Snakes and other wildlife spotted at Disney.

graphite1326

Animals I see in my back yard:
rabbits and squirrels (daily)
White tail Deer (almost daily)
Red Tail Hawks (almost daily)
Bears (3 to 4 times a year. For some reason they like coming up on my back porch)
Bob cats (maybe once year they are very shy)

Cmdr_Crimson

I spotted an Eastern yellow ribbon snake on the pathway between the exits of Dinosaur/Chester & Hester's store about a year ago..

Update: I forgot I took a picture of it....
DSC04758_zps5yaj7qir.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

water moccasin in the water on the west side of the castle mote... that's been the only animal we've seen that was concerning.
I've seen them many times, but, really not much else other then small harmless things like rabbits and turtles. Yes, Alligators but, that is a swamp and it is located in Florida. They were there long before we showed up. All you really have to do is be aware that they are around and steer clear.

Eddie Garrison

I've seen snakes, turtles, turkeys and gators all on property at Disney.

Have not seen the alligator(s) in Magic any time recently. They were spotted so often the CM's named the female Ernestien. We saw nearly every visit for a while, now have not seen her on our last four or five visits to Magic.

We see turtles all the time at the Boardwalk crossing over to the water from the other side behind the ESPN Club. Snakes, though not very often. Spotted some wild Turkeys on the Monorail ride from EPCOT to Magic as well.

lukacseven

Very first time at WDW back in the early 90's, bus going from CB to one of the parks stopped because there was a gator laying in the middle of the road within the resort. Also saw gators in the water by Tom Sawyer Island.

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
I was out for a morning run between WL and FW a few years back and ran right up on a deer just hanging out. I wasn't really paying attention so it startled me pretty good

Dizmunk

Last year while driving out of Port Orleans Riverside a big animal darted in front of our car. At first we thought it was a deer-turns out it was a HUGE cat probably a florida panther-freaked us out!

righttrack

Just about everything.

Squirrels, bunnies and deer, giant black king snake in the pool at WL, gators in various bodies of water, lots of little lizards, the occasional iguana if you're lucky to find. This is Florida.

seelyt2

We were staying on the 4th floor in Kidani Villas and were looking out over the Savanna on our balcony. We looked down and saw a long, thick(ish) black snake slithering around what I think were the central air conditioning units. Blech. Was happy to be 4 floors up!

Disney.Mike

How so?

It would be awesome to see one randomly... From a distance :D Have you seen them in the park before or just i general?

Not sure if this has been addressed. But when a pig is turned loose into the wild, their testosterone shoots up by something like 5000%. This causes them to grow hair and tusk. Tusk that can literally gut you. And they are quite aggressive. I have lost more than 1 hunting dog to a hogs tusk

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Rabbits (saw a pair once at our resort doing what rabbits do to make more rabbits - get a room!), squirrels, wild turkeys, snakes, frogs, lizards, buzzards, guests in WS.... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom