News Smoking locations updated at the Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It doesn’t have a lingering smell, leaves no liter on the ground, doesn’t cause nearly as bad second hand smoke like cigarettes do.
I can tell the vapers that pass by me by their lingering smell of evergreen or fruit punch. I can see the clouds of vapor and smell them when I have to drive through them.

And I dare say a bit of ground litter is better than burned pockets and blisters on the thigh.

Br’er Rabbit

I can tell the vapers that pass by me by their lingering smell of evergreen or fruit punch. I can see the clouds of vapor and smell them when I have to drive through them.

And I dare say a bit of ground litter is better than burned pockets and blisters on the thigh.

I would much rather smell fruit punch than cigarette smoke if I had to. And a vape causing burnt pockets doesn’t effect anyone other than the person vaping. Litter effects everyone who has to look at it.

geekza

I mean it’s water vapor. I guess you also don’t go on Pirates if the Caribbean becasue you have to pass through a water vapor cloud too.
The vapor screens they use in the attractions don't contain carcinogens (that we know of). They might be able to sell an upcharge where they include nicotine in the mist to help all the jonesing smokers, though! Just make the boat go reeeeealll slooooooowwww. ;)

Glasgow

Sort of...and second hand smoke being bad as well. But both subjects were only vaguely addressed.
Sorry, was a tongue in cheek comment for levity.. ;) These sorts of threads always devolve into people's opinions of X vs Y. I'm surprised its not locked yet, to be honest.

LMSB

You're not going to shut them down. Discourage smokers....sure. But unless Disney is ready to put in a budget for the "cigarette police", I expect that they will continue to move these areas out the public view as they have been doing.

The correlation I see - is that as they eliminate areas (As they did recently with Morocco in EPCOT), I observe more and more people walking around the parks catching a few drags (obviously not trying to call attention to themselves). It's usually a couple of puffs and away the cigarette goes.

And yes, I smoke (used to be a heavy smoker - but now its more a social thing when I'm having a couple of drinks). And...I always respect the designated areas.
Same here! Have been a smoker since I was 18 -- but married a non-smoker & have cut down immensely. On our visit last fall, I did not smoke in the parks but would have a cigarette once we returned to our resort (AS Movies) in the designated smoking area. We did notice A LOT of folks smoking in non designated areas throughout the parks tho..

Kman101

Don't ever come to NYC. Y'all will die of cigarette smoke and vapor.

People also blatantly smoke joints like it's nothing (that's a fun smell while crammed in a group of a hundred people crossing the intersection). People literally stand there smoking in front of hotels that have "no smoking" signs :joyfull: (I visited New York last year). Now I'm going on a little rant ... lol (not personally geared towards you past this part)

Disney shouldn't ban it. It would only increase the problem. As a non-smoker/smoker, I think the locations of the sections have been a problem. It's gotten better. I felt like they did it on purpose, deliberately putting them in the way of guests. They weren't convenient or out of the way locations at all.

Despite it being unhealthy, it's still legal and Disney has a right to offer smoking locations. They want those guests in their parks too ;) Why force them to leave? Should we all just quit and be healthy? Of course :) But that's not a reality. People are hooked. Guests from out of the country still smoke, it's not nearly as looked down upon or shamed.

I don't understand the shaming. You (not you personally; just saying in general) can have your feelings, but shaming someone isn't what you should be doing.

I'm a very sympathetic smoker because I was also a non-smoker (and yes I am currently working on stopping; I'm someone who declared *I'm NEVER smoking* and here I am). I'm torn on the vaping, I say if someone goes to a quiet corner and does it, who cares? I understand the rules (but not all vape has nicotine, another FYI), but why force vapers to have to inhale the hundreds of other chemicals in cigarettes?. Even I get annoyed seeing them do it anywhere. But I get it. I'm not "into" vaping. I think the large clouds are obnoxious. But I'd never tell someone how awful they are for doing it and why they should stop, regardless of my own feelings. We have to let people live their lives (as long as they're equally respectful). I'm respectful of my smoking. Many aren't.

And also a newsflash. Most smokers can't really smell it on themselves anymore. It's shocking how bad it smells yet I rarely even notice it. But when I stop? It's totally awful. So I get it.

I'm someone who hides their cigarette in the car if I happen to pull up next to someone on a motorcycle or even an open window next to me. Yes, I'm rare in that (and maybe it's weird, LOL, but no one else is asking to have my smoke in their face - and yeah, I could close the window ...). I also don't light up in front of those in my life who don't smoke. I also know it's hard for many to understand the addiction when you don't have it. But, hey, sugar is also an addiction, lol.

Last edited:

geekza

I wonder how they deal with smoking in the Chinese and Japanese parks? China is the largest consumer of tobacco in the world and the Japanese still smoke quite a bit, though, like the U.S., it is declining.

Kman101

I wonder how they deal with smoking in the Chinese and Japanese parks? China is the largest consumer of tobacco in the world and the Japanese still smoke quite a bit, though, like the U.S., it is declining.

I'm curious about that as well. There needs to be a vlogger out there who smokes and takes us into these forbidden locations; I swear I wouldn't even think Japanese or Chinese guests smoke at all or even in their respective parks, if I based it off a video or a vlog. Do they even have smoking locations in the parks? I've never actually thought to look on a map and see. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom