Smoking in the parks

Woody13

Originally posted by bsandersjr
No matter what is said here, the whole situation is out of our hands.

No it isn't out of our hands. The citizens of Florida voted to amend the Florida Constitution and force the state legislature to enact antismoking laws. To wit:

"WHEREAS, second-hand tobacco smoke is a known human carcinogen (contains cancer-causing agents) for which there is no safe level of exposure, and causes death and disease; WHEREAS, exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke frequently occurs in the workplace; and WHEREAS, ventilation and filtration systems do not remove the cancer-causing substances from second-hand smoke; NOW, THEREFORE, to protect people from the health hazards of second-hand tobacco smoke, the citizens of Florida hereby amend Article X of the Florida Constitution to add the following as section 20:"

Do you recall the "Like father, like son" ads that were run on TV many years ago? Well, look here:

http://www.littlemoviesinc.com/work/likefather.html

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Woody13
No it isn't out of our hands. The citizens of Florida voted to amend the Florida Constitution and force the state legislature to enact antismoking laws.

:eek: Yeah, we know how well the last vote went in Florida. :lookaroun

Bill

Account Suspended
Yes, thanks to it, we have a pregnant pigs clause in our state constitution. :lol: :hammer:

Smoking is bad no matter how you look at it. The smokers aren't, it's the smoke. And I think we can all agree with that.

Timekeeper

NicoWater

There's always NicoWater.

The product is sold in four-packs of half-liter bottles, each of which has 4 mg of nicotine, an amount equal to that in two cigarettes. It tastes like regular bottled water.

- - -

There is, of course, the rumor that NicoWater is really water taken from the It's A Small World attraction and from the interior of the 20,000 Leagues attraction building.

Tk

aim

Re: NicoWater

Originally posted by Timekeeper
There is, of course, the rumor that NicoWater is really water taken from the It's A Small World attraction and from the interior of the 20,000 Leagues attraction building.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gucci65

Originally posted by gjpjtj
It's not. The whole idea of a non-smoking room, is so people who don't smoke, can stay in a room that doesn't stink! As far as I have seen, there are no rules about smoking outdoors anywhere at the resorts. In fact at the All Stars, they have ash trays on top of the garbage cans on the walkways by the stairs.

If the walkways said there was no smoking there, I would go to the designated smoking area, wherever that may be. Until then people, and myself, will continue to step outside to smoke.

:lookaroun

Thanks for the clarification. Cause my sister and her husband still smoke and ask for a non-smoking room (they can't stand the smell of the smoking room) when they go to WDW.:)

Shaman

Originally posted by Erika
Didn't you start this entire thread by moaning about people moaning? :lookaroun

And now I'm moaning, about YOU moaning, about them moaning :rolleyes:

I'm about ready to file this thread under "Topics breached for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble"

:lol:

*follows Erika's example* :wave:

Anyhow...about smoking...IMHO...people have the right to smoke, and non smokers have the right to breathe clean air...I voted against the smoker ban at restaurants for this exact reason...

Its easy for non smokers to ban others who do smoke...cuase well they're not affected by the ban...I think Disney does a good job with the smoking issue...if people manage to stumble into a smoking zone...and don't like it....thats just too bad...

I haven't read all the posts on this thread...so forgive me if I repeated anything someone else has said...

Oh an in case you're wondering...I don't smoke (anything)...nor do I know anyone who frequently smokes...:)

barnum42

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
I do long for the old days when a person could just light one up and not get dirty stares.

I long for the old days when I did not have to rely on asthma inhalers to help me to breathe.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
I long for the old days when I did not have to rely on asthma inhalers to help me to breathe. [/QUOTE]

I LOVE my asthma inhaler!

:hammer:

Bill

Account Suspended
I long for the old days when I didn't have to... wait, what am I saying? It's gotten better in the past few years, not worse!:lol:

77johnson77

Originally posted by Bill
Ugh, I think all of WDW should be a smoke-free vacation destination. In honor of Walt Disney, as smoking was what did him in, smoking should not be allowed in any Disney Vacation Destination.

I agree with Bill, Its good to see someone thinking of how Walt died,

BwanaBob

I'm not the 'Pleasure Police'.

Just don't do it where you're not supposed to...

...waiting in line.
...walking through the park.
...in the bathrooms.

...hitting on Snow White...

(oops!)

:lookaroun

He,he. :D

JBSLJames

Maybe in addition to Smoking areas in the Park, we should petition for Adkins Dieters Sections in the park and stock the area with Bacon and Pork Rinds?

On a side tangent, have you ever noticed the breath of someone on the Adkins Diet? :veryconfu :hurl: Must be all that protein?

barnum42

Originally posted by JBSLJames
On a side tangent, have you ever noticed the breath of someone on the Adkins Diet? :veryconfu :hurl: Must be all that protein?
You must be a smoker, trying vainly to deflect the flack. :animwink:

On the subject of the tangent, there was a program on BBC recently that mentioned this very side effect, something called Ketosis:
"During ketosis, the body switches from using glucose for energy (sufficient dietary carbs are not available) to using fat; fatty acids are then released into the bloodstream and converted into ketones. The ketones themselves are produced by the metabolism of fat"
The side effect is a need for breath mints.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by barnum42
You must be a smoker, trying vainly to deflect the flack. :animwink:

Actually, I am not a smoker. I had asthma as a child and have never smoked cigs.

I have puffed on cigars when playing cards or in New Orleans.

I just noticed the breath thing from friends and family who are on the diet. I need to lose weight, but I do not see the long term benefits to a diet such as Adkins.

barnum42

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I just noticed the breath thing from friends and family who are on the diet. I need to lose weight, but I do not see the long term benefits to a diet such as Adkins.
I've not gone the full-blown Atkins way, but I have lost a good chunk of weight by lowering the carbs. I still have cereal / porridge and toast for breakfast, but after that avoid the big carbs - rice, pasta, spuds and bread. Combined with three sessions a week of one hour on a Nordic ski-track, keeping the heart rate at maximum fat burning level (an excretion level at which I can easily hold a conversation) has worked a treat for me. PM me if you would like to know any more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom