Snake-Like Creature (and Ellen) gone from Universe of Energy

Mike S

Original Poster
As of this Tuesday, I can confirm that the ride is still in a miserable state, and that both AAs are indeed gone. I doubt they will be returning.
I wonder in what clever ways could people try and defend this. Absolutely horrible, especially since a picture of them is front and center on MDE.
image.jpg

gmajew

Premium Member
I'm guessing that Universe of Energy is the next thing in Epcot to be shut down. I just hope that they do it with an actual replacement in mind.

They would have to... The park can not handle less attractions. If I am guessing once frozen opens they will start work on another pavilion maybe after soarin expansion is done. No way they can lose something else.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I'm guessing that Universe of Energy is the next thing in Epcot to be shut down. I just hope that they do it with an actual replacement in mind.

It can't possibly be that difficult to update this attraction, and return some glory and inspiration to the Energy pavilion. It is mostly videos. That should be easy and relatively inexpensive for a multimedia company like Disney.

And for goodness sake, fix the friggen Elasmosaurus.

Admiral01

Premium Member
They would have to... The park can not handle less attractions. If I am guessing once frozen opens they will start work on another pavilion maybe after soarin expansion is done. No way they can lose something else.

Yeah, but it seems like Energy would be the easiest to update. It is mostly screens. That can all be ready to go before the pavilion ever goes down for refurb. They could do Energy quickly. The other pavilions, not as quick...but Energy could be fast. What was the down time between the original and the current Ellen version? A few weeks? I don't recall it being very long...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yeah, but it seems like Energy would be the easiest to update. It is mostly screens. That can all be ready to go before the pavilion ever goes down for refurb. They could do Energy quickly. The other pavilions, not as quick...but Energy could be fast. What was the down time between the original and the current Ellen version? A few weeks? I don't recall it being very long...

Heck.. Even if they just decided to re-film the thing with a few script adjustments and updated props/backgrounds and still use the same people and concept.. They could easily do that while the attraction is still running. Maybe take a week-tops just to replace the films and projectors.

They REALLY want to upgrade even MORE.. The dino scene could definitely use some brand new AAs. Like you said, it REAAALLY wouldn't take that long at ALL. The attraction takes in about one thousand people per ride, so even if there's only two "boats" full, it's taking in still about a few hundred people.. and those few hundred people get to see a horrible attraction in really bad shape... For 45 freaking minutes long.

They could AT LEAST keep the film and audio updated.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Bring back the kinetic mosaic! Bring back the theatre 1 mirrors and gold curtains! Bring back all of the diorama effects!

I'm just thinking out loud...

Goofyernmost

Still missing.
View attachment 92639
In about four months it'll be a full year since I first saw the Elasmosaurus go missing. This is a ******* embarrassment. Get your **** together Disney.
Who do you know that is causing Disney to be embarrassed by it. It was a small, terribly done section to begin with and no new rider even knows something is supposed to be there. It is to bad that they don't find a way to "improve" it and put something back there, but embarrassing? Not hardly! What was there was embarrassing! But, certainly not enough to use all those evil ****** **** words :jawdrop: to express your personal displeasure. :rolleyes:

Figment2005

Who do you know that is causing Disney to be embarrassed by it. It was a small, terribly done section to begin with and no new rider even knows something is supposed to be there. It is to bad that they don't find a way to "improve" it and put something back there, but embarrassing? Not hardly! What was there was embarrassing! But, certainly not enough to use all those evil ****** **** words :jawdrop: to express your personal displeasure. :rolleyes:
There are three teradons, or whatever they are called in that position now. All fully functional and they blend in well with the large one next to the "volcano". The truly bad show is that the following movie now references a section that no longer exists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom