News Smoking locations updated at the Magic Kingdom

jaklgreen

We have, but like I said in a earlier post, people see what looks like smoke so it would never fly being able to vape freely. When vaping started years ago, it was actually ok on planes for a short period but again, people don’t know what it is so that was stopped. Not that I was in favor of doing it on a plane. By the way, you are correct, vapors.:)
One of the main reasons they ban it on planes is because the vapes are exploding.

jaklgreen

I have photos of me at my 3rd birthday party.. a Great Aunt smoking while I’m sitting next to her. 😂

No one cared about the health of children when I was little. Amazingly, most of us are perfectly fine. :)

You don't know that "most of us are perfectly fine". There are 41,000 second hand smoke deaths in a year, as reported. Some of us have developed severe allergies from them.

DisneyDebRob

One of the main reasons they ban it on planes is because the vapes are exploding.
Not true.
if you go to faa.gov you can see the list of things that have exploded on planes over the last few years. Vapes aren’t even close to number one. Cell phones and laptops lead the list , it’s a runaway. Most people need to remove the batteries when traveling on a plane from their mods. The explosions that you see on the news are of someone sneaking it in with the batteries still in. Cell phones and laptops, most anyway, the batteries are left in. It’s not the vapes that are the problem, it’s the lithium battery.

Last edited:

smile

I think you're nitpicking.

agreed - and that helps about as much as broad generalizations :p

It is a fact. Not nonsense at all.

you're right, it wasn't nonsense... but fact? eh. in thread we've seen a law in cali (shocker) and something protecting only minors under 8 in VA
- i see a few bills and some bans... not a lot of actual laws, tho. he made it seem like a wave or something.

It's illegal in the states of Guernsey and Jersey ...

i've made some calls to verify, but as of now, i'm not sure those actually count ;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
agreed - and that helps about as much as broad generalizations :p

you're right, it wasn't nonsense... but fact? eh. in thread we've seen a law in cali (shocker) and something protecting only minors under 8 in VA
- i see a few bills and some bans... not a lot of actual laws, tho. he made it seem like a wave or something.

i've made some calls to verify, but as of now, i'm not sure those actually count ;)
As an offshore tax haven we will take your monies and not care :greedy:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
several states have not yet made this a law, tho - in the us, i only see it's 'illegal' in ca, as in punishable...
so, to say that several states have passed laws making it illegal is misleading, right? it hasn't yet quite gained the steam it should.

certainly not nonsense, tho... so, apologies @networkpro - just saw a broad brush painting half-truth
... considering it widespead (or national, which you didn't do) flirts with internet myth and doesn't help the cause (folks think it's a law when it actually isn't)

Well Smile, it's the law here in Georgia. That's fact.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Saw thread topic.

Expected crap storm and discussion to end up having nothing to do with the topic of smoking areas.

Wasn't disappointed.

10/10
images(24).jpg

note2001

Can't see where you are coming from. Yes it has strayed off tangent but political ???
Not off tangent at all. Just tangent in the same way one might take the off-ramp of a highway, blow right past the stop sign at the bottom of the ramp, cross over and hop back on the highway.

I hear Walt Disney's original concept for the Mr Toad's Wild Ride was very much akin to our modern day discussion threads. 3D, twisting, turning... but he was ahead of his time and they just told him to quit smoking the funny stuff (there were no smoking areas back then, or he'd have been told where to go ;) ) See now, we're back up on I4... let the discussion continue.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’ve seen a lot more people vaping in non-smoking areas. Do you guys feel like they should be forced to go to the smoking location? I’m sort of torn on that one. They shouldn’t be doing it in a building or line, but a vape produces a lot less smell and harmful effects than a regular cigarette.
What's less problematic about a cloud of vaporized nicotine and combustion byproducts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom