - it always gets referred to as snake alley!

We did ask a cast member at Animal Kingdom later that day if it was dangerous as it proper freaked me out to see it in a resort. (Apparently it isn't)

I wonder if that's the same snake we seen last year! it was around that area on our way to the bus stop it slithered right across the walkway just a few feet in front of us, my 2 DD's screamed and DH looked like he seen a ghost there for a minute. Hard to tell by your pic but did it also have some white? the one we seen was a black and white snake, anyone know what kind that is?

Longers

I wonder if that's the same snake we seen last year! it was around that area on our way to the bus stop it slithered right across the walkway just a few feet in front of us, my 2 DD's screamed and DH looked like he seen a ghost there for a minute. Hard to tell by your pic but did it also have some white? the one we seen was a black and white snake, anyone know what kind that is?
Didn't see any white on it but as you can see it was hidden in the undergrowth. Someone else spotted it and pointed it out to us or I think I would have screamed too! We have always been careful since that day especially at night.
Never did find out what type it was though.

DABIGCHEEZ

Just copied and pasted my post from other thread...
We have been going to WDW for many years and I will tell you that we have seen many great birds on Walt Disney World property at the resorts, at the hotels and all places in between. We have seen Wood Stork, Roseate Spoonbill, Great,Snowy, and Cattle Egrets, Common Galinule, Great and Little Blue Heron as well as Tri-colored and Green Heron, both Night Herons, White and Glossy Ibis, Osprey, Bald Eagle, Limpkin(at one of the ponds at Saratoga Springs Resort @ WDW every year), Sandhill Cranes, Brown Pelicans, Swallow-tailed Kite, Wild Turkey, Red-tailed & Red-shouldered Hawks, Anhingas(of course), Common Nighthawks, Loggerhead Shrikes, both Vultures and a whole host of others right on property. Barred Owls heard many times in either Fort Wiledrness or Wilderness Lodge.
Also we have seen many alligators. Some in MK and AK(wild ones), at Caribbean Beach Resort, AK Villas lake, and many canals throughout property.
A Kingsnake, Ratsnake, Watersnake and a Cottonmouth(on a marshy bank of the lake off Fort Wilderness) have been seen at various places with the Ratsnake crossing a path at Blizzard Beach. Brown, Bahama, and Green Anoles(Lizards) are everywhere as well as House Geckos. We have seen River Otters while in the rental boats in the area of the old Discovery Island amd in lake at DTD!
Armadillos, Deer, Racoon, Wild Hogs, Opposum, Fox and many species of Turtles have also been seen over the years.

ADDED: Theses 2 pics from over the years. The 2 gators we saw at the AK Villas lake were much larger than the SSR one. Have pics somewhere but not on PC.
Here is a pic from SSR from the bridge going to the newer pool area to the main pool area...

And a pic of a small guy over at the Photopass stop in AK where Everest is in the backround...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom